Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Serena's ability + Night Prowler + Dimension Ripper / Twice Enchanted Robe

If I have activated Serena Thoughripper's ability and I have Night Prowler in play and I deal damage to my opponent's hero, what happens if:

1. My opponent has only 1 card in his hand? Which ability will gain precedence?
    2. If he has several cards in hand, can both abilities still end up targeting the same card?
    3. If my opponent has no cards in hand, but I deal the damage with Dimension Ripper, then can the card that my opponent draws be the target of Serena's or Night Prowler's ability?
    4. Same as 3 except if, instead of myself having a Dimension Ripper, my opponent has Twice Enchanted Robe?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    An official answer is being prepared for you. Thanks for your patience.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    1 and 2) Assuming you deal combat damage with Serena, then Serena's effect will happen first (relevant rule: current hero triggers before their items), so the first card is discarded before you get chance to steal it. If any cards remain in opponent's hand, Night Prowler will steal one at random for you.

3) Dimension Ripper's ability will happen before Night Prowler's ability if Dimension Ripper entered play first (relevant rule: within same card type, cards resolve in the order they were played). It will never happen before Serena's ability. So, a DR+NP+Serena combo on someone with no cards in hand will let you steal back the card that DR drew from your deck if DR was in play before the Night Prowler.

4) If you deal enough damage to get through the 3 defence of Twice Enchanted Robe (or whatever the defence value is at the time), then the opponent will draw a card, but it will be after all your own cards have triggered (relevant rule: all cards belong to current player trigger before those of the opponent), so TER will not put a card in their hand for you to steal.

The section of the rulebook that dictates the above is still being reworded for optimum clarity, so I can't quote it at this time.