Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been playing around with the following deck but I found I was struggling to decide what to sacrifise so I added Brutalis but now the deckis 35 cards. When allies start to flood the field I find myself having to use Lightning bolts on them instead of hitting their hero and getting into a mess.

1 x Majiya
    4 x Brutalis
    4 x Fireball
    4 x Lightning Bolt
    4 x Supernova
    4 x Here Be Monsters
    4 x Rain Delay
    3 x Shriek of Vengeance
    3 x Research
    2 x Voice of Winter
    1 Engulfing Flames
    1 Poison Gas

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was playing Snakes for a long time.

A first turn snake is better than it sounds, since it can turn a lightning bolt into a fireball, eat up a spark, and usually swings life totals by at least 4 points between the damage it does and the damage it takes. I've even had snakes chew up armor and weapons in casual games. However a late game snake draw always made me wish for something else, so I dropped them.

My best matchups are vs elemental decks and mages. My worst are vs Archers (I think I need to learn how to play HBM properly)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I run a variation of aggro/burn instead of burn/stall. I like it, but it's still being tuned.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Before dropping the snakes, matches vs human mages were all but shoe-ins. After dropping them I lost a couple in short order. Snakes are back in. I recommend testing out Snakes sometime.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringel View Post
    I was playing Snakes for a long time.

A first turn snake is better than it sounds, since it can turn a lightning bolt into a fireball, eat up a spark, and usually swings life totals by at least 4 points between the damage it does and the damage it takes. I've even had snakes chew up armor and weapons in casual games. However a late game snake draw always made me wish for something else, so I dropped them.

My best matchups are vs elemental decks and mages. My worst are vs Archers (I think I need to learn how to play HBM properly)
    I agree. This deck pretty much can't win against 10 bows + Rapid Fire and the Snakes just become +4 life heal vs a Soul Seeker. I'm always happy to play Majiya with my hunter deck and even more happy to see a Snake enter play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After testing.. This is my final built. Im fine with this. Fair n good versus elemental n mage, a bit tough against aggro especially with good draw. Good againsts all hunter except gwenneth where she cab out race the damage.

1 x Majiya
    3 x gargoyle
    2 x plasma behemoth
    4 x Fireball
    4 x Lightning Strike
    4 x Supernova
    4 x Here Be Monsters
    4 x Rain Delay
    3 x Shriek of Vengeance
    2 x Research
    2 x Voice of Winter
    2 x Snow saphire
    2 x Engulfing Flames
    2 x Poison Gas
    2 x shadowspawn.

Against elementals, i resource all behemoth. Play early poison/engulfing eventhough they have 1-2 sparks in play n i keep my lightning strike. I always try to target opp n 1 ally with lightning strike, not to all allies. Cos i need to lower opp health before casting supernova.
    When opp has 2 sparks in play, i will still target 1 spark n hero. Dont care the damage especially if i have rain delay or another copy of lightning strike