Close

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[CLOSED] The Howling: A New Kind of Tournament

NOW STARTED, NO MORE ENTRIES PLEASE, BUT WATCH OUT FOR MORE TOURNAMENTS FROM ME, I WILL DO MORE SOON

Competitors, see here - http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post275633 - for table, scheduale and score reporting details.

Hey there! I'm proud to announce 'The Howling', a collaboration between Shikataru, Faolind and I (Wolfie07) - all ASF members - a tournament with a difference...

The difference being this - this tournament centers around a story, told below. Each game is actually a battle fought for a significant location in the story, which will be determined by us, the writers. Each location is worth points, with their value getting greater the closer to the final battle we reach. The side with the most points - Shadow or Human - will be victorious in the story, and influence how it is written!! This is your chance to shape and entire story, world and its hist ory through your games. (Please note, this means that the winner of the tournament may not necessarily mean that their faction wins, but there's a good chance of it...)

Did i mention that, on top of that, or benevolent overlords Wulven have sponsored us with prizes! 1st prize is 1000SC, with 2nd being 500SC and 3rd being 250SC. THANKS GUYS!

There are to be 18 - 20 spaces in this tournament. The rules are simple;

• No deck lock, but hero lock is on
    • No cheating (honour in all games )
    • All results to be posted on the challonge page provided in the last post. All reporting of results is the responsibility of the players.
    • All games are best of 3
    • We want one of every hero, but 2 is the max, if there is huge demand or if we get full too fast

SPACES ARE LIMITED!! So get in on the action now! Post your hero below.

Good luck to all who play, and may the best side be victorious...

1st Round Starts when all spaces are filled, dates and times of matches will be posted after that.

CONFIRMED PLAYERS:

PLEASE SEE POST ON PAGE 5 FOR DETAILS (http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post275633)

NOTE: Background story for both the scenario and the characters are in the next post, PLEASE READ!!! They form the true backbone of this idea, and they are great, written by Faolind and Shikataru (and myself, of course :P )
    Last edited by Wolfie07; 09-12-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    Back from the dead.

Aroooooooo *brains*.

Member of ASF after all this time! WE WILL NEVER DIE *fistpump*! We may decompose slightly.*shhhhhlllluuuuuuuup* No biggie, that can be stitched back on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can I join? When is this starting? Kangozza-Amber
    Godzillan Protector of Marsupials
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Queen of Asgard - Serena
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK O______________________________________O

I LOVES YOUR AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You might want to start by changing your forum name

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sign me in. I will play Gwenneth.
    IGN AA1 DARKCROSSBOW dont call me a noob, say something that I dont know of

lone wolf of the east

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Guide-To-Traps

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In if you'll let me!
    Enlisted to Endure's "Bullet Stopper"

Human Hero

(1SE): Lose target tournament.

"This is so much fu.... Crap... I lost."

E-Mail______Twitter______YouTube

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please inform me the date and time so i can confirm my participation.
    IGN AA1 DARKCROSSBOW dont call me a noob, say something that I dont know of

lone wolf of the east

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Guide-To-Traps

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Howling: Background Story

Ever since sentient beings have walked this earth, there has been war. War over territory, war over rights, war over food, water, resources, even people. Technologies have changed, deeper knowledge has brought arcane battles to the forefront of the fight. But now, war enters an entirely new dimension: the mind.

The Shadow has began to creep across this once great land, filling innocent thoughts with dread, spread by evil, malignant preachers who spread their faith through blood and violence. They will not stop until their tumour has been planted in the minds of every creature, human or otherwise, and then the Shadow will have triumphed, the light will have been snuffed out. And all shall hear the Howling of the Dead, screaming their pain and madness at whoever will listen. And those who listen, cannot help but join them.

And yet, in the face of such a strong adversary, stalwart heroes emerge. They stand for the light, hoping to extinguish the Shadow once and for all. Brought together by fate and commanded by luck, their war is not one for anything basic such as food, nor people, not even over resources. This is war for the mind itself.

And if they do not succeed, the Howling will only grow stronger. And soon all shall know of its madness.

IT’s time to fight – with the Shadow, or against it.

In key areas around the country, the heroes of Light prepare to defend against the darkness. Winning these battles will grant key resources to the armies, giving the victor a greater chance of defeating their adversary – whether the purest light of the darkest Shadow – and ultimately determining the fate of the people.

Its up to you to decide the outcome. Will these simple folk become slaves to madness and hysteria, locked in a realm of pain and suffering, where only the truly evil and malicious reap the benefits and live in luxurious existence.? Or will you fight for a land of the free, full of hopes uncrushed and minds undulled, where children can grow in peace and help the land to prosper.

The battle begins.

Wulven:
    Darkclaw lifted his muzzle to the wind. Something was wrong. The night air screamed death, and it made his spirit rumble in anticipation of a fight. His Wulven brethern noticed it as well, they were agitated, scuffling and sniffing the air. Darkclaw knew that, by following the scent, he and his brethern would find the foes they seek, and find out what this strange, intoxicating scent was. it made him want to fight, it made his hackles rise. Lifting his muzzle, he howled to the wind, and mournful cry calling his brothers to battle. Almost instantly, an answering howl from the South - Moonstalker, his Wulven ally, had felt the pull also, and was leading his pack towards the scent. Together, they will find this powerful force, and use it for their own devices.

Mages: As Gravebone walked to the graveyard to revive fallen allies, he hears something, something terrifying, which is music to his ears. He had to know what it was, he never heard something so terrifying. Majiya stopped from reading her scrolls from below a tree and headed toward Gravebone because she heard it as well. They both felt the fear in the air and wanted to join in it and cause more terror. Gravebone ready to go to join in the fear and Majiya ready to go to know what the cause of it was, together they go to know what this force was and use as their own.

Meanwhile, in the White Tower, Nishaven was lost in a vortex of magical energies. Something felt... wrong with the aura. He studied the colours of swirling maelstrom, and saw a distinct dark, blood red tinge in his examinations. Reaching into it, his mind was wretched from his control, lost in a turmoil of screaming and Howling. Something was definetely wrong. A clear blue haze penetrated his vision, as blue as fresh ice. Eladwen and felt his distress. She would follwo him, keep him strong. This taint on his mind must be removed - and only through his death, or through whatever is creating it, will that be possible.

Rogues:
    Serena Thoughtripper gazed steadily through the foggy pane of glass…
    She saw the men, sell-swords and mercenaries all gathered in this one tavern.
    If she was going to make any money today, this was the place.

Lance Shadowstalker, an assassin of good repute, walked through the tavern, eyeing the brutes that had gathered there. They had all gathered here for one purpose: A call had been given, a mysterious man was hiring all mercenaries in the area. The man had left no other information other than to meet here, at the Raven Inn & Tavern. “Quiet!” A shrill voice called from a dark corner of the room. ‘Wait,’ Lance thought to himself, ‘Our buyer is a woman?’

Serena walks from the darkness, surveying the room with a cold stare. “You all have come here for a purpose,” she stated, “to make money, yes?” The room fills with laughter. Serena smiles grimly at them. “Well. If you are willing, I have a plan.”

Lance listens attentively to the woman, as she describes a force of evil, a massive treasure trove, and a plan with more deviousness than all the vice-deities put together. ‘hmmm..’ he thinks, ‘tonight may indeed make us all rich…’

Hunters: Victor Heartstriker strode through the gloom. The mist and the many leaves of the forest had created a darkness that could only be compared to the hours of twilight. Victor looked into the distance. That red glow….

Gwen saw a man through the trees. Men did not usually encroach on her territory. “We’ll see about that…” she whispered to herself. Drawing her bow, she took aim at the stranger.

“Take another step, and you die stranger!”

Victor looked about. He had been sure that he was the only person here. “Who are you?” he called into the mist, standing rooted in his position.

“I am Gwenneth the True-sighted!” the voice answered back, “Last of the Amazons, and lady of this forest!”

“If you are this forest’s lady, then why have I never heard of you?” Victor scoffed back, “The Amazons are a myth. Who are you really?”

Gwen grew angry. “You doubt the Amazons?” She loosed an arrow, sending it to strike straight between Victor’s feet. “No one knows me because any who learn my name die where they stand!” she called back confidently, “And as for the Amazons, your people sent them into exile years ago. I’m not surprised you have forgotten the sting of our arrows…”

Gwen prepared another arrow, aimed this time at Victors heart. “Yes, it’s been far too long…”

Victor knew what was coming. He had no choice. He had to reveal his mission, or he would die where he stood. “Do you see the red on the horizon?” he yelled out desperately.

Gwen paused… “Yes,” she replied rather impatiently, “what of it?”

“I am a King’s scout for the land of Layar! I was sent here to investigate it!”

Gwen slowly lowered her bow, careful to not reveal her position in the trees. “You were sent to investigate the burning horizon?” she asked softly, “All the creatures talk of it, such pain and terror…”
    She had made her decision. “I will join you stranger. We will investigate this threat together…. For now.”

Meanwhile, in the Burning Horizon:

Baduruu laughed dryly. “Do you see it Bane? Such beauty in this destruction.”

“Yes!” Banebow cackled, “the creatures of the forest have nowhere to hide if the forest burns down! I can shoot them all!”

Baduruu sighed. “You’re missing the point,” he muttered with a tinge of regret, “the beauty does not reveal itself to all creatures of the shadow…”

“But still,” Baduruu continued as Banebow set light to every tree in sight, laughing maniacally, “The world will burn.”

Priests:
    Jericho poured over his books, looking into the knowledge left behind by the scholsrs he so fervently studied. yet, for all his studying, he could not find the answers he seeks. the disturbing sound at the back of his mind was continuing, the howling that robbed him of his sleep continued. he knew his counterpart, zhanna, felt it also - he could see it in the haggard look of her usually beautiful face. looking at each other from across the great studying hall of the priests, he knew rhey had both reached the same conclusion. reading cannot give them the answers they seek - this foe must be countered with force.

Warriors: He could not feel his arms. Nor his legs. He could not feel much physically, for that matter, but Boris liked it that way. This way, he could focus on the fight. This duel with Amber Rain, famed Warmaiden, had gone on for hours. He could see she was suffering also, sweat pouring down her face, dirt moving in streams down her muscular arms. This was a duel of honour and courage... and over a rather large sum of gold, of course. Amber, flashing him a wolfish grin, feinted left and drove right, her sword slicing high. Moving with agility not correct for his size, Boris neatly spun to his side and brought his axe down...

... and almost beheaded the messanger who was waiting for him. The whelp fainted at sight of this blood soaked, stinking mass of muscle: out cold. Boris dragged the letter out of hand.

Amber watched with great expectation. Then it turned to fear. Boris Skullcrusher, one of the greatest warriors of all time, was scared. "Logan and Ter Adun have joined forces." he quavered, clutching his axe with white knuckles. "They move to the South."

Amber looked at him. "There are murmurs of great war in the Southlands, Boris." He returned her look.

"Assemble your army, my friend. We will march and meet them, then discover what is happening in the South. And by my axe, Logan WILL fall!"

Massive thanks to Shikataru and Faolind for their help with these
    Back from the dead.

Aroooooooo *brains*.

Member of ASF after all this time! WE WILL NEVER DIE *fistpump*! We may decompose slightly.*shhhhhlllluuuuuuuup* No biggie, that can be stitched back on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    WOW, that was fast. ok, so im hoping we'll get all the spots filled by the end of this week, next week latest. @Darkscrossbow, if you want to join now, i will PM you ASAP.

All other players confirmed Welcome aboard
    Back from the dead.

Aroooooooo *brains*.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll join with Lance, this looks awesome

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also please note - the list of heroes already taken is above in the first post!!!!!
    Back from the dead.

Aroooooooo *brains*.