Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Excellent news. I'll be waiting impatiently.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by soothslyr View Post
    We know how patient you all have been and are more than grateful for it.

I can tell you all this. The major reason for the delay us twofold.

1) everything runs through Kyle - although he is the mad genius behind the shadow era universe, he is but one man. Even as a design team, we look to him for approval and implementation. It's a lot to ask from one person.

Why not spread the work around? - he has, and his coders have had trouble with it. He's currently training 8 of his coders to do the exact testing that he does before he implements their code. Side effect,m faster production and releases.

Where are we right now? - most of the coding for EVERYTHING is done. There are still strides that need to be made to get the cards and features up to the highest level of quality for you guys, but having seen where the coders are at personally, I can say that they are not far off.

2) The physical cards - Yes, I know that is a cliche phrase by now, but it is true. Harkwnung back to point one (above), Kyle was going through this alone. The cards was not a tiny venture in the slightest. He had to travel almost continuously to get them produced and shipped to Alliance for weeks.

Speaking of Alliance... - although a big dog in the industry, they have mishandled shadow era in more ways than you guys know. We've sent countless hours, days, and weeks chasing them down for updates and to ensure that our product gets rightfully into our costumers hands. It's been very taxing, and has taken away from development time in ways that no one is happy with.

Where we stand now? - Kyle understands how much time and energy the physical game rightfully requires and has a plan to ensure that it gets that care and attention. What this is going to do, is again allow more time and efficiency in production cycles. The DT and Kyle have spoken about it at length, and are taking these steps as I speak. I cannot say more at the moment, but you'll learn soon enough what we're doing.

Sorry for the long post, but I felt that it was justified in this situation.

This is all kind of good to hear. I'm glad that measures are being taken to ensure smoother releases of future product, because I can count on both hands and feet the number of collectible games I have played because of this very issue. And I'm not interested in owning another dead game.

My question for you is (and please take it with sincerity and not venom.) Why has there been absolutely no spoilers for a product that is "just around the river bend"? I have NEVER seen a TCG neglect to do this, even back in the day when expansions were slated to release every 6 months, there were 2 months of previews. I think subconsciously, us vet TCGers are thinking "yep, we're still 3 months from a release. Better go play another game and hope it doesn't hold our interest longer."
    Enlisted to Endure's "Bullet Stopper"

Human Hero

(1SE): Lose target tournament.

"This is so much fu.... Crap... I lost."

E-Mail______Twitter______YouTube

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If you have ever been in a traffic jam, you will know it is hard to predict when you will reach your destination. Now imagine your car breaking down in that traffic jam and having no idea when the mechanic will arrive or even if your car will be fixed or you will need a new car.

Consider the expansion to be a fleet of cars that are broken down in a traffic jam and they may or may not make it to their destination any time soon. Would you start describing them or what til you know they are on their way to their destination again?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    If you have ever been in a traffic jam, you will know it is hard to predict when you will reach your destination. Now imagine your car breaking down in that traffic jam and having no idea when the mechanic will arrive or even if your car will be fixed or you will need a new car.

Consider the expansion to be a fleet of cars that are broken down in a traffic jam and they may or may not make it to their destination any time soon. Would you start describing them or what til you know they are on their way to their destination again?
    Are you saying that the expansion progress has completely halted until somebody figures something out?

At least we know now, that's a plus.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe have a nice break instead of posting here?
    I tried to by playing my favorite game as I said (my only chance to play SE in 7 days). Then I had trouble clicking the stupidly small menu bar on top of the iPad and got annoyed..

@kent: the same dumb rant that was posted publicly did not get satisfactory replies apart from meltdown progress. Seems you get better replies in public (see soothslyr post).

And quite honestly, I don't care how dumb the epic avatar is, the point is it should be very quick and easy to code, as the iPad menu bar fix should be. Why can't Wulven fix it quickly and release a couple of updates while we wait for other stuff to reassure people that bugs/releases ARE being worked on? Does it REALLY take 8+ coders more than 5 months (!!!!!) to fix either of those issues and release an update? Really?
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I really hope I'm reading this wrong or it was mis-stated. This is exactly how collectible games die.

Human Hero

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneMastaG View Post
    I really hope I'm reading this wrong or it was mis-stated. This is exactly how collectible games die.
    The team of mechanics has arrived and the traffic jam has cleared now though. That's why we begin actual card spoilers on Friday.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The team of mechanics has arrived and the traffic jam has cleared now though. That's why we begin actual card spoilers on Friday.
    That is really good to hear.

Human Hero

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    @kent: the same dumb rant that was posted publicly did not get satisfactory replies apart from meltdown progress. Seems you get better replies in public (see soothslyr post).
    Aww, so, i had to read this long post (i hate you for that)... So, let's see what is said that wasn't said in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by soothslyr View Post
    1) everything runs through Kyle - although he is the mad genius behind the shadow era universe, he is but one man. Even as a design team, we look to him for approval and implementation. It's a lot to ask from one person.
    We already knew it, except for the "why Sooth was hired" (@Kyle, you're truly a genius, i'm a fan of your brightest spirit, the greatest i ever saw, if you have a job for me, i can tell you far more about how i love you each and every day, , jk)

Why not spread the work around? - he has, and his coders have had trouble with it. He's currently training 8 of his coders to do the exact testing that he does before he implements their code. Side effect,m faster production and releases.
    Alright, this is new, coders are coding, i can sleep well tonight. But i would have liked to know their name, age, size, weight, and what do they eat at breakfast, i would be totally reassured. :P

Where are we right now? - *most of the coding for EVERYTHING is done. There are still strides that need to be made to get the cards and features up to the highest level of quality for you guys, but having seen where the coders are at personally, I can say that they are not far off.
    No comment, we are in PFG, we know better than everyone else about this.

2) The physical cards - Yes, I know that is a cliche phrase by now, but it is true. Harkwnung back to point one (above), Kyle was going through this alone. The cards was not a tiny venture in the slightest. He had to travel almost continuously to get them produced and shipped to Alliance for weeks.
    Heck no need to be in PFG to know that, and if you're too lazy to search for where it was already said lots of times, i'm too lazy to search it for you. A tip: Check AnAdolt replies to all the complaints.

Speaking of Alliance... *- *although a big dog in the industry, they have mishandled shadow era in more ways than you guys know. We've sent countless hours, days, and weeks chasing them down for updates and to ensure that our product gets rightfully into our costumers hands. It's been very taxing, and has taken away from development time in ways that no one is happy with.
    Heck no need to be in PFG to know that, and if you're too lazy to search for where it was already said lots of times, i'm too lazy to search it for you. A tip: Check AnAdolt replies to all the complaints.. (déjà vu? Somebody?)

Where we stand now? - Kyle understands how much time and energy the physical game rightfully requires and has a plan to ensure that it gets that care and attention. What this is going to do, is again allow more time and efficiency in production cycles. The DT and Kyle have spoken about it at length, and are taking these steps as I speak. I cannot say more at the moment, but you'll learn soon enough what we're doing.
    So Kyle is a genius, learns from his little mistake, and is working to make the game more successful, so what's new? Kyle is the best obviously (remember me when you need somebody for a job, )

Sorry for the long post,
    Yeah.
    So, Dear Wtzky, i can be wrong, but i don't see so much new revelant stuff. You just make the thing harder for them, and they end spending time to make long post telling what we already know, to make people happy. Hopefully that works.

And, btw, the most revelant rant is still unanswered, what about iThing fix?
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It turns out that the fix for small menu on ipad3 is pretty hard. That's why it has not been done. In the grand scheme of things, spending time on that would not be in the best interest of the game.

The focus is on Meltdown, tournament queues, booster draft and the expansion.