Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Majiya Portal (um, slightly different)

Since i started playing this game, i've been working out on a good Majiya build, and then i came across this forum board and started testing the different builds i found here. So far, i have my fair share of wins (and losses), but, after some time, i have gotten pretty bored with the standard deck i've been using. So, i started to build my own version of the deck. I'm not a very good player yet, but, netdecking someone else's deck just seems wrong to me, i feel a lot better using my own deck. Here's what i came up for now. Oh, and this is my 1st post here, cheers for me. :-D

1x Majiya

(19)
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Brutalis
    3x Belladonna
    3x Bad Wolf
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Shadow Knight

(20)
    3x Fireball
    3x Lightning Strike
    4x Portal
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    3x Shadow Font
    3x Sacrificial Lamb/Tome of Knowledge
    2x Ley Line Nexus

40 cards total

I don't want to do the turn-by-turn description, as i'm guessing everyone here should already know/seen the deck in action, considering Majiya is one of the popular hero now.

SF is an interesting card to use in Majiya decks, as Majiya's ability means it essentially replaces itself, and it gives some surprise for your opponents when they're not expecting it. It does feels good to spam her ability for 2-3 straight turns. :-D

My previous builds has a couple of BMs for sheer power, but, in the end, i decided to take them out, thinking that Shadow Knight would do the job just fine. Nova was here too, but, i often find myself sacrificing it a lot that i've decided to take them out altogether for extra deck space.

I'm still juggling whether to use ToK or SL, ToK stays on the board, but is susceptible to a Shriek of Vengeance, and it cost 2 resources to activate each turn that i find myself using it only during late game, when im winning anyway, while SL requires a sacrificed ally. But, it should be noted that it makes a nice combo with Bella and SK (a nice +4, maximum).

So, there it is, any comments/fixes is appreaciated. Fire away!

Edited:

After much battles, i find the Fonts didn't worked much in my favor, so i take those out, and swapped the Bruts with some Snakes, as it can be played on T1, so a T2 Tome play is always viable.

-3 Brut
    -3 Font
    -1 SLamb

+4 Tome
    +3 Snake
    +1 FBall
    +1 Lightning
    Last edited by Wicktoria; 09-16-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 fireball
    +1 lightning strike
    - 1 portal
    - 1 shadow knight

Not having four fireballs and lightning strikes is like a gunfighter going to a showdown with his gun missing some bullets.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there fellow Malaysian! I am from Malaysia too.
    Welcome to the forums!

I agree with the previous post, you need all 4 Fireball and 4 Lightning. -1 SK and -1 portal from my part too. Other than that, looks like a decent Postal Deck.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrfytr998 View Post
    +1 fireball
    +1 lightning strike
    - 1 portal
    - 1 shadow knight

Not having four fireballs and lightning strikes is like a gunfighter going to a showdown with his gun missing some bullets.
    Thanks for the input, gonna test them out real soon. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhou86 View Post
    Hi there fellow Malaysian! I am from Malaysia too.
    Welcome to the forums!

I agree with the previous post, you need all 4 Fireball and 4 Lightning. -1 SK and -1 portal from my part too. Other than that, looks like a decent Postal Deck.
    Cool, it often hard to find someone from Malaysia in the online community. :-D Anyway, thanks for your comment! :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with the aboves up to a point. As a mage you definitely need all 4 from your major burn spells (these are Fireball and Lighting Strike). Just don't remove your SK and the fourth Portal. Your deck has 4 fatties and you need them all. Also with 3 Belladonna and Bad Wolf you need all 4 Portal for maximum efficiency. The obvious card to cut imo is Shadow Font (even though that you like it so much ), It's a great card but for majiya is a waste of deck space. It is only usefull late game (when you will portal-spam Belladonna and Shadow Knight) and turn 4 when your best bet is a Lighting Strike.
    As for the draw, usually most decks use both (like 4 Tomes and 2 Lambs). You could do without the lambs though.
    So I suggest -3Fonts and +1 Fireball, +1 Ls and +1 Tome
    Belladonna, Portal and SK are your key cards in late game (avoid turn 4 portals)
    Sorry for the long post and welcome to the forums!
    IGN|theLittleGnome

Rising Sun | join now!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrfytr998 View Post
    +1 fireball
    +1 lightning strike
    - 1 portal
    - 1 shadow knight

I don't like the idea to cut away one portal and same with that SK.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    like everyone else said +1 fireball +1 lightning strike -1 shadow font -1 shadow knight
    A1's Resident Smut Peddler
    Wulven Apprentice Finalist
    Betrayal4life 2-0 Cancer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Edited the OP for the latest list. I've taken out the Fonts (it's kinda made me sad though) in favor for more burn spells and Tomes. Swapped Bruts with Snakes.

-3 Brut
    -3 Font
    -1 SLamb

+4 Tome
    +3 Snake
    +1 FBall
    +1 Lightning

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just wanted to say thanks for coming up with this, I'm a returning player who didn't really know what he was doing with his mage lol, I picked up a few Shadow Mage decks this evening (gotta love free rewards) and had built something that was a bit more control oriented with her but I still had the 4 Fb and 4 LS in it.

Your deck idea definitely helped me to put mine in line with the power curve, so thanks again! ^_^

And to share I'm now running:

Hero: Majiya

Allies (19):
    3x Fire Snake
    3x Bad Wolf
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Belladonna
    4x Shadow Knight

Spells (21):
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    3x Tome of Knowledge