Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I think separate terms for the abilites of cards in play and the card type ability would be good. It feels so odd to call both of them "ability." It's well distinguished in both Magic and WoW TCG: Magic uses the terms ability and sorcery/instant, while WoW TCG uses power and ability, respectively.
    I agree this is very confusing, and I hope it is fixed in some way.

Worse case scenario, we refer to one as "ability cards" and the other as "the card's ability".

Unfortunately, we're going to get some horrible sounding scenarios where we start talking about "the ability card's ability." I hope this word choice is worked out....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thirded. If someone mentions "hero ability" it can be confused between the card type and a hero card's ability.

Anyways, after finally reading the rules, I was wondering if there was a bug with how exhaustion works. I presumed that once an ally is exhausted, either from summoning or attacking, the status isn't lifted until the beginning of the owner's next turn. However, currently, exhaustion on any ally is lifted at the start of any player's turn. Or is my thinking too MtG-minded when this is SE?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Anyways, after finally reading the rules, I was wondering if there was a bug with how exhaustion works. I presumed that once an ally is exhausted, either from summoning or attacking, the status isn't lifted until the beginning of the owner's next turn. However, currently, exhaustion on any ally is lifted at the start of any player's turn. Or is my thinking too MtG-minded when this is SE?
    Well, it doesn't really matter since you can't take any actions during your opponent's turn.

I can see a potential restriction to card design, however. For example, you can't have a card that deals increased damage to exhausted allies if they ready when it becomes your turn. Well, I guess you could, just that it would never deal increased damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I should've been more clear; that was what I was thinking of when writing that. Human hero Gwenneth Truesight currently is affected by this. Not that big deal though, considering there's no weapons for her to use anyways.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is no definition of unique cards (Aldon only at the moment) Does this mean there can only be one on the field at a time or only on on your side? How does this effect mind control? I would also suggest adding some kind of indicator to the card to let you know it is unique.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi I am new here and am pretty impressed with the way the game has been made so far. I am a M:tG player and as such I will try not to make is show as much ><. I believe that there are A LOT of rough edges to be worked on, namely on balance. And I am already bracing myself for possible flaming but I am just voicing my opinion, nothing more.

For instance Eladwen Frostmire is OP. For her ability it should be at least 4 turns or 5 till a player can use her ability. As it is right now @ turn 3 she can kill pretty much ANY ally in play. It is pretty broken IMHO Also Gravebone. 2 turns to return a dead ally? Lol that makes me laugh. Knowing that right now the meta game uses stuff that is 1-3 resources and using 2 turns to get your dead ally that you can recast right away is pretty imbalanced. Also Hunters are, as it stands, useless. Well perhaps not Banebow but the human heroes are completely useless until they get weapons. (I know they are in development so I am anticipating good stuff coming out of this. ). And Wolven heroes have What big Teeth, the only card that allows a hero to attack outright. We need more cards that allow ALL heroes to attack.

Generally Mage spells are too powerful. How can you spend 3-4 resources and pretty much kill 3-4 allies? Split damage is good but make cards like Lightning Strike make TOTAL of however-much damage any way the player chooses.

Humans do not have any ally costing 1 resource and shadows do. Why is that? The 1 resource spell that prevents your hero from being attacked is not the same thing (Into the Forest). Perhaps a 1 resource 1/1 or 2/1 or 1/2 like Fire Snake.

Stuff like Enrage or Crippling blow, what I call enchantments, that give a big advantage for relatively low cost are imbalanced IMO. And cards like Tracking and Careful planning are useless right now if we cannot somehow strip cards off our opponent's hand or something (also a good card design). Hope there will be some adjustments sometime in the near future.

The segregation of class and faction is also pretty gimping. It would be WAY better for everyone of we could use ANY card we want in our decks. Anakin Skywalker going to the dark side anyone? It would open the game up A LOT.

OK before this post becomes any more rant >< and a wall of text I will cut it off here. But otherwise so far it is pretty good.

Cheers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    The segregation of class and faction is also pretty gimping. It would be WAY better for everyone of we could use ANY card we want in our decks. Anakin Skywalker going to the dark side anyone? It would open the game up A LOT.
    Using Star Wars as your go to reference for that probably wasn't the best, since SWCCG had dark and light side segregated as well.

I think a Hero that could play cards from the opposite side could be neat. (Maybe only certain cards, or only allies, or something.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Sorter Yeah, Gravebone is OP, too many people are focused on Eladwen to realize it. Next update, coming in about a week, will have 10 weapons implemented, amongst other things. Enrage an Crippling Blow will probably see nerfs later on as people actually start playing the Warrior class. Careful Planning is useful by itself, although maybe dropping to 2 cost might make it more deckable. Tracking is also useful by itself; not really sure about the cost though, seems like a drop of 1 might be good as well.

I like the idea of certain cards being usable by both factions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    Using Star Wars as your go to reference for that probably wasn't the best, since SWCCG had dark and light side segregated as well.

I think a Hero that could play cards from the opposite side could be neat. (Maybe only certain cards, or only allies, or something.)
    I was not referring to the CCG but the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    @Sorter Yeah, Gravebone is OP, too many people are focused on Eladwen to realize it. Next update, coming in about a week, will have 10 weapons implemented, amongst other things. Enrage an Crippling Blow will probably see nerfs later on as people actually start playing the Warrior class. Careful Planning is useful by itself, although maybe dropping to 2 cost might make it more deckable. Tracking is also useful by itself; not really sure about the cost though, seems like a drop of 1 might be good as well.

I like the idea of certain cards being usable by both factions.
    How are these two remotely useful ATM? sure I get to see my top card or your hand but in any way do I have the ability to take that into my advantage. Well perhaps knowing your hand may give me a small advantage but nothing really game breaking.
    Last edited by Sorter; 02-27-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    How are these two remotely useful ATM? sure I get to see my top card or your hand but in any way do I have the ability to take that into my advantage. Well perhaps knowing your hand may give me a small advantage but nothing really game breaking.
    I think Careful Planning is useful. I know exactly what I will get next turn, so I can play my current turn accordingly.