Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know I'm late to the conversation here, but I view "win-more" cards more as "win secured." While I agree it doesn't make for good decks, it does make for some fun decks. Getting to make a big play is massively fun for a lot of people. The ability to play 5 games on only get 1 win on your super combo, and yet walk away happy, is fun to some people. Not everything has to revolve around a meta or competitive play. Just because a card isn't competitively viable, doesn't mean its a bad card. Its just not a competitive one.

After reading the conversation, I felt that needed to be said some where.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are a few Timmys out there by the sound of it

The thing with a 7cc card is that it needs to give some immediate benefit in order to be viable, given that it may be removed on the opponents turn. KP does that (given you have a couple allies down).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TJ FarqTheOrc - killer of gnomes.

Who needs mulligans when you always draw a good hand?

--== Team Juggernauts ==--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post

Horribly!
    Plz clarify what you mean that it will backfire

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I know I'm late to the conversation here, but I view "win-more" cards more as "win secured." While I agree it doesn't make for good decks, it does make for some fun decks. Getting to make a big play is massively fun for a lot of people. The ability to play 5 games on only get 1 win on your super combo, and yet walk away happy, is fun to some people. Not everything has to revolve around a meta or competitive play. Just because a card isn't competitively viable, doesn't mean its a bad card. Its just not a competitive one.

After reading the conversation, I felt that needed to be said some where.
    I think the thing is that it's really hard to play 5cc or 6cc allies on a contested board (unless you play Lance but eh) because they can just outright die and give a massive amount of tempo away.

From personal experience I very rarely play a 5cc or 6cc ally to a contested board. If I get an advantage, I do play it because even if my opponent kills it, he will suffer elsewhere, usually running out of cards while killing that ally. If I'm behind, I will probably never play a 5cc or 6cc ally (MD and SK can go but probably not) before I get the board evened out.

Talking about combos... I still want some mad Heart of the Cards combos in this game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    Plz clarify what you mean that it will backfire
    He could mean it from several different points, but knowing him it will "backfire" by either sending Baduruu flying or exploding everything because its a rocket or something like that.

Or it could just be OP who knows.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do not necessarily agree with the idea that high cost cards are "win-more" cards. I've played plenty of games where I have tentative control of the board with maybe a gargoyle and DMT and my opponent drops an Aeon. It immediately creates a problem for me and allows my opponent to quickly turn the tables around if I can't get rid of him. Or situations where I might have 2 or 3 allies on board against a single sandworm. Out comes a KP and possibly a kris and suddenly my opponent can take back control even if I get a chance to destroy that KP the next turn.

Used at the right situations, high cost cards can be used to turn back a pending defeat.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    That's true. If it doesn't work now, how is it going to work when the fatties are so much better? Even now you only occasionally get a rush-kill but more often than not you won't. T5-6 kill isn't really possible.
    Yeah, rush got nerfed in 1.5, but the problem is that if it was viable there was nothing but rush in QM.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Yeah, rush got nerfed in 1.5, but the problem is that if it was viable there was nothing but rush in QM.
    As far as I know it still kinda is only rush in the QM (not like 100% rush but still a lot of damn rush) even though it really doesn't work.

But yeah, might be that way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    As far as I know it still kinda is only rush in the QM (not like 100% rush but still a lot of damn rush) even though it really doesn't work.

But yeah, might be that way.
    Well, it's understandable because ppl play for rank and rush is time efficient, imagine though if it was viable...
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.