Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Loss/ win conditions after enemy leaves

Dear all, 2 of my recent games were defeats when i had a clear game advantage. In one game (Deztiny versus eigroej) I was one step away from the kill with mayor card and hp advantage. eigroej just did nothing (timeout) and the game tells me I was defeated.
    Second game (beshda versus Deztiny) has a similar case, I get aeon + protector on the board and kind of own him (OK, game was far from over, but advantage in cards on board + HP was clear (also more resources on my side). Again, beshda just times out and I get a defeat screen.

I have fun playing the game and just working with a new adaptation of my old priest deck which seems to work well, but it's no fun when I get auto-losses.

Can any wulven games rep. help me out and maybe correct the (undeserved) losses OR please explain to me why these were losses.

I'm trying to get out of the 230ish ratings, with good decks, but these kind of losses don't help at all and are a NPE (i recall a thread on that).

PS/Disclaimer. This is my first post here because I got really annoyed about this, but Deztiny is not an alt of some other forum player (I dont have alts). I just read the forum alot (check my IP versus other IPs on the board if this statement is not trusted). I'm not trying to get some rating over playing alts and dropping out either, that would just be lame (again plz check these players IPs if possible to confirm if there is doubt about that).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's a bug.

The other players usually give up and quit the game.

But instead of you getting the win, the server didn't register that the player left. And you literally timed out.

I have it many times. I sorta just accepted the fact that it's a bug. *shrug*
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi and welcome, sad to see you need a reason to complain to register on the forum, but well, welcome,

Are you playing with wifi? The more informations you give the more helpful it is.

There's curently some issues with connection to the server sometimes it's because of the players internet connection, sometimes it's somewhere between the server and the players. I use my main account via wifi only or 3G and had no problem to reach over 300 rating, but use my alts accounts when i don't have 3G and got lots of these issues, but still manage to get over 250 rating with these, so don't give up, you can lose some but your rating will increase the more you play, just beat higher rated players. And when i lose a game i won because of this strange disconnection, i just enjoy it as a win, ratings are good only to be matched with players of the same skill as yours, even if you lose 10 points you'll still be in the same gap.

And if you read often the forum, you know there are many tournaments organized by guilds, now that you have an account on the forum, try it, it's great and you'll see why we say ratings doesn't matter.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with atomzed. It's the main reason that the ratings are completely worthless. I just move on knowing that I won, and that even if the server did recognize my win, my opponent was most likely 97 ranks below me, so it wouldn't do any good anyway.
    Enlisted to Endure's "Bullet Stopper"

Human Hero

(1SE): Lose target tournament.

"This is so much fu.... Crap... I lost."

E-Mail______Twitter______YouTube

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    It's a bug.

The other players usually give up and quit the game.

But instead of you getting the win, the server didn't register that the player left. And you literally timed out.

I have it many times. I sorta just accepted the fact that it's a bug. *shrug*
    Huh? Why do you say "the other players give up and quit"?

Every games where the game sticks on my opponents' sac, i asked them what they were doing and replyed they were waiting and it was my turn, then, i asked for a "draw" but hafl of them just shit on me when i was going to blow them away next turn. Now i just wait, it doesn't matter, the rating they stole me will be lost in few games, and my alt accounts' rating doesn't matter like i said, as long as i play players over 250, it's good.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    Huh? Why do you say "the other players give up and quit"?

Every games where the game sticks on my opponents' sac, i asked them what they were doing and replyed they were waiting and it was my turn, then, i asked for a "draw" but hafl of them just shit on me when i was going to blow them away next turn. Now i just wait, it doesn't matter, the rating they stole me will be lost in few games, and my alt accounts' rating doesn't matter like i said, as long as i play players over 250, it's good.
    I know that they have left the game because I track some of them down (in other QM) and they told me that they have quit the match.

So I presume that they are telling the truth.

And I know that in v1.29 and early parts of v1.5, I have the same kind of "lag" which the other players do not respond to chat and do not do anything. Eventually I will get the victory screen.

The situation is exactly the same as now, except that I don't get the victory screen but a defeat screen instead. Hence my suspicion that somewhere along the connection, something screwed up.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forum!
    ~~nyan :3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh this gives me so much butthurt when you are obviously winning and then BAM- DEFEAT. when i started to play this game couple of days ago I thought it is kinda perfect..but now i can see that this is the main minus

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have screenshot of someone who says he's gonna do it, and then does it:

Here's him saying he's gonna "greeze" after I won't draw with him: http://s12.postimage.org/xn72nji5p/S...8_07_01_PM.png

Here's my loss to him: http://s15.postimage.org/tnzurhfcr/S...8_10_22_PM.png

Things like this should be punishable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The way I see it...

...there are several issues here.

OK, you say the rankings are just numbers. Some people say we have no right to expect our opponent to stay to the bitter end.

Why does the game REWARD quitters? The player who stays in the game is forced to wait three minutes, and then is often handed a loss.

I wrote four times to support@shadowera.com about this, and have yet to see any response.

I have never seen a game hang up while I was losing. I have never quit a game before its legitimate conclusion, so I can't speak to the possibility that I might win more by quitting than by playing.

The way I see it, there exists a contract between two players, with shadowera.com as the mediator. The players are, or should be, honor bound to play out their matches. The mediator should be bound to keep things as fair as possible.

Shadow Era is not living up to its responsibilities, and is losing my respect by ignoring our correspondence regarding this problem.

Does anyone see things differently?

A player