Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rating decay victim 298 to 260 in 1 hour

So I've been busy lately with a newborn, playing occasionally, mainly on my alt account to test new things out without destroying the rating of my main account. I don't browse the forums much due to being very busy. I learn about rating decay too late I guess, my main account went from 314 to 298. Ok I guess, makes sense. But then I play 1 game and lose (due to bad draw yet again) and my rating plummits to the 280's. Another loss due to drawing a full house (great in poker, devastating as an opening hand in SE) and it goes down to the 270's. At this point I'm ready to give up. Two more losses and I'm reaching 250's, all within 1 hour.

I have no more desire to play competitively, leading to 0 motivation to make my decks better, leading to 0 more dollars invested in the game to aquire more cards.

I love this game but now I don't really want to play anymore after being severely punished for losing games. I know the rating system is a joke to most people but it IS nice to have a higher rating to play vs more competitive players. That is not possible for me anymore

I'm not bashing Wulven, just a bummer that things turned out this way. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you win some more games it will likely come back up, as your rating decays the system gets less and less confidence in where it has placed you, and with that lower confidence comes crazy rating changes.
    Team Juggernaut's Boastful Warrior!
    Insert witty comment here, Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wanna try your hand at some of the hardest riddles known to man? See my thread of riddles!
    Wanna see some awesome decks? See my complete deck list! (all heroes)
    Wanna be a Juggernaut? Start by applying for TJX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cheer up! Rating isn't everything. There is still tourney to prove your skills.
    -~- Proud Member of Team Juggernaut -~-

Smashing All Odd,
    Making Miracle..
    Signing Off,
    TJ TheNewbie..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Come on, how many matches have you won to reach your previous rating? You lost 40-50 with very phew losses, I don't think it's common among players with an accurate rating.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I went from 280 to 230 but in few days...u beated me badly with that ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK O______________________________________O

I LOVES YOUR AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You might want to start by changing your forum name

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, only 10 points to lose and you're free from the decay,
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You didn't have to read the forums to know about decay, it is posted when you start the game. Sometimes it's good not to just click right past it like I usually do.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place Maximont's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    so one of your games not that long ago (less than 20 games) you beat someone rated 293 and your rating jumped from 312 to 316. The system obviously already had a lot of uncertainty about your rating. If you have played a lot of games this doesn't happen.

You then lose 8 games on the trot and it (correctly) re-rated you. The rating decay has sped up the re-rating but it is not the cause of it.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I think this is just an example of the rating system (including the decay functionality) doing its job. If you want to play against people of higher rating then you need to consistently beat people of lower rating.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximont View Post
    so one of your games not that long ago (less than 20 games) you beat someone rated 293 and your rating jumped from 312 to 316. The system obviously already had a lot of uncertainty about your rating. If you have played a lot of games this doesn't happen.

You then lose 8 games on the trot and it (correctly) re-rated you. The rating decay has sped up the re-rating but it is not the cause of it.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I think this is just an example of the rating system (including the decay functionality) doing its job. If you want to play against people of higher rating then you need to consistently beat people of lower rating.
    I guess it's "job" is to boot the casual players from the top. When I was in the 300's I beat people that were also in the 300's, but not frequently enough for this rating system. I'm just frustrated because I spent more money on an alt account just so my rating didn't go down testing decks out with my main. Maybe the rating system works in the broad scheme of things but I feel completely shafted and now my gaming experience cannot be regained after spending money to avoid just that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by uptoolayte View Post
    I guess it's "job" is to boot the casual players from the top. When I was in the 300's I beat people that were also in the 300's, but not frequently enough for this rating system. I'm just frustrated because I spent more money on an alt account just so my rating didn't go down testing decks out with my main. Maybe the rating system works in the broad scheme of things but I feel completely shafted and now my gaming experience cannot be regained after spending money to avoid just that.
    I do the other way around: use my main account for testing, tournaments and collecting all cards. And use an alt account for getting a high rating.

I do feel your pain though, it's tough to see all that rating gone in such a short time. Everything you worked for up till then is gone in an eye blink. You must feel betrayed/stolen.