Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

my 2 cents...

I always liked Majya and her drawing ability, and I agree that this deck has a good control strategy. I tried it and I changed it a little bit based on my games.
    I also found that reducing it to 30 cards works best for me, it gives me more chance to have exactly what I need in the first turns and even if sometimes I am close to finish my deck it never happened that I went over it for more than 2 rounds.

Anyway, I want to share my list to see general feedbacks and feelings.

1 Majya
    4 Infernal Gargoyle (always useful, to sacrifice or to play based on the enemy strategy. If you are in control it will speed up the process of winning)
    4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    3 Supernova (good for control, but also to improve your winning speed)
    2 Poison Gas
    2 Engulfing Flames
    4 Here Be Monsters (if you start first and you have 1 or 2 of this, that usually happens by running 30 cards+Majya, you are going to gain a big advantage)
    3 Shriek of Vengeance (more than enough even for Hunters/Bows deck, by the time they play their 4 weapon they are usually in a too bad position to recover)
    3 Voice of Winter

I know that not having a 2cost spell is bad, but Research is not so useful in my opinion. Majya will give you card advantage anyway, and when I tried to remove Research I did not miss at all. Playing this deck with only 30 cards can seem tricky, it took some time for me to find my tempo and to balance the cards I sacrifice or play.
    So far the hardest match up is Elementalis, I think it is a very strong counter to this strategy. But I feel very comfortable with all other decks I played against.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm 4-0 with a similar version of this, but every one has been a nailbiter I could have lost or would have the next turn.

I like decks where you blow them out most the time, and have nail biters like 1 in 20 games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    shadowspawn is decent in here
    Shadowspawn? Maybe I'm just being daft, but I have no idea what you mean.

And I'm still trying the deck without rain delays. I'll do a few more games before I make the switch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    thanks Mr. Ad. it's not in my version right now, but basically it'd be a good meta card vs, like, elementalis or zmist. you deal damage and nuke their shadow energy so they can't heal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just owned an eldwan. 4 HBM in a row, continued fireball,lightning strike, and supernova. I mopped the floor with him so good I had to use my SHAMWOW!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi Patel View Post
    4 HBM in a row
    You could have stopped right there. Even 3 (maybe even 2) would have done it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey guys, first of all, a variation of ice's old majiya deck was my favorite to run in the past, and my new deck looks similar to those posted here... I run 4 behemoths instead of gargoyles though. I'm also only running 2 researches now... However my biggest problem seems to be the early Blake/aldon combo... But the rain delays help with that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3thanx View Post
    Hey guys, first of all, a variation of ice's old majiya deck was my favorite to run in the past, and my new deck looks similar to those posted here... I run 4 behemoths instead of gargoyles though. I'm also only running 2 researches now... However my biggest problem seems to be the early Blake/aldon combo... But the rain delays help with that.
    If you go first, the Blake/aldon combo isn't so bad. If they go first, you take 4 damage from blake, then can fireball aldon, then next turn lightning bolt blake and something else. Yes, you'll take at least 7 damage, but it's not so bad.

You really run 4 behemoths? How often does the behemoth help you win?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    if they fixed plasmab doing his thing under a rain delay i can see how he'd help you win