Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

unexplainable loss

I was given a defeat tonight when my opponent failed to make a move. I was leading in the game, and my opponent apparently timed out, but I was given the loss. I when back and check the game, and that is exactly what happened. Can anybody explain that? The game was HYSLOPO vs JIMSH
    Last edited by jimsh; 09-30-2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: added text

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi, welcome to the forums! We already have a ton of threads like this. Please check before posting threads like this. One such relevant thread can be found here:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?t=18853
    Unofficial Hall of Shame Thread..... Glitchers and Sore Losers
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i had no idea this was a problem and would not have even known where to look for a thread like this. I just don't see the point in cheating...it's a game and as far as I know nobody's getting paid for winning games. I just thought it was some kind of computer error.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsh View Post
    i had no idea this was a problem and would not have even known where to look for a thread like this. I just don't see the point in cheating...it's a game and as far as I know nobody's getting paid for winning games. I just thought it was some kind of computer error.
    THIS.

The forums (fora?) are not all that straightforward or easy to use. The SE crew seem to have their own ideas about which reports should be filed where, but these ideas are colerely opaque to the general public. The SE moderators seem to have made this worse by referring people to old threads, and also referring to threads that, themselves pass the buck to other threads.

You guys want to hire an expert in semantics and logic, who also happens to be an excellent all-around communicator.

It doesn't really help when you seem to shut people down for making a report, nor when you fail utterly to respond to communication through support@shadowera.com

We (the players) may not know who or what is causing the problems we see. You shouldn't assume that we share your inside view.

- a player

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    THIS.

The forums (fora?) are not all that straightforward or easy to use. The SE crew seem to have their own ideas about which reports should be filed where, but these ideas are colerely opaque to the general public. The SE moderators seem to have made this worse by referring people to old threads, and also referring to threads that, themselves pass the buck to other threads.

You guys want to hire an expert in semantics and logic, who also happens to be an excellent all-around communicator.

It doesn't really help when you seem to shut people down for making a report, nor when you fail utterly to respond to communication through support@shadowera.com

We (the players) may not know who or what is causing the problems we see. You shouldn't assume that we share your inside view.

- a player
    Sounds like we mods just can't win.

We've been referring people back to an official response thread as well as a thread where the issue can be discussed. The thread GS linked to is pretty old and probably wasn't the best thread to link too.

Official Response
    New Discussion Thread

I'll probably see if its alright to make an official topic, class is about to start (got in early ) so I'll do that when its over. For now, I'm going to lock this like the rest. Sorry for any inconveniences.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 10-05-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel