Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Multple Questions About Things I can Think of at Time of Post

First off, let's say Marshland Sentinel uses his ability to bring an opposing ally's base attack to zero, will a Healing Touch reverse this 'negative effect'? My guess is no but I must make sure as I play the physical game with friends with no computer assistance.

On that note, are there any changes made to cards that we should know post-production of physical cards, therefore not accurately represented?

(warning: heavy acronym use. and while on the subject, an open letter to forum frequenters: I frequently am confused while trying to make out certain acronyms in multiple threads, can we try to type out more words please? with love, JoeMan) Next is a question of the amount of turns cards have effect, such as freezing grip which seems to be quite OP IMHO and Portal which I have read explanations for such as the "Next" thread which discusses the accurate tense of the word 'next' in reference to "next three turns" in the Portal description, but my ADHD has disallowed me to grasp the concept completely.

I've posted this next question before, wait no I haven't, that was in my application to Wulven, pretend I deleted this sentence. While the Shard of Power is in play, or the SoP to confuse noobs, one Spark, or S, kills all other friendly sparks in play since it is removing the bonus health that they do not actually have because of the SoP, intentional or glitch? Seems to me that the removing of the bonus health should not kill them if they haven't received it, then again if there are multiple sparks in play and one is damaged and another dies, they would both die since the damaged spark has received and made use of its bonus health, but since the shard limits the health should it count as having made use of it? I just confused myself with that one so good luck. (for that matter I'm also confused about the use of the Bloodstone Altar, or BA, in conjunction with the shard, do they receive the bonus since the shard damages them?)

Next up is something I just remembered which is more of a glitch I believe than card confusion; the Dagger of Unmaking, or DoU, fails to send certain allies a-packing and instead just does one damage. A glitch I assume.

This I could test myself in-game and probably get an answer, but that might take a while so I'll ask, when the Mourneblade, or MB, does not yet have an attack bonus and is at 0 attack, is a durability still wasted when defending against an attacker? I presume that it does but by that (probably flawed) logic wouldn't an ally whose attack has been reduced to 0 be able to attack and do 0 damage in order to simply reduce an item's durability? I assume these are unrelated since one is a hero's item which must be used when able to, and one is an ally that does 0 damage which is therefore presumably unable to attack.

Is warrior training attached to Erika Shadowhunter as useful as I think it is? Have not been able to test this in a game.

Does Selfishness, or Selfishness, prevent Aeon from using his ability, attacking, or be targeted for retreat?

What is love?

I know there are many more questions I have, but I am quite hungover so I will add to this thread as i remember them. Thanks all and non-denominational-deity-of-your-choosing bless you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate your questions and your vigor, but in the future please make a separate topic for each question. That said, let me tackle this mountain you've put in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by joeman8296 View Post
    First off, let's say Marshland Sentinel uses his ability to bring an opposing ally's base attack to zero, will a Healing Touch reverse this 'negative effect'? My guess is no but I must make sure as I play the physical game with friends with no computer assistance.
    Correct, attack reduction is not considered a negative effect.

On that note, are there any changes made to cards that we should know post-production of physical cards, therefore not accurately represented?
    The physical cards and the digital cards are exactly the same. If that ever changes, we'll make sure to let everybody know.

Next is a question of the amount of turns cards have effect, such as freezing grip which seems to be quite OP IMHO and Portal which I have read explanations for such as the "Next" thread which discusses the accurate tense of the word 'next' in reference to "next three turns" in the Portal description, but my ADHD has disallowed me to grasp the concept completely.
    From the Game Rules page list of Key Terms:

'Each Turn' - the start of the card owner's draw phase, or if the card is attached to a target, the target card owner's draw phase

In your example, your freezing grip would affect your opponent's ally for 3 of his turns, and end at the start of the draw phase of your next turn after that

While the Shard of Power is in play, or the SoP to confuse noobs, one Spark, or S, kills all other friendly sparks in play since it is removing the bonus health that they do not actually have because of the SoP, intentional or glitch? Seems to me that the removing of the bonus health should not kill them if they haven't received it, then again if there are multiple sparks in play and one is damaged and another dies, they would both die since the damaged spark has received and made use of its bonus health, but since the shard limits the health should it count as having made use of it? I just confused myself with that one so good luck. (for that matter I'm also confused about the use of the Bloodstone Altar, or BA, in conjunction with the shard, do they receive the bonus since the shard damages them?)
    I am invesitgating this ruling, I should have an official answer by tomorrow.

Next up is something I just remembered which is more of a glitch I believe than card confusion; the Dagger of Unmaking, or DoU, fails to send certain allies a-packing and instead just does one damage. A glitch I assume.
    Can you provide more details about this? Which allies are not being returned?

This I could test myself in-game and probably get an answer, but that might take a while so I'll ask, when the Mourneblade, or MB, does not yet have an attack bonus and is at 0 attack, is a durability still wasted when defending against an attacker? I presume that it does but by that (probably flawed) logic wouldn't an ally whose attack has been reduced to 0 be able to attack and do 0 damage in order to simply reduce an item's durability? I assume these are unrelated since one is a hero's item which must be used when able to, and one is an ally that does 0 damage which is therefore presumably unable to attack.
    A hero cannot defend with a weapon if that weapon has 0 attack, so Mournblade does not lose durability in your example.

Is warrior training attached to Erika Shadowhunter as useful as I think it is? Have not been able to test this in a game.
    That depends heavily on how useful you think it is. It is a powerful combo since Erika with Stealth and Protector would make it impossible for any ally on your field to be attacked, which is very useful.

Does Selfishness, or Selfishness, prevent Aeon from using his ability, attacking, or be targeted for retreat?
    Aeon with Selfishness attached can attack and use his ability as normal. His owner cannot target him with Retreat.

What is love?
    We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

― Dr. Seuss
    Last edited by Orange Hat Guy; 10-01-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I took so long to finish this answer, but the Sparks/SoP is working as intended. They do all die whenever one leaves play while SoP is in effect.