Close

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    Well, now that i have more time to tell my thought, i would say 5 day grace period isn't bad, but rating decay for players between 200 to 250 seems not a good idea IMO, these players aren't great players and most of them might be just casual players, so what's the point for them to play a game every week-end if they lose 6 points every week or a lot more after a 2 weeks break? Even casual players care about rating (we saw this every rating reset with all the threads "my rating went down from 200ish to 0, wtf?"). If i was them, i would surely stop playing or at least lose interest in rating and so in playing this game. And even with rating decay, good players will always be over 250 after some times.

My 2 cents.
    Tweaks to the system should be expected. Let's see how this configuration goes first though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle! He lives!

See you all on the ladder guys.

ps: do we lose 3 points tonight if we baven't played in a while?
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, now that i have more time to tell my thought, i would say 5 day grace period isn't bad, but rating decay for players between 200 to 250 seems not a good idea IMO, these players aren't great players and most of them might be just casual players, so what's the point for them to play a game every week-end if they lose 6 points every week or a lot more after a 2 weeks break? Even casual players care about rating (we saw this every rating reset with all the threads "my rating went down from 200ish to 0, wtf?"). If i was them, i would surely stop playing or at least lose interest in rating and so in playing this game. And even with rating decay, good players will always be over 250 after some times.

My 2 cents.
    While true, these casual players usually also play enough to not be hurt by the decay. A 200-250 rating is something that you can keep, so they shouldn't be affected too much. And if they haven't played in 5 days, that probably also means that they don't care as much about rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    ps: do we lose 3 points tonight if we baven't played in a while?
    Good question! Would like an answer to that as well
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

My 2 cents.
    They're Vietnamese coders.

You expect too much
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle! you are still alive! Glad to see you on the forum again!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    While true, these casual players usually also play enough to not be hurt by the decay. A 200-250 rating is something that you can keep, so they shouldn't be affected too much. And if they haven't played in 5 days, that probably also means that they don't care as much about rating.
    I see your point, but still think penalizing 200 to 250 rating players isn't good. Maybe the dude doesn't play often cause he have others stuff to do during his week, and everytime he comes to the game he is happy to see his 2XX rating for which he struggled, or a kid who have access to internet once in a week, even if it's not a child, if you have internet few times in a week, are you going to play SE first when you're connected or will you first do some search for a Job, check your bank account, e-mail some friends, check you're facebook, ect... and finnally end without time to play.. And now you're penalized and lose rating, why not just give up? Also a casual player can bring some of his friends to the game, who maybe will become addicted.

Am i arguing just for the enjoyement to do so? Maybe, , i dunno.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    They're Vietnamese coders.

You expect too much
    Well... Who won the war? From my french point of view it wasn't USA. :P
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's about time.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glad to see a system in place. It's been a very requested/suggested feature for awhile now.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see your point, but still think penalizing 200 to 250 rating players isn't good. Maybe the dude doesn't play often cause he have others stuff to do during his week, and everytime he comes to the game he is happy to see his 2XX rating for which he struggled, or a kid who have access to internet once in a week, even if it's not a child, if you have internet few times in a week, are you going to play SE first when you're connected or will you first do some search for a Job, check your bank account, e-mail some friends, check you're facebook, ect... and finnally end without time to play.. And now you're penalized and lose rating, why not just give up? Also a casual player can bring some of his friends to the game, who maybe will become addicted.

Am i arguing just for the enjoyement to do so? Maybe, , i dunno.
    While what you say, if they can only come only once a week, they still only lost the equivalent of about 2 games playing (and winning), which isn't that much really.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.