Close

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XanteseZerylliom View Post
    (Oh, and if you watch the SE Radio broadcast, the DT reveals their thoughts on the new cards as well.)
    That is a good reason to listen to it then.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yea but still it only affects 1 ally. And it's still only until the start of the next turn. I also forgot that protector goes away with this guy and didn't even think about that or raven. Sandworms will finally be easier to deal with other then clinging web and thank god for that! I still rather see him be 2/2 or 2/3 for either 4 or 5cc and have his ability be "ongoing" and once he leaves the board the allys are back to normal. He is awesome, I just wanted a complete board targeted ability that's all. Where's the link for SE Radio? I haven't heard about it.
    Tournament & League Wins Achivements
    Semi-Finalist AA1 Duel Tournament.

Current Quick Match Rating= 261.(39 away from 300)

8 Time Tier 2 Meltdown Finishes.

"I have become death, Destroyer of Worlds"
    -Robert Oppenhiemer.

PROUD FOUNDER OF KINGS 4 HIRE

KINGS 4 HIRE- "Hire a warrior; gain a sword. Hire a king; gain an army."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3rX83 View Post
    Yea but still it only affects 1 ally. And it's still only until the start of the next turn. I also forgot that protector goes away with this guy and didn't even think about that or raven. Sandworms will finally be easier to deal with other then clinging web and thank god for that! I still rather see him be 2/2 or 2/3 for either 4 or 5cc and have his ability be "ongoing" and once he leaves the board the allys are back to normal. He is awesome, I just wanted a complete board targeted ability that's all. Where's the link for SE Radio? I haven't heard about it.
    The radio is in the announcement section.

As for Layarian being 2cc. Yes, you won't get the full effect by playing him on T2, but he can still be played as a Puwen with -1 health if need be. He is also not merely a meat shield in late game (like Puwen) due to the fact that his effect can change the tide very quickly. It may only be one ally for one turn, but it has a greater effect that you think it does. Definitely listen to the podcast, it gives some very good examples of why this guy is very effective.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A very interesting card with many late game uses. I could see it my Amber deck to help deal with fatties.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This card could wreak havoc on current decks ... Let the carnage commence!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah Lance will have a harder time I agree, however, Lance's allies will still get haste and ambush on turn 5, so even if Layarian Diplomat is played on turn 6 for 2 resources, Lance will probably already have crippled or killed an opposing ally for board control. Furthermore, Layarian Diplomat will cost 2 resources meaning Lance's opponent can't summon a fatty on turn 6 and if Lance crippled or otherwise dealt with his opponents allies already, then there would be no way to kill the unstealthed ally anyway. Lance will still be one of the strongest Heroes.

I do have a question though if anyone can answer. If an ally is crippled by Raven, or "infatuated" by Jasmine, can Layarian Diplomat undo that passive effect? This is also a question asking if Layarian Diplomat's ability is like Retreat in that it can be used on friendly allies as well as enemy allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Answered my own question by opening my eyes and reading a little better!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The answer should be no, jas's charm and ravens cripling ability are not considered passive effects, they are considered negative effects which are different. And if you want to get real technical raven and jas's abilities are also different in that ravens isn't even negative, its just reducing attack to 0 which is why something like healing touch doesn't restore the attack strength.
    IGN: Maty

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Passive abilities are written on the card and can happen during your opponents turn - pretty much anything that doesn't require resource or shadow energy to activate.
    "Give me an ally, and I will fight beside them.
    Give me a friend, and I will fight before them."

- IGN -
    The Spectre

Physical pre-order of: Call of the Crystals - Dark Prophecies