Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

An EUREKA! Moment

So I contacted kyle and GDC about this, but I haven't received an official reply from kyle yet. Not sure why, as it feels like a great idea.

Here's what it is (yes, I would love it if someone helps me, ie backs my initial attempts):

With shadow era tournaments coming in, and the sole prizes being shadow crystals, we are sorely lacking one thing in the physical card tournaments. Prizes!

I mean, what use is it to the player if they win a card or some shadow crystals when they already have all the cards?

So here's my concept: an official real-life shadow crystal!

Glass makers can really do a great job nowadays. Google glow in the dark glass art. What it would look like would be this:

Category one: mass media sales

A 2 to 4 inch long shadow crystal with a core composed of glowing materials. On one of the sides or a standing base would be the official shadow era logo. This would be sold for between 30-50 dollars, depending on manufacturing costs (these have to be made by hand, there is no way to mass produce them)

Category two: trophies

Three to six inch shadow crystals, same as above but perhaps with decorative glass surrounding them. Imagine serpentine glad "threads" encircling the crystal. Or perhaps even a foil card of choice embedded in/on the crystal.

Category three: world championships

Assume for a moment getting a brand new iPad is kind of meh as a prize for you. It could be!

So picture this: a one foot tall shadow crystal with base complete, glowing glass threads as described above, the hero you won with in foil on the base, and a "world champion" underneath the shadow era logo.

Now, these are all very classy, and not too cheap. I mean, it IS GLASS. What I need is:

1: Kyle to say "hell. I love this idea man, yes I will endorse you"
    2: funding. It's not easy, I'm broke. I am willing to search high and low for a glass blower willing to do this. If anyone knows of someone who does CUSTOM glass art, please let me know. So far, all the glass blowers I have talked to (going on five now) have stated they don't do/won't do that kind of custom glass art. Which seriously sucks.
    3: interest. I need to know how interested you, as a community, are in something like this. If the interest is high and I can find someone able/willing to do this, maybe kyle and I could work out a deal and he earns some/most of the income I get from this. Or even officially sells it from his site.

I think this community would benefit from such a prize, especially with physical tournaments. And Wulven could get some considerable income just from them.

I mean, have you guys seen these glow in the dark paperweights, etc? They're beautiful.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Our work does a similar thing with blown glass trophies for our internal Reward and Recognition programs. I think it's pretty cool personally. Logistically it's a nightmare, particularly transport, but a cool idea nonetheless.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Just glass? How about diamond or sapphire?
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    For transport I was thinking FIRST get ahold of a LIMITED number of copies. Package them and get them ready to sell.

No unlimited pre ordering, I feel that was a mistake on Kyle's part. I'm thinking 200 or so, marked first edition promo. These would be four inchers, about double the cost of the actual mass produced editions.

Reasoning? Doubling the cost makes it possible for me to create more limited editions, and set up some sort of market structure. In addition, you would all have limited edition shadow crystals. These would gain value over time, REGARDLESS of shadow era taking off or not simply from the sheer value/beauty of them.

That's why I choose glass as a medium instead of some cheap plastic. It's expensive, beautiful, and will gain value from a collectors' standpoint REGARDLESS of the success of this game.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think we could go for jewelry like shadow crystal ring or necklace.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    I think we could go for jewelry like shadow crystal ring or necklace.
    First, collectors items. Then, expand. One thing at a time, if I were to take on too much I would very quickly be overwhelmed.

First on my list is finding a glassblower willing to do this. THEN we progress from there.

Surprisingly hard to find one, seriously. Does anyone have a more efficient way to contact producers of such things? Mass producers specialize in wineglasses, not memorabilia
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But knowing Wulven you would get those physical crystals months after you've won the tournament...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BiJay View Post
    But knowing Wulven you would get those physical crystals months after you've won the tournament...
    I resent that.

Wulven is not responsible for the DISTRIBUTOR that has been giving everyone grief. And I just said I would be the one handling this. And if you would please read, I would already have the orders in hand. No pre ordering and not having the ability to meet the demand.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seriously who wants the last released iPad when you can have.... a... piece of glass..?
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have no need for an iPad personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    No, they want actual physical Shadow Crystals. Physical game should be physical prizes!
    I put this in another thread awhile ago. I think GDC thought I was kidding. I'd like a real SC.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!