Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Majiya, Majiya, lovely Majiya.

Alright boys and girls, I'll try to make this short.

The update brought a slew of changes for lovely Majiya. The first decklist I posted (on page 1 in this thread, the deck I was using until 1.24) relied on Portal to counteract opposing Portals. However, the introduction of the new cards brought alternate methods of doing so, namely Shriek of Vengeance and Voice of Winter.

Voice of Winter makes allies frozen for two turns when they enter play, rendering Portal useless. Coupled with the fact that Portal only lasts 3 turn now (which also means it is a more unattractive option for oneself) means it is easily outstalled.

Shriek of Vengeance is an interesting card. For the cost of a resource, you can destroy any armor, weapon, and item (not sure if the former two are intentional, but at this point in time, SoV can be used that way). As such, this is another card that is good for mitigating damage.

Snow Sapphire is another good option for stalling, although admittedly not as safe as Voice of Winter. Snow Sapphire freezes any character that attacks your hero, both heroes and allies, making it apt at preventing hero attacks.

Modifying the decklist with all the recent changes in mind, here's an initial draft:

Hero: Majiya

Allies:
    3 Infernal Gargoyle

Abilites:
    4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    3 Supernova
    2 Poison Gas
    2 Engulfing Flames
    2 Clinging Webs
    2 Freeze
    4 Shriek of Vengeance
    2 Rain Delay
    4 Here be Monsters

Items:
    4 Research

Weapons and Armor:
    2 Voice of Winter
    2 Snow Sapphire

The deck has changed quite a bit. A ton of abilites were added to ensure you survive.

Infernal Gargoyle can now efficiently counter Blake Windrunner, as Eladwen's power costs 4 Shadow Energy to use. Since the deck doesn't use Portal, it is the only ally in the deck. Plasma Behemoth could be added for battering Darkclaw and Elementalis.

Here be Monsters is still Here be Monsters. Makes sure you don't fall behind in resources.

Voice of Winter, Snow Sapphire and Shriek of Vengeance are explained above.

The deck plays similarily to the Nishaven burn deck. Put a Poison Gas and Engulfing Flames on the opposing hero and start stalling. Pretty simple.

I only got two of VoW and SS because I couldn't afford any more.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Ice; 03-25-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Typos
    Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

Let it be known that Majiya is my favorite hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i did something different with majiya, but yours looks good also. I wasnt resticted to what cards I could put in though.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea, pretty good one. Played against your deck, you won with 1 health Hard to beat this deck.
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    i did something different with majiya, but yours looks good also. I wasnt resticted to what cards I could put in though.
    Mind sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjee007 View Post
    Yea, pretty good one. Played against your deck, you won with 1 health Hard to beat this deck.
    Yeah, that was a really close one. I made a mistake in playing a Snow Sapphire after freezing your Raven with Freeze: I should have played the Voice of Winter that was in my hand instead. Of course an Aeon Stormcaller followed such a misplay! Had you drawn a Smashing Blow, it would have been over for me, and YOU would have won with 1 HP left.

Edit: You... were playing Boris, right? >_>
    Last edited by Ice; 03-25-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Voice of Winter and Snow Sapphire kill allies dead.

I think the paradigm of the latest update is going to shift heavily away from allies in top tier decks, with the exception of hyper-aggro. All of the top Tier decks other than Eladwen didn't rely heavily on allies anyway.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Yeah, that was a really close one. I made a mistake in playing a Snow Sapphire after freezing your Raven with Freeze: I should have played the Voice of Winter that was in my hand instead. Of course an Aeon Stormcaller followed such a misplay! Had you drawn a Smashing Blow, it would have been over for me, and YOU would have won with 1 HP left.

Edit: You... were playing Boris, right? >_>
    Yeah I was playing Boris. That was a really good move in the end when you destroyed my War Banner, it won you the game. Good match,good match
    Also mid game there was a point when I was praying that you wouldn't draw a Supernova, and then BOOM (Supernova)...
    Last edited by Benjee007; 03-25-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    seems like everyone is playing this deck atm jsut saw 3 of it (not to tell that i´m playing it too right now )
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm still using Majiya with allies(without weapon/armor), weapons and armors are easily destroyed by SoV.
    won a Majiya solo deck this afternoon, it's not very hard to beat
    maybe this deck is good against other heroes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    i gotta play against this, cause right now it looks like a pile.

clinging webs?

i suppose delaying them and supernovaing is good, but when they see it coming (like w/ tidal wave vs priest) and don't overdeploy, you can get owned, imo.

/shrug

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Viconia View Post
    I'm still using Majiya with allies(without weapon/armor), weapons and armors are easily destroyed by SoV.
    won a Majiya solo deck this afternoon, it's not very hard to beat
    maybe this deck is good against other heroes
    Not sure if a sample consisting of a single game can count towards something.

With that said...

Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    i gotta play against this, cause right now it looks like a pile.

clinging webs?

i suppose delaying them and supernovaing is good, but when they see it coming (like w/ tidal wave vs priest) and don't overdeploy, you can get owned, imo.

/shrug
    As I said in my initial post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Modifying the decklist with all the recent changes in mind, here's an initial draft:
    Meaning, it's by no means a perfect deck. I will be testing other options and some cards might be cut (Clinging Webs is on the top of that list, yes).

Besides, if they don't overdeploy (not sure exactly how many allies would count as overdeploying), you can pick off the most dangerous allies (if necessary) and play Voice of Winter and/or Snow Sapphire to make it harder for your opponent to put pressure on you.