Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New to the game and looking for suggestions for Elemental Recursion

Hello all, I have been playing for only two days now and am quite hooked. Started off with a Mage and then after looking thru the card pool, I noticed the combo potential for Elementalis at recursion. Recursion and "Grave Digging" is one of my favorite styles in CCG's so I started plunking together the deck.

After a few challenges and world games, I tuned the deck a bit and it seems to be running well, but there will always be room for improvement and thus seek everyone's advice. So far the deck consists of:

1 x Elementalis
    1 x Plasma Behemoth
    2 x Infernal Gargoyle
    4 x Belladonna
    3 x Energy Discharge
    2 x Conversion
    4 x Spark
    1 x Shard of Power
    2 x Life Infusion
    3 x Eternal Renewal
    4 x Here Be Monsters
    3 x Bazaar

I do apologize in advance as I did construct this deck before I ever went to forums and did not realize the disdain some hold for this type of build, so I do not mean to rub anyone the wrong way.

Things I am noticing so far is that I have success against warrior and wulven decks overall, with mages being a rough spot depending on the level of spell blitz employed. I think I will be removing the shard, as it rarely gets used and is 95 % sacced to the resources depot. I haven't used Mind Control or Transference, or Feedback yet as they seem more on the "Stasis/Control" end of things.

Well, let me know what you think and forgive my rambling, as I am typing this while being beat tired. Thanks in advance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Firstly, a basic of CCG deckbuilding; rather than including a few of many different things, try to decide what the best things are and include multiples of just them. You're already at 30 cards, which is good since you can afford to run light in a deck with recursion like this. Lets find your weak cards:

Shard of Power - Has no place in a deck that isn't some kind of turbo-aggro deck for now. And only 1 of them means it's unlikely to be around when you specifically need it.
    Conversion - You already have Elementalis, so there's no need to pay resources AND lose a card to gain health. And in any case this is a terrible card
    Life Infusion - This is a funny one - it's a decent card but there are so many better ones, and it brings all the standard issues that creature enchantments have in most games (ie - card disadvantage when the creature dies anyway). It's not OMG AWESOME and enchantment style cards have to be to get slots in decks.
    Eternal Renewal - You only need 2. They cycle eachother forever, and only one card in the game (Transference) can stop that (some new ones can too, like the Dimension Blade thingy, but thats so niche its not worth worrying about). You can safely cut this to 2 since even if you lose one to one of the aforementioned freaks, you don't really need to infinitely recurse anyway.

OK, so we've saved you 6 cards. Options now are:

+1 Energy Discharge - great card, 4 is nice but not needed
    +1 Bazaar - you want to guarantee one of these turn 2 if you're committed to running it
    Transference: Great card you may want to try
    Mind Control: Massively gamechanging card, one of the best in the game at times.
    Fire Snakes: Work really well in Elementalis and are kind of synergistic with sparks
    More Plasma Behemoths: These things are your game enders. You can include 4 and toss early ones to the resource pile.
    More Infernal Gargoyles: Solid critter, you could include more

Hope that helps!
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm currently testing this out, finally with some success after lots of tweaking. I'll just give you a hint, at 30 cards it doesn't work. There's something to be said about consistency, but you just don't have enough resources and everything you draw end up being critical stuff you don't want to sacrifice. After padding it up with some optional stuff that could be sacrificed easily I'm doing much better. So far 40 cards seems to be the sweetspot.

Be prepared for super lenghty matches though (30 minutes+) and very annoyed opponents. Even if you lose the matches are really close and fun.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I find with my Zaladar deck that if I play Bazaar, I lose against mage decks. everything else is ok when you use bazaar except mage decks, because they will go crazy with the advantage you give them. same with bad santas and the new equipment that have bad santa like effects.

although this may have changed with the new update, i'm still testing things out.