Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice but i just hate to play mage deck haha..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shadow Mage is completely different than bowing to the Human Mage trend.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Ice. First, thanks for the Majiya inspiration. Before the patch, I didn't start playing her until I saw your decklist. Since then she's become my favorite hero to play. (though I play ter-adun and nishaven too)

So after the patch, I saw your new decklist for an almost ally-less majiya and thought I'd give it a try. Don't know if you want feedback or not, but here are my observations so far.

Snow Sapphire - I haven't found this very useful so far. I like the ability, but the cost is so high, that by the time I can get the armor out, I don't really need it. In several games, this card has just been sacrificed. Have you found the armor useful? It might help deal with damage from weapons, but I just haven't tested it enough yet. My instinct is to remove the armor from the deck to make room for other things.

Item Destruction - I have found 4 copies of Shriek to be overkill. I'm running 3 now.

Voice of Winter - God I love this card. I bumped it up to 4 copies, just to be sure I can play one asap. This may be too much, but I've had two matches where having a replacement copy of VoW is really handy. The opponent has one item destruction card but not two. So for now, I'm happy with 4 copies.

Gargoyle - The only thing I've used this for is early game tempo. It really is great to be able to kill Blake with it now that Eladwen can't nuke until turn 4. But I'm amazed how many times I draw Gargoyle later and just sacrifice it. In other decks, this would go on the board immediately. I was initially running 4 out of habit, but I think I'm gonna go down to your recommended 3.

Freeze - Not too useful. I've got so many ways of dealing with allies that it's just unnecessary. And there are more decks out there now that are light on allies. I'd remove this in favor something else. I've bumped webs up to 3 copies instead.

2 Cost stuff - This deck often has no play on turn 2, which is never fun. Unfortunately, there's no way I can think of to deal with this at the moment. Guess we'll just have to wait for more cards to come out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used snow sapphire and voice of winter in a much heated game against a warrior and it saved me. The opposing hero froze himself and and all his allies were frozen which allowed me to win with 3 health left.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, I take it back, snow sapphire rocks in the right circumstances. Definitely keeping it in the deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Grint,

I'm glad it inspired someone. Playing Majiya in 1.23 was honestly pretty rough business, but 1.24 has made things easier for the dark elf.

Feedback is certainly welcome. Having someone to bounce ideas with is always good. To reply to your observations:

I'm sad to say that Snow Sapphire doesn't really work as advertised. Even though it freezes heroes that attack you, they can still attack the turn after! Pretty lame, but hopefully people won't notice. It's still one of the better cards to play later in a game (having both Snow Sapphire and Voice of Winter in play is pretty groovy).

You could be right about Shriek of Vengenance; 4 might be a tad too many. I might try cutting it down to 3 the next time I get the chance to play, although I'm worried about not having an answer for an opposing weapon or item when I really need one. You might want that fourth copy as insurance. Something that could be worth testing for sure.

Voice of Winter is pretty baller. Hands down the best control weapon a Mage could ask for. As I said in my first post, I only got 2 because I couldn't afford more.

The Gargoyle is there primarily to be played early, hopefully picking off an ally or two. If you get a chance to drop one mid/late game, that's just a bonus.

I actually kept my Freezes in and replaced my two Clinging Webs, adding two additional Rain Delay instead. You don't have many allies that are affected by it anyway, and you're supposed to be stalling, so...
    Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

Let it be known that Majiya is my favorite hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I'm sad to say that Snow Sapphire doesn't really work as advertised. Even though it freezes heroes that attack you, they can still attack the turn after! Pretty lame, but hopefully people won't notice.
    Um... I haven't seen this bug. Granted, I have only played snow sapphire in a few games today, and in most of those the opponent used their weapons to attack the random gargoyle I had in play. I'll have to investigate more. For now, I've got 2 sapphire and 3 VoW in the deck.

You could be right about Shriek of Vengenance; 4 might be a tad too many. I might try cutting it down to 3 the next time I get the chance to play, although I'm worried about not having an answer for an opposing weapon or item when I really need one. You might want that fourth copy as insurance. Something that could be worth testing for sure
    I found a definite reason to keep four of these in the deck. Hunters! I've run into three games against Human hunters. They appeared to be stocking at least 6, maybe more bows. I think it's worth having 4 shrieks so you can kill as many of those bows as possible. If a hunter manages to get the full combo out of attacking twice, double damage on attacks, +1 to attack with the bow, the hero will hit you for a ton in one turn. Granted, they only got the full combo out against me once, but that was after I blew up 2 other bows. So, moral of the story, pack 4 copies of Shriek, and if I don't need em, then I'll use em as resources.

I actually kept my Freezes in and replaced my two Clinging Webs, adding two additional Rain Delay instead. You don't have many allies that are affected by it anyway, and you're supposed to be stalling, so...
    Why do you like the freeze better than webs? I find the deck has a lot of four cost cards, and sandra often stops me from playing them. That was my logic for preferring webs to freeze. This could use some further investigation, because I usually sacrifice webs anyway. It's almost always better to throw an early gargoyle, fireball, or those wonderful lightning bolts if I can.

I haven't been using rain delay at all. You think I should try? You're running 4 now? Honestly, the deck works pretty well without rain delay.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Amazing!

Wow this deck is great! I toke out the freeze and 1 Shrek as well, I'm thinking about replacing web with rain delay. This is very competitive. Once I had 1 hp against zaladar and beat him, similar with eldwen. This is an underdog deck, you look like you goons lose and then BAM they can't attack u but your doing like 12 damage a turn!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    shadowspawn is decent in here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    i'm doing 4x rain delay as well.