Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Deathbone and Molten Destroyer Interaction

My friends and I were playing some live-action meltdown when we received our purchased booster boxes. In one of the games, the following situation came up:

My opponent attacked my Molten Destroyer with Deathbone, resulting in MD receiving lethal damage. Deathbone goes to one health with the MD instant damage, and is set ablaze. On my opponent's next turn the ablaze damage kills Deathbone, but we had no idea how resolve Deathbone's text, other than taking it literally. Deathbone's killer was technically my MD, as all damage came from that card's abilities. But my MD was no longer on the table. My opponent, magnanimously, pointed out that he thought Deathbone's effect should just fizzle, resulting in no damage to any card or my hero being dealt.

Was this right?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, Deathbone's effect would then effect the hero who controlled Molten Destroyer. Molten Destroyer's Ablaze belongs to its controller once MD is no longer on the field, thus your hero takes the damage when Ablaze kills Deathbone.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 10-01-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel