Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

✾Gwen✾ pop up winner

Long time i wanted to share this deck, i already gave it in few threads when someone asked tips for Gwen, i won a pop up with it, i think Busti remember the deck, i'm starting to play with it on QM, so here it is:

Gwen

4 Jasmine
    1 Lily
    3 Aldon
    3 Tainted Oracle
    2 Sandworm
    2 Earthen Protector
    3 Aeon
    3 Poison Arrow
    2 Rapid Fire
    2 Death Trap
    4 Retreat
    2 Bad Santa
    3 Ley Line Nexus
    3 Spelleaters Band
    4 Soul Seeker

42 cards

Jasmine, best 3cc for this deck cause i need her to distract, not only with her ability but also as a 4hp allies to kill.

Lily, i don't like her much, i sac her early game and hope to draw her in late game if my opponent used some destruction item.

Aldon, 4 hp are good enough to summon him T3 if nothing better to do, the +1 attack is always welcome in late game.

Tainted Oracle, usually summoned T4, the best way to draw in this deck. Suicide him if the opponent doesn't want to kill him.

Sandworm, if no Aeon or Earthen Protector show up in your hand this dude is quite good too, good with Gwen's bow to kill fatties, hit with SW first heal with Soul Seeker.

Earthen Protector, best use is with Aeon, fight for board control early with abilities, traps and allies, T5 clear the board with Soul Seeker, T6 summon Aeon, T7 EP+Retreat a fatty and enjoy the combo, . But he is unique, so not worthy to have more than 2 to not end with your hand full of useless allies (that's why Sandworm is here) and i really need it after T7. Works well too with Tainted Oracle.

Aeon, even without EP, he gives you an advantage, that's why i have 3 of them in the deck (even if he is unique)to be sure to have one T6 .

Poison Arrow/Retreat, cheap ability which help you to not be rushed too much in early game and allow the EP+retreat/PA T7

Rapid Fire, only two cause i use bows to help the allies, so an early Rapid Fire goes to the ressource.

Death Trap, good T3, help to keep the board a bit under control to help for T6~T7

Bad Santa, second draw engine, sac it if you have it in starting hand going second, use it T2 if going first (and hope to not see your opponent summoning a 1cc T1, if he does so, think twice before using it T2). As always try to never use Bad Santa when you have 2 ressources remaining, cast it in the begining of a turn if you need something to cast/summon. If you cast it after you did what you wanted you'll only gives your opponent more choice to sac simething useless when he should have sac'ed one of his good card on his turn.

Ley Line Nexus, well obviously to destroy weapon/armor, keep it or sac it depending who you're facing, like keep it vs Hunter and Priest, for the others, sac it if you get it early, you won't really need it to destroy an armor most of the times.

☞Spelleaters Band, usefull vs Mage and Zaladar, Shadow heroes too for Plasma Behemot or Death Mage, but i sac it often except vs Mage.

Soul Seeker, as i said it's more about support than going for the throat, take board control first then finish the opponent's hero with it.

I rarely go over 8 ressources, all the cards you draw after reaching 8 ressources can be usefull, and you don't need to summon/cast tons of stuff per turn.

Flaw: nothing to deal with cheap weapon, ability, and so nearly auto lose vs a good Darclaw.

Any questions are welcome,
    Last edited by kentuequi; 09-23-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol, can a mod move it to the hunter strategy please? I was going to share my Logan, but changed my mind, :P
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Naughty Boy...
    I guess you wanna play the violin as the world burns!
    IGN|theLittleGnome

Rising Sun | join now!

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do remember it
    I question the choice of Spelleater band as those mages and zal are supposedly allready a good matchup ?
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    I do remember it
    I question the choice of Spelleater band as those mages and zal are supposedly allready a good matchup ?
    That's a good question,

1) i think i put 3 SB cause i just made my Serena before making this Gwen (month ago), and these SB are very important for my Serena.

2) i love the card art, :P, seriously.

3) i'm using Majiya most of the time since the last balance, and i know how i can beat a Gwen with Maj, and only SB can save her ass, so if i play Gwen...

But i must say that i'm actually running this deck -3 SB, +1 Tainted Oracle atm.

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @kent,

Have you considered or tested something like this: taking out death traps, -2 retreat, +4 net traps? This gives you a good chance at a play on turn two vs early allies (poison arrow being the other). The three turn disable, guarantees you will get a chance with gwyn ability again, stops SK loops, interrupts tricks Gravebone can do, and a few other issues. You would then have the retreats in mid-game for when the big boys show up and the tempo gain is more in your favor.

Just curious.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre201118 View Post
    @kent,

Have you considered or tested something like this: taking out death traps, -2 retreat, +4 net traps? This gives you a good chance at a play on turn two vs early allies (poison arrow being the other). The three turn disable, guarantees you will get a chance with gwyn ability again, stops SK loops, interrupts tricks Gravebone can do, and a few other issues. You would then have the retreats in mid-game for when the big boys show up and the tempo gain is more in your favor.

Just curious.
    I didn't, but it seems not a bad idea, right now i have little time to play, and use others heros, maybe i'll try this later, i'll let you know, thanks, .

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    I didn't, but it seems not a bad idea, right now i have little time to play, and use others heros, maybe i'll try this later, i'll let you know, thanks, .
    I might give it a try too. I like gwyn just about as much as I do Victor!
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24