Close

Threaded View

Asia Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

TJ SalivanthX's Early Bird Pop-Up #3 - 22 September 12:00 GMT+0

Hi guys! This next one is an experiment to see if I have better luck if I run the tournament on a weekend. Same rules as the previous ones, hopefully we sign up enough people by the actual deadline this time! I'll probably be running one more tomorrow, and then evaluating how much success the series had before deciding whether or not to run more of them.

Tournament sponsored by Wulven.

Rules:

1) The tournament is hero locked and deck locked, with all rounds being Bo3.
    2) Join #tournament by 11:50 GMT+0, or you are at risk of having your place given away if enough people have joined #tournament at the proper time. People in #tournament after 11:50 GMT+0 get priority over those who aren't, even if they signed up as a reserve. The pop-up begins at 12:10 GMT+0 if possible.
    3) Game 1 and Game 3 are random. The person who went first game 1 will go second game 2.
    4) In the case of a disconnection, re-game. If one person DC's right before losing or foul play is suspected, inform me. If I decide there was no realistic chance for the person who DC'd to come back, the game will be awarded to the person who didn't DC. If one player DC's multiple times and foul play is suspected, I'll make a judgement call.
    5) Don't be enough of a dick for me to have to make a judgement call via Rule 4.
    6) Match results must be reported in #tournament chat.
    7) Expect the tournament to take about an hour per round. So if we get 8 players, people should be expecting to be available for three hours. It shouldn't take that long, but it might.
    8) If you get a bye Round 1, you must post your hero publicly in #tournament.
    9) I reserve the right to change these rules or add new ones at any time, since I've probably forgot something.

To sign up, simply reply with "I'm in" or an equivalent, and your IGN.

Prizes:

1st: 500 SC's
    2nd: 250 SC's

Priority: Read this!

The tournament will be capped at eight players, and I'll also be accepting reserves. As per Rule 2, if you're in #tournament promptly by 10:50 GMT and someone who entered the tournament earlier than you isn't, you get priority over them for a spot. Priority will be given in the following order:

People in the first 8 signups who are in #tournament at GMT 11:50.
    People in reserve who are in #tournament at GMT 11:50.
    People in the first 8 signups who are in #tournament by GMT 12:10.
    People in reserve who are in #tournament by GMT 12:10.

Any "tie-breakers" will be resolved by sign-up time. Whoever signed up earlier gets priority. I don't want to piss anybody off by taking their spot when they don't understand the rules, so feel free to reply if you don't.

EDIT: Here's the final bracket: http://challonge.com/salivanthearlybird3
    Last edited by Salivanth; 09-22-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    IGN: TJ SalivanthX, changing to TJ Salivanth. Member of Team Juggernauts.

My guides:

How to think in card advantage.

SC's won lifetime: 11,850
    Biggest win: 5,000 SC's. (1st place Crown(14) Meltdown Tourney.)

1st - 1 16-man Pop-Up, 3 8-man Pop-Ups, Crown (14). (7,000 SC's)
    2nd - 1 16-man Pop-Up, 2 8-man Pop-Ups, Randomizer 5. (1,500 SC's)
    3rd/4th - Asia/Oceania Regionals, SE Lower Division Tournament, SamJ's Backyard Brawl #2 (3,350 SC's)