Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Call of the Crystals Card Interaction FAQ

Human Heroes

Boris Skullcrusher – Crystals 1/200

Amber Rain – Crystals 2/200

Q: If I use Amber Rain’s ability on a weapon, does this affect existing bonuses to that weapon?

A: If the bonus is a temporary one, usually phrased as "has +1 attack" then that one can no longer apply. (A temporary effect is continously evaluated throughout the game and applied if permitted; so, Reserve Weapon's passive ability will not work.) If the existing bonus was a gain (for example Reserve Weapon's activated ability) then that will stay, since the gain resolved before Amber's ability was used.

Q: Can I increase the durability of my weapon after using Amber Rain’s ability on it?

A: No, Amber Rain’s ability prevents both attack and durability bonuses from being applied to the weapon in question.

Victor Heartstriker – Crystals 3/200

Q: Can Victor return Hunter-exclusive bows to his hand with his ability?

A: A hero item will not be a valid target with Victor’s ability because it does not have “Hunter” in its card type (For reference, a Soul Seeker is a Hero Item – Weapon, Bow).

Q. Do I have to have a Hunter card in my graveyard in order to activate Victor’s ability?

A. No, the only mandatory part of Victor’s ability is the requirement of an opposing ally to target with it. Simply put, if no Hunter ability exists in your graveyard you won’t get to return a card to your hand but you will still lower an opposing ally to 1 health.

Gwenneth Truesight – Crystals 4/200

Q: Do I lose the bonus durability provided by Gwenneth’s ability at the start of my next turn as well?

A: No, only the bonus attack will be lost. Any bonus durability applied to your weapon will be retained.

Nishaven – Crystals 5/200

Eladwen Frostmire – Crystals 6/200

Q: Does Eladwen’s ability need to do ice damage in order to freeze an ally?

A: No, Eladwen’s ability will freeze an ally for 2 turns regardless of whether or not it inflicted damage against its target.

Jericho Spellbane – Crystals 7/200

Q: Can Jericho use his ability to remove Selfishness from a friendly ally?

A: No, Jericho will be unable to remove Selfishness from an ally because targeting Selfishness requires you to be able to target the attached-ally and Selfishness prevents the attached-ally from being targeted.

Q: When Jericho removes an attachment from a hero or ally, is it considered destroyed?

A: Yes, any instance where an attachment is sent from the field to the graveyard it is considered destroyed.

Zhanna Mist – Crystals 8/200

Lance Shadowstalker – Crystals 9/200

Serena Thoughtripper – Crystals 10/200

Q: If Serena attacks an enemy hero and the combat damage is reduced to 0 (by armor, for example), will her effect still trigger and discard a card from the opponent’s hand?

A: No, her effect will only trigger if at least 1 combat damage is dealt to the opposing hero.

Shadow Heroes

Ter Adun – Crystals 11/200

Q: Can Ter Adun’s ability be used to destroy my own items?

A: Yes, the fact that Ter Adun’s ability does not specify target opposing Item means you will be able to use it on your own items if you so choose.

Logan Stonebreaker – Crystals 12/200

Banebow – Crystals 13/200

Baduruu – Crystals 14/200

Majiya – Crystals 15/200

Gravebone – Crystals 16/200

Darkclaw – Crystals 17/200

Moonstalker – Crystals 18/200

Q: Can I Mind Control an ally that is protected by Moonstalker’s Ability? Will the ally attack Moonstalker?

A: Moonstalker's ability mentions "Moonstalker and allies you control cannot be attacked until your next turn" so as long as its ability is active, it cannot be attacked by a Mind Controlled ally because the Mind Controlled ally can only "attack their Hero if it is able to". However, the second step of Mind Control’s effect will work as intended and kill (deal lethal damage to) the targeted ally.

Elementalis – Crystals 19/200

Zaladar – Crystals 20/200

Human Allies

Jasmine Rosecult – Crystals 21/200

Q: Is Jasmine Rosecult’s ability considered a Negative Effect?

A: Yes, Jasmine’s ability is a negative effect even though it does not have a keyword associated with it. (See the rulebook for more details on Negative Effects.)

Dirk Saber – Crystals 22/200

Sandra Trueblade – Crystals 23/200

Lily Rosecult – Crystals 24/200

Q: Can Lily Rosecult bring traps back to my hand? What about Rain Delay?

A: Lily will be able to recurse traps from your graveyard because they are items, as written in the card type; however, a Rain Delay is a support ability and therefore will not be retrieved via her effect.

Kristoffer Wyld – Crystals 25/200

Puwen Bloodhelm – Crystals 26/200

Birgitte Skullborn – Crystals 27/200

Kurt Whitehelm – Crystals 28/200

Erika Shadowhunter – Crystals 29/200

Blake Windrunner – Crystals 30/200
    Last edited by Orange Hat Guy; 10-02-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: added image links
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Raven Wildheart – Crystals 31/200

Q: When Raven triggers her ability, does it prevent the affected ally from gaining any further attack bonuses? Does it remove previously accumulated attack bonuses?

A: Raven’s ability only affects the base attack of the ally, which starts out as the original attack value of the card and can then be changed throughout the game by cards such as Aeon Stormcaller. Any cards that temporarily change the attack value (e.g. War Banner increases attack by 1 while it is in play) are unaffected by Raven, since those do not change base attack. Note that after Raven deals combat damage to an ally and their base attack is changed to 0, this does not prevent Aeon (or another ability) from later increasing the base attack back up to 1.

Q: When Raven drops an ally's base attack to zero, is that considered a Negative Effect? Will Healing Touch undo it?

A: No, it is not considered a Negative Effect. All changes to stats like attack, cost, health, durability are one-shot changes that happen in an instant, so there is no continuous effect to attempt to counter. To "undo" such a change, you would need to use a card that applies a different stat change, like Aeon's effect which can make an ally gain +1 attack and +1 health.

Aldon the Brave – Crystals 32/200

Zoe Silversmith – Crystals 33/200

Q: Can Zoe’s ability be used to increase the durability of a weapon above its base value?

A: Yes, Zoe’s ability will increase the durability of a weapon above its base value.

Katrin the Shieldmaiden – Crystals 34/200

Priest of the Light – Crystals 35/200

Armored Sandworm – Crystals 36/200

Marshland Sentinel – Crystals 37/200

Tainted Oracle – Crystals 38/200

Earthen Protector – Crystals 39/200

Aeon Stormcaller – Crystals 40/200

Shadow Allies

Deathbone – Crystals 41/200

Q: What happens if my opponent kills Deathbone by using an ability card from our hand?

A: The opposing hero takes 2 damage. In Shadow Era, your hero is considered to be responsible for the cards you play from your hand. Therefore, if something would cause a player to take damage, your hero takes the damage for you.

Keldor – Crystals 42/200

Infernal Gargoyle – Crystals 43/200

Brutalis – Crystals 44/200

Plasma Behemoth – Crystals 45/200

Chimera – Crystals 46/200

Fire Snake – Crystals 47/200

Q: This card seems overpowered, is that intended?

A: Yes.

Belladonna – Crystals 48/200

Bad Wolf – Crystals 49/200

Medusil – Crystals 50/200

Q: Is Medusil’s ability considered a Negative Effect?

A: Yes, Medusil’s ability is a Negative Effect even though it does not have a keyword associated with it. (See the rulebook for more details on Negative Effects.)

Hellsteed – Crystals 51/200

Q: If I have 2 Hellsteeds in play and both have 0 attack, can I attack with one by receiving +1 attack from the other?

A: No, Hellsteed can only assist an already declared attack. Because each Hellsteed has an attack value of 0, it can’t declare an attack itself and will be unable to benefit from the additional Hellsteed.

Q: Does the attack bonus that Hellsteed gives stack?

A: Yes. You can have any number of Hellsteed bonuses active at any given time. The card text does not specify a limit to the number of Hellsteeds on the field. In addition, it is important to note that these bonuses all stack onto the first creature to attack that turn (unless that first creature to attack was a Hellsteed, in which case its bonus is not applied to itself but to the next friendly ally that attacks).

Dark Flayer – Crystals 52/200

Death Mage Thaddeus – Crystals 53/200

Carniboar – Crystals 54/200

Shadow Knight – Crystals 55/200

Cobra Demon – Crystals 56/200

Molten Destroyer – Crystals 57/200

Q: What happens when a Molten Destroyer attacks an opposing Molten Destroyer?

A: Essentially, when a Molten Destroyer attacks the opposing Molten Destroyer it causes a chain reaction of 1 fire damage until one of the Molten Destroyers is killed. The following is a breakdown of how the battle will resolve with two fresh Molten Destroyers (with their original stats):
    1.Molten Destroyer vs Molten Destroyer
    2. 4/5 vs 4/5
    3. First one attacks: 4/5, 4/1
    4. Damage trigger is activated on second MD
    5. First one receives 1 damage: 4/4, 4/1
    6. Damage trigger is activated on first MD
    7. Second one receives 1 damage: 4/4, 4/0
    8. Does the damage trigger on an ally at 0 health but not dead yet? Yes!
    9. First one receives 1 damage: 4/3, 4/0
    10. Damage trigger is activated on first MD: 4/3, 4/0
    11. The second MD is at 0 health already, so he takes 0 more damage, and thus does not trigger the effect.

Brutal Minotaur – Crystals 58/200

Wulven Tracker – Crystals 59/200

Ogloth the Glutton – Crystals 60/200
    Last edited by Orange Hat Guy; 10-02-2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: added image links
    Love and Peace!
    Card Advantage 101

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Warrior Abilities

Valiant Defender – Crystals 61/200

Q: Does Valiant Defender give Stealth to my allies?

A: Not quite, though the effect of the card is similar to the Stealth keyword it is not exactly the same. For example, if an ally were to be immune to the keyword Stealth it would not be immune to the effect of Valiant Defender. Plan around this accordingly!

Reserve Weapon – Crystals 62/200

War Banner – Crystals 63/200

Smashing Blow – Crystals 64/200

Enrage – Crystals 65/200

Q: When Enrage is removed, do I lose the health bonus? What happens if I fall below 0 health on my Hero?

A: When Enrage is removed, the +10 health it has been providing is lost because it was contingent on the attachment remaining attached to your hero. If your health falls below 1 after the attachment is removed you will lose the game immediately.

Warrior Training – Crystals 66/200

Crippling Blow – Crystals 67/200

Rampage – Crystals 68/200

Shield Bash – Crystals 69/200

Blood Frenzy – Crystals 70/200

Mage abilities

Fireball – Crystals 71/200

Freezing Grip – Crystals 72/200

Poison Gas – Crystals 73/200

Q: Does the poison effect from Poison Gas stack with itself or other poison abilities?

A: No, allies and heroes can only have one poison effect at a time. The poison effect will, however, stack with other damage over time effects such as ablaze.

Lightning Strike – Crystals 74/200

Q: May I damage two opposing heroes in a team game?

A: Yes, you may damage up to 2 opposing heroes or allies, so targeting 2 different players is possible.

Engulfing Flames – Crystals 75/200

Q: Does the ablaze effect from Engulfing Flames stack with itself or other ablaze abilities?

A: No, allies and heroes can only have one ablaze effect at a time. The ablaze effect will, however, stack with other damage over time effects such as poison.

Tome of Knowledge – Crystals 76/200

Portal – Crystals 77/200

Q: Does Portal count three turns beginning on the turn I play it, or the next three turns coming up?

A: Portal counts down beginning on the start of the next turn after you play it. So after finishing the turn where Portal is played, you will have two more turns to summon allies with Haste. On the start of your third turn after playing Portal, it will immediately go to the graveyard.

Supernova – Crystals 78/200

Q: What happens when I use a Supernova with 6 health remaining against an opposing hero with 5 health remaining and a Molten Destroyer?

A: According to the "Triggering/Resolving Abilities in Combat" section of the rulebook any "on damage" effects will trigger as soon as damage is dealt. So, when you use Supernova on a Molten Destroyer, the Molten Destroyer will trigger and resolve its effect immediately. This means it doesn't wait for Supernova to finish resolving (where heroes and allies at 0 health are killed) - instead 1 ability damage from Molten Destroyer is applied to the controller of Supernova right away. The damage of Supernova will hit the opposing hero and the Molten Destroyer at the exact same time so Molten Destroyer is essentially triggering as 5 damage is being inflicted on the opposing hero. As a result, the game will end in a draw.

Q: What happens when I use a Supernova with 7 life remaining against an opposing hero with 5 health remaining and a Deathbone?

A: The section "Triggering/Resolving Abilities in Combat" of the rulebook notes that any "on damage" effects will be triggered followed by any "on death" effects. Supernova will trigger and resolve during the “on damage” effects phase. "On death" effects, however, occur just after any "on damage" effects and by this point the opposing hero will already be considered dead as Supernova will have finished resolving so you will win the game.

Arcane Burst – Crystals 79/200

Q: May I damage four opposing heroes in a free-for-all game?

A: Yes, you may damage up to 4 opposing heroes or allies, so this is possible.

Clinging Webs – Crystals 80/200

Hunter Abilities

Aimed Shot – Crystals 81/200

Q: Which cards are Bows?

A: Bows are a specific type of hero weapon. They have the ranged combat icon (bow) as well as the term “bow” listed in their card type. Aimed Shot will only give a bonus to these weapons.

Poison Arrow – Crystals 82/200

Q: Does the poison effect from Poison Arrow stack with itself or other poison abilities?

A: No, allies and heroes can only have one poison effect at a time. The poison effect will, however, stack with other damage over time effects such as ablaze.

Flaming Arrow – Crystals 83/200

Q: Does the ablaze effect from Flaming Arrow stack with itself or other ablaze abilities?

A: No, allies and heroes can only have one ablaze effect at a time. The ablaze effect will, however, stack with other damage over time effects such as poison.

Rapid Fire – Crystals 84/200

Death Trap – Crystals 85/200

Into the Forest – Crystals 86/200

Battle Plans – Crystals 87/200

Q: When I use Battle Plans in the physical card game, should I play with the top card of my deck face up or just peek at the cards privately?

A: Since the opponent is not supposed to see the top card of your deck, you should use the peeking method. This can be done at any time during the game while Battle Plans is in play.

Surprise Attack – Crystals 88/200

Q: If my ally attacks an opposing ally or hero and the combat damage has been reduced to 0, will I draw a card?

A: No, Surprise Attack has to inflict at least 1 combat damage in order for you to draw a card.

Net Trap – Crystals 89/200

Tracking Gear – Crystals 90/200
    Last edited by Orange Hat Guy; 10-02-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Love and Peace!
    Card Advantage 101

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Priest Abilities

Healing Touch – Crystals 91/200

Inner Strength – Crystals 92/200

Tidal Wave – Crystals 93/200

Q: If Tidal Wave is played while I have an Earthen Protector and Tainted Oracle on the field, what happens? Will my Tainted Oracle survive, will I draw 4 cards, or otherwise?

A: In this scenario, Tidal Wave will do lethal damage, thus killing both Earthen Protector and Tainted Oracle at the same time. Tainted Oracle’s effect will trigger and draw you 2 cards, but Earthen Protector will be unable to resurrect Tainted Oracle because it has already been “killed” by Tidal Wave. The cost to activate Earthen Protector’s ability is to kill it and an ally cannot be “killed” twice.

Ice Storm – Crystals 94/200

Focused Prayer – Crystals 95/200

Resurrection – Crystals 96/200

Holy Shield – Crystals 97/200

Q: Will my armor lose durability while Holy Shield is attached to my hero?

A: Yes, even though your hero is immune to damage, your armor will still lose 1 durability for being attacked as normal.

Plague – Crystals 98/200

Smite – Crystals 99/200

Book of Curses – Crystals 100/200

Rogue Abilities

Assassination – Crystals 101/200

Reconnaissance – Crystals 102/200

Throwing Knife – Crystals 103/200

Sorcerous Poison – Crystals 104/200

Q: Does the poison effect from Sorcerous Poison stack with itself or other poison abilities?

A: No, allies and heroes can only be affected by one poison effect at a time. The poison effect will, however, stack with other damage over time effects such as ablaze.

Stop, Thief! – Crystals 105/200

Q: When you generate an extra resource from Stop, Thief! while playing the physical version of the game, where does the extra resource card come from? How is it represented?

A: When Stop, Thief! destroys an Item, that Item goes to the graveyard of its owner. Afterwards, Stop, Thief! goes to the graveyard itself and isn’t used to represent the extra resource. Thus, the resource card is actually an extra card. In the physical game, it is recommended that you use the redeemable code cards that come with every booster pack as an extra resource card (or a spare hero card, if you have no redeemable code cards). In the digital version, the game will automatically create an extra resource card for you.

Assassin’s Cloak – Crystals 106/200

Ill-Gotten Gains – Crystals 107/200

Lay Low – Crystals 108/200

Mugged! – Crystals 109/200

Q: Do I need to disable an opposing ally to draw a card with Mugged!?

A: Yes, disabling an opposing ally is a requirement to play Mugged!. You will only be able to draw a card after using Mugged! on an opposing ally.

Nightshade – Crystals 110/200
    Last edited by Orange Hat Guy; 10-02-2012 at 06:57 PM.
    Love and Peace!
    Card Advantage 101

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Wulven Abilities

Captured Prey – Crystals 111/200

Pack Wolf – Crystals 112/200

Q: If I take control of an opponent’s Pack Wolf, will it provide an attack bonus to other friendly Pack Wolf cards I control?

A: Yes, because the opponent’s Pack Wolf is now under your control, it will be considered friendly and provide an attack bonus to all other Pack Wolf cards you control.

Q: In a team game, will my Pack Wolf gain an attack bonus because of my teammate’s Pack Wolf?

A: Yes, Pack Wolf’s effect applies to all friendly Pack Wolfs. As such, any Pack Wolfs your teammates control will give an attack bonus to Pack Wolfs you control as well.

Now You’re Mine – Crystals 113/200

Speedstrike – Crystals 114/200

What Big Teeth – Crystals 115/200

Q: Why doesn’t What Big Teeth card have durability?

A: This card displays no durability because it effectively has an infinite amount of durability. Basically, it can’t be destroyed as a result of attacking or defending with it. Instead, a card that destroys items or weapons such as Focused Prayer or Smashing Blow will have to be used to destroy What Big Teeth.

Regeneration – Crystals 116/200

Full Moon – Crystals 117/200

Rabid Bite – Crystals 118/200

Q: How should the random effect of Rabid Bite be determined in the physical card environment?

A: An easy way to resolve Rabid Bite’s effect when playing in person is to roll a six sided dice. For example, if there are 3 targets you can choose to assign 2 numbers to each target and then roll. Likewise, if there are 5 targets you can assign each of the 5 targets a number between 1-5 and then have 6 be a re-roll.

Q: Does Rabid Bite have to cause an attack in order to disable the targeted ally?

A: No, the two effects of Rabid Bite are not co-dependent. Basically, either portion of the ability can trigger regardless of the other. So, if the ally has no valid target to attack it will still be disabled, and if the ally can’t be disabled it will still be forced to initiate an attack against a valid target.

Q: When Rabid Bite does cause an opposing ally to attack, does the hero or ally that was attacked defend?

A: Yes, this attack is treated like standard combat.

Lone Wolf – Crystals 119/200

Pack Alpha – Crystals 120/200

Q: Does the ally that Pack Alpha is attached to have to be killed in order for Pack Alpha’s secondary health bonus effect to activate?

A: No. The effect of Pack Alpha states that the health boost activates when Pack Alpha is destroyed, not the ally it is attached to. Pack Alpha will be considered destroyed if it is sent from the field to the graveyard by any means. This means you can kill the ally it is attached to, remove the attachment from the ally, or remove the ally from the field to cause Pack Alpha to be destroyed.

Elemental Abilities

Energy Discharge – Crystals 121/200

Conversion – Crystals 122/200

Soul Reaper – Crystals 123/200

Spark – Crystals 124/200

Q: If I take control of an opponent’s Spark, will it provide an attack bonus to other Sparks I control?

A: Yes, because the opponent’s Spark is now under your control it will be considered friendly and provide an attack bonus to all other Sparks you control.

Q: In a team game, will my Spark gain an attack bonus because of my teammate’s Spark?

A: Yes, Spark’s effect applies to all friendly Sparks. As such, any Sparks your teammates control will give an attack bonus to Sparks you control as well.

Transference – Crystals 125/200

Q: Am I able to activate Transference if my opponent’s deck is empty?

A: Yes, because your opponent’s deck is empty you will not get a card from the effect but you will cause the opponent to take 1 damage because a card was unable to be drawn from their deck.

Mind Control – Crystals 126/200

Q: If I use Mind Control on an opposing ally, and it gets hit by the enemy hero’s Dagger of Unmaking, what happens?

A: Mind control’s effect reads “Target opposing ally attacks his hero if he is able to, and then is killed.” This can be broken down into two separate effects:
    1.Target opposing ally attacks his hero if able
    2.The opposing ally is then killed

For example, if an undamaged Plasma Behemoth is targeted by Mind Control then it will attack its hero, take damage from Dagger of Unmaking, and then Dagger of Unmaking’s effect will trigger causing Plasma Behemoth to go back to its owner's hand. Mind Control’s second effect will then attempt to kill the Plasma Behemoth but will have no effect because the ally is no longer in play and has been returned to the hand.

Essentially, Dagger of Unmaking will trigger and resolve during the first portion of Mind Control’s effect. Remember, Shadow Era does not have a “stack” or “chain” like other card games. This is because Shadow Era has no cards which can be activated manually during your opponent’s turn.

Feedback – Crystals 127/200

Shard of Power – Crystals 128/200

Q: Why is the effect of Shard of Power considered damage? Isn’t it just reducing my maximum health?

A: Basically, when Shard of Power reduces an ally's maximum health to 1 it also damages that ally down to 1 as well (so you don't end up with 4/1 health, for instance). The fact Shard causes damage becomes relevant when you have an ally with an "on damage" ability such as Molten Destroyer that can and will trigger its ability in this situation. Note that while damage has been received to get down to 1 health, once the current health and maximum health are 1 then the ally is considered currently undamaged, which means that cards like Bloodstone Altar will not given a bonus to that ally.

Life Infusion – Crystals 129/200

Eternal Renewal – Crystals 130/200
    Last edited by Orange Hat Guy; 10-02-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Human Abilities

Cover of Night – Crystals 131/200

Retreat! – Crystals 132/200

Reinforced Armor – Crystals 133/200

Special Delivery – Crystals 134/200

Campfire Stories – Crystals 135/200

Good Ascendant – Crystals 136/200

Radiant Sunlight – Crystals 137/200

Q: Can I use this card when my opponent’s hero has one shadow energy?

A: Yes. Though the card will reduce a maximum of 2 shadow energy from the opposing hero, it is not a requirement to activate the card’s effect. If the hero only has one shadow energy then they will lose only one shadow energy.

Shrine of Negatia – Crystals 138/200

Poor Quality – Crystals 139/200

Q: Can I attach Poor Quality to my own weapons and armor?

A: No, Poor Quality requires you to attach it to an enemy weapon or armor.

Honored Dead – Crystals 140/200

Q: If I can’t draw 2 cards from my deck, does the life gain effect still take place?

A: Yes, the life gain will still take place. However, if you are unable to draw due to a lack of cards left in your deck then the healing will be rendered irrelevant because you will take 2 damage for being unable to draw 2 cards from your deck.

Q: If I am currently at maximum health, may I still gain the health bonus?

A: Yes, Honored Dead states that you gain two health as opposed to healing two health. If the card provided healing, you would not be able to gain above your max HP in this instance. However, health gain increases both your current and maximum health so Honored Dead will work while your hero is at full health.

Shadow Abilities

Bloodlust – Crystals 141/200

Here Be Monsters – Crystals 142/200

Q: Can I still draw a card if my opponent does not have resources greater than or equal to mine?

A: Yes, the first portion of Here Be Monsters’ effect is not mandatory and will occur only if the specific condition is fulfilled. The card draw, however, is unconditional and will occur every time the card is played.

Shadowspawn – Crystals 143/200

Shriek of Vengeance – Crystals 144/200

Evil Ascendant – Crystals 145/200

Bloodstone Altar – Crystals 146/200

Selfishness – Crystals 147/200

Acid Jet – Crystals 148/200

Shadow Font – Crystals 149/200

Sacrificial Lamb – Crystals 150/200

Neutral Abilities

Rain Delay – Crystals 151/200

Drain Power – Crystals 152/200

Urgent Business – Crystals 153/200

Extra Sharp – Crystals 154/200

Bazaar – Crystals 155/200

Sever Ties – Crystals 156/200

Q: Can Sever Ties be used to remove Selfishness from a friendly ally?

A: No, in order to remove Selfishness from the ally in question, you would have to be able to target the friendly ally. Selfishness, however, does not let you target the affected ally, so it will protect itself from being removed by Sever Ties.

Bad Santa – Crystals 157/200

Master Smith – Crystals 158/200

Melt Down – Crystals 159/200

Q: Can Melt Down be used on a Rain Delay? What about a trap?

A: No, Melt Down cannot be used on Rain Delay, because Melt Down can only be used on items. Conversely, because traps are items, they will be a valid target for use with Melt Down.

Ley Line Nexus – Crystals 160/200

Q: Can I still draw a card if the opponent has no items with a cost of 5 resources or more?

A: No, Ley Line Nexus’ item destruction effect is mandatory effect that must be met in order to activate the card.
    Last edited by Orange Hat Guy; 10-02-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hero Armor

Nova Infusion – Crystals 161/200

Snow Sapphire – Crystals 162/200

Violet Thunderstorm – Crystals 163/200

Armor of Ages – Crystals 164/200

The King’s Pride – Crystals 165/200

Night Prowler – Crystals 166/200

Wrath of the Forest – Crystals 167/200

Crimson Vest – Crystals 168/200

Gravedigger’s Cloak – Crystals 169/200

Q: Can my hero spend Shadow Energy on Gravedigger’s Cloak’s ability while my hero is exhausted?

A: Yes, when spending shadow energy to activate a weapon or armor ability, it does not matter if you hero is exhausted; the shadow energy will be taken from you hero’s shadow energy reserve as normal. Instead, when you activate an ability on a weapon or armor, it is the weapon's ability that becomes exhausted, just like any other activated ability on a card that you activate. Note that you can still attack with an exhausted weapon, so long as your hero is not exhausted (and not prevented from attacking by other cards.)

Cobraskin Wraps – Crystals 170/200

Black Garb – Crystals 171/200

Dome of Energy – Crystals 172/200

Plate Armor – Crystals 173/200

Q: Can my hero spend Shadow Energy on Plate Armor’s ability while it is exhausted?

A: Yes, when spending shadow energy to activate a weapon or armor ability the hero does not need to be ready. Instead, it is the weapon or armor that needs to be exhausted when it is activated. The shadow energy will be taken from you hero’s shadow energy reserve as normal.

Moonlight Bracers – Crystals 174/200

Mocking Armor – Crystals 175/200

Legion United – Crystals 176/200

Twice Enchanted Robe – Crystals 177/200

Shadow Armor – Crystals 178/200

Crescendo – Crystals 179/200

Spelleater Bands - Crystals 180/200
    Last edited by Orange Hat Guy; 10-02-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hero Weapons

Mournblade – Crystals 181/200

Dimension Ripper – Crystals 182/200

Q: If someone makes one of my own allies attack my hero (through Mind Control or Rabid Bite, for example), and combat damage is dealt by my Dimension Ripper, are any cards drawn and, if so, where from?

A: Since there is only one player in combat (you) then there is no "other player" in combat to have a card drawn from, so no card draw takes place.

Note: The digital game currently (as of v1.603) does not behave like this (both players get a card from each other), so this will be fixed in a future version.

Berserker’s Edge – Crystals 183/200

Jeweler’s Dream – Crystals 184/200

Soul Seeker – Crystals 185/200

Guardian’s Oath – Crystals 186/200

Beetle Demon Bow – Crystals 187/200

Q: Can my hero spend Shadow Energy on Beetle Demon Bow’s ability while it is exhausted?

A: Yes, when spending shadow energy to activate a weapon or armor ability the hero does not need to be ready. Instead, it is the weapon or armor that needs to be exhausted when it is activated. The shadow energy will be taken from you hero’s shadow energy reserve as normal.

Q: When Beetle Demon Bow is transformed into an ally, does it still count as a weapon?

A: No, Beetle Demon Bow is considered an ally after it has activated its ability. This means it will lose all its effect text, be immune to item destruction effects, and vulnerable to ally removal effects.

Rusty Longsword – Crystals 188/200

Q: Can playing Rusty Longsword cause me to lose if I have only one HP left?

A: Yes, Rusty Longsword will show you no mercy.

Wrath of Summer – Crystals 189/200

Q: Can my hero spend Shadow Energy on Wrath of Summer’s ability while it is exhausted?

Voice of Winter – Crystals 190/200

Wooden Staff – Crystals 191/200

Sliver of Shadow – Crystals 192/200

Q: Can this weapon be played if you have 0 Shadow Energy on your hero?

A: Yes, the loss of 1 Shadow Energy is part of the cards effect, not a cost to play the card.

Wizent’s Staff – Crystals 193/200

Q: Can my hero spend Shadow Energy on Wizent’s Staff’s ability while it is exhausted?

Golden Katar – Crystals 194/200

Ghostmaker – Crystals 195/200

Q: Can allies returned with Ghostmaker be healed?

A: No. Only damage that has been taken can be healed and all sources of damage explicitly mention damage. Since this card does not mention damage at all, and just overrides the health written on the card, it's not damage and can't be healed.

Old Iron Dagger – Crystals 196/200

Uprooted Tree – Crystals 197/200

Anklebreaker – Crystals 198/200

Fangs of the Predator – Crystals 199/200

Q: Does this weapon give +1 bonus attack to all my allies when it kills an opposing ally in combat?

A: No, Fangs of the Predator only provides +1 bonus attack to allies that are of the “Wulven” sub-type, such as Bad Wolf or Pack Alpha, which is denoted on those cards.

Dagger of Unmaking – Crystals 200/200

Q: If Dagger of Unmaking inflicts 0 combat damage to an ally, what happens?

A: Dagger of Unmaking only returns an ally to the hand of its owner if combat damage of 1 or more is taken by that ally. So, in the case of 0 inflicted combat damage, it will have no effect.
    Last edited by Gondorian; 10-10-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Added Dimension Ripper ruling

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    New ruling added:

Q: If someone makes one of my own allies attack my hero (through Mind Control or Rabid Bite, for example), and combat damage is dealt by my Dimension Ripper, are any cards drawn and, if so, where from?

A: Since there is only one player in combat (you) then there is no "other player" in combat to have a card drawn from, so no card draw takes place.

Note: The digital game currently (as of v1.603) does not behave like this (both players get a card from each other), so this will be fixed in a future version.