Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Popping in to say thank you for answering the questions. Just wanted to ensure that I understood everything before responding.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Danae has a good idea of what to post when locking threads
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you GS for bringing this up.

Just on the side note, regarding the hacker/cheat/bug threads, sorting them out and locking them in the forums is good, but has anything changed in live server? Anything done to reduce these bugs? Any "Cases" open and investigated?

Maybe the fact that there are so many "annoying threads" popping up on the forums shows that its rampant? So far (correct me if I am wrong) not many replies from the team saying "We are rectififying this problem, pending investigation under Case #324 (for example)"

I think many of the people just wanting an assurance that something is being done out there.

Sorry if I offended anyone, not at all my intention.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thank you GS for bringing this up. <br />
    <br />
    Just on the side note, regarding the hacker/cheat/bug threads, sorting them out and locking them in the forums is good, but has anything changed in live server? Anything done to reduce these bugs? Any &quot;Cases&quot; open and investigated? <br />
    <br />
    Maybe the fact that there are so many &quot;annoying threads&quot; popping up on the forums shows that its rampant? So far (correct me if I am wrong) not many replies from the team saying &quot;We are rectififying this problem, pending investigation under Case #324 (for example)&quot;<br />
    <br />
    I think many of the people just wanting an assurance that something is being done out there. <br />
    <br />
    Sorry if I offended anyone, not at all my intention.
    Should post that in the semi official thread Danae is referring everyone to.

An official response would be nice, but Wulven doesn't have a good track record of doing that. They really need a PR guy specifically dedicated to addressing issues and complications. Just appearing on the ball helps. (Hint kyle!)

In addition, there may not be anything Wulven CAN do. The occurrence of issues may be rising, but the player base is also rising.

So in summary, the percentage of issues may actually be the same, they just appear to be happening more often because there are more customers who are complaining.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Should post that in the semi official thread Danae is referring everyone to.

An official response would be nice, but Wulven doesn't have a good track record of doing that. They really need a PR guy specifically dedicated to addressing issues and complications. Just appearing on the ball helps. (Hint kyle!)

In addition, there may not be anything Wulven CAN do. The occurrence of issues may be rising, but the player base is also rising.

So in summary, the percentage of issues may actually be the same, they just appear to be happening more often because there are more customers who are complaining.
    Totally agreed with the PR guy part.
    You might be right about the percentage part, but it certainly affect quite a number of players with their experiences of the game, and with probably more than 80% of the players out there only involved in QM and not organized play, they certainly play a huge part in SE.
    Just with the a small percentage of them involved in forums and already we are receiving quite a number of complaints, imagine the number of silent cries out there, each day frustrated and swearing at their virtual opponents or even the game because of this "injustice" (at least thats how they felt on their part).
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Let me explain something though:

Let's say shadow era has a player base of 100,000 players.

10% come on to forums to get better/chat. That's 1,000 players.

Of those, 10% have started to have issues. 100 players.

Now, EACH player posts their own issue crying hack or cheat or whatnot. That's 100 threads.

So, if 1% of the player base is having issues, how can it be a widespread problem? Yes, it is a frustrating problem and a cause for people to not want to play, but unless it cracks 10% of the player base I doubt Wulven will consider it seriously unless they get 1,000 emails complaining of the exact same thing, from different people.

The reason isn't because Wulven doesn't care. It's because as a company, they can't afford to fix what is a small problem for a small group of players.

Now, I'm just speaking out of my ass here. The numbers cited are most likely way off. In any case, this is pretty off topic. Danae or demnchi, would you mind moving these posts to the main cheat/complaint thread please? That's where this conversation belongs.

PS: if I had real information from Wulven in an official capacity, I would be very happy to help you. But right now? All I can do for you is assume. For all I know, Wulven is working on this issue already and they released a fix a week ago, but apple won't approve the update.
    Last edited by GS; 10-02-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    Signature for rent.