Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Call of the Crystals Card Interaction FAQ

Human Heroes

Boris Skullcrusher – Crystals 1/200

Amber Rain – Crystals 2/200

Q: If I use Amber Rain’s ability on a weapon, does this affect existing bonuses to that weapon?

A: If the bonus is a temporary one, usually phrased as "has +1 attack" then that one can no longer apply. (A temporary effect is continously evaluated throughout the game and applied if permitted; so, Reserve Weapon's passive ability will not work.) If the existing bonus was a gain (for example Reserve Weapon's activated ability) then that will stay, since the gain resolved before Amber's ability was used.

Q: Can I increase the durability of my weapon after using Amber Rain’s ability on it?

A: No, Amber Rain’s ability prevents both attack and durability bonuses from being applied to the weapon in question.

Victor Heartstriker – Crystals 3/200

Q: Can Victor return Hunter-exclusive bows to his hand with his ability?

A: A hero item will not be a valid target with Victor’s ability because it does not have “Hunter” in its card type (For reference, a Soul Seeker is a Hero Item – Weapon, Bow).

Q. Do I have to have a Hunter card in my graveyard in order to activate Victor’s ability?

A. No, the only mandatory part of Victor’s ability is the requirement of an opposing ally to target with it. Simply put, if no Hunter ability exists in your graveyard you won’t get to return a card to your hand but you will still lower an opposing ally to 1 health.

Gwenneth Truesight – Crystals 4/200

Q: Do I lose the bonus durability provided by Gwenneth’s ability at the start of my next turn as well?

A: No, only the bonus attack will be lost. Any bonus durability applied to your weapon will be retained.

Nishaven – Crystals 5/200

Eladwen Frostmire – Crystals 6/200

Q: Does Eladwen’s ability need to do ice damage in order to freeze an ally?

A: No, Eladwen’s ability will freeze an ally for 2 turns regardless of whether or not it inflicted damage against its target.

Jericho Spellbane – Crystals 7/200

Q: Can Jericho use his ability to remove Selfishness from a friendly ally?

A: No, Jericho will be unable to remove Selfishness from an ally because targeting Selfishness requires you to be able to target the attached-ally and Selfishness prevents the attached-ally from being targeted.

Q: When Jericho removes an attachment from a hero or ally, is it considered destroyed?

A: Yes, any instance where an attachment is sent from the field to the graveyard it is considered destroyed.

Zhanna Mist – Crystals 8/200

Lance Shadowstalker – Crystals 9/200

Serena Thoughtripper – Crystals 10/200

Q: If Serena attacks an enemy hero and the combat damage is reduced to 0 (by armor, for example), will her effect still trigger and discard a card from the opponent’s hand?

A: No, her effect will only trigger if at least 1 combat damage is dealt to the opposing hero.

Shadow Heroes

Ter Adun – Crystals 11/200

Q: Can Ter Adun’s ability be used to destroy my own items?

A: Yes, the fact that Ter Adun’s ability does not specify target opposing Item means you will be able to use it on your own items if you so choose.

Logan Stonebreaker – Crystals 12/200

Banebow – Crystals 13/200

Baduruu – Crystals 14/200

Majiya – Crystals 15/200

Gravebone – Crystals 16/200

Darkclaw – Crystals 17/200

Moonstalker – Crystals 18/200

Q: Can I Mind Control an ally that is protected by Moonstalker’s Ability? Will the ally attack Moonstalker?

A: Moonstalker's ability mentions "Moonstalker and allies you control cannot be attacked until your next turn" so as long as its ability is active, it cannot be attacked by a Mind Controlled ally because the Mind Controlled ally can only "attack their Hero if it is able to". However, the second step of Mind Control’s effect will work as intended and kill (deal lethal damage to) the targeted ally.

Elementalis – Crystals 19/200

Zaladar – Crystals 20/200

Human Allies

Jasmine Rosecult – Crystals 21/200

Q: Is Jasmine Rosecult’s ability considered a Negative Effect?

A: Yes, Jasmine’s ability is a negative effect even though it does not have a keyword associated with it. (See the rulebook for more details on Negative Effects.)

Dirk Saber – Crystals 22/200

Sandra Trueblade – Crystals 23/200

Lily Rosecult – Crystals 24/200

Q: Can Lily Rosecult bring traps back to my hand? What about Rain Delay?

A: Lily will be able to recurse traps from your graveyard because they are items, as written in the card type; however, a Rain Delay is a support ability and therefore will not be retrieved via her effect.

Kristoffer Wyld – Crystals 25/200

Puwen Bloodhelm – Crystals 26/200

Birgitte Skullborn – Crystals 27/200

Kurt Whitehelm – Crystals 28/200

Erika Shadowhunter – Crystals 29/200

Blake Windrunner – Crystals 30/200
    Last edited by Orange Hat Guy; 10-02-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: added image links
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101