Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 40k

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You really don't need a lot of room to play, a basic table will do for small battles.

Apparently a good way to stay motivated is to paint more than one model at a time ( warhammer joey. YouTube ) that way when you get bored with one you just move to another.

Spent another £30 on paints yesterday so I'm going to have sell some of my magic cards. All your photos are amazing and great motivation. Well done.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Duce View Post
    Awesome looking titan, have you found yourself burnt out a bit from building it? I had a few times where it was a just can't be bothered with this and wondering if it would ever be done.

Love the orcs even if they are foul xenos. I assume thats your battlewagons? or is it trukks?

The fleshtearers look great! loving the color combo, what do you run the squad with ? 2x dual lightning claw guys, inferno pistol and ccw? a standard guy and priest with any upgrades?
    The Titan took so long to build because I kept moving back to regular armies to keep my interest up. Otherwise yeah, i would've burnt out and never finished it.

I have 2 Battlewagons, one with Kilkannon, and my Trukk (The Bonewagon). The Battlewagons are visible at the back of the first image, next to the Skullhamma.

The Honour Guard is geared up 2 x Lightning Claws, 2 x Infernus Pistol + Chainsword, and the sanguinary priest (which can't have weapons upgrades). All equipped with Jump Packs. They're paired up with Dante so they can deep strike without scattering. This means they can pop in right behind my opponents tank line or heavy infantry and carve up
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Nerd

When painting the normal rank and file marines or guardsmen i liked to work in batches of 30-40, this allowed me to paint all the same colour areas and by the time i finish 40 odd di'm ready to see another colour to stop my eyes bleeding from too much orange or such, it allowed me to finish about 50 guys in 4 days (with work, time with wife and sleeping and other things). it also helped to get the chapte rpainted in under 1 year alongside the guard army. (Both armies took me 1 year 2 months to paint fully)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    How come I never see anyone building necros or tau?
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Duce. I honestly don't have your stamina. Full respect on that. That said I'm as happy as a pig in shit just messing about and painting. I'm probably just going to mix n match small armies as I dont have the patience for complex rules either.

I bet you'd make a small fortune if you sold everything but I'd be inclined to keep it all. I'm quite fickle and lose interest quite easily but always end up going back to stuff eventually.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    How come I never see anyone building necros or tau?
    The necrosis look kinda cheap in my opinion and I think both armies are weeker than most of the others but I might be wrong on both counts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdom View Post
    The necrosis look kinda cheap in my opinion and I think both armies are weeker than most of the others but I might be wrong on both counts
    In the video game, the tau are pretty strong if you use them right. They're best with blitzkrieg attacks. High as heck attack, low defence.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tau are older and suffer vs the newer armies really, and while they can do a few builds fine to compete its not really helpful vs othe rmatchups. Necrons are popular enough and i think coming into6th have got better due to flyers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    In the video game, the tau are pretty strong if you use them right. They're best with blitzkrieg attacks. High as heck attack, low defence.
    Warhammer the video game not to be mistaken for Chess the video game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdom View Post
    Warhammer the video game not to be mistaken for Chess the video game
    Eh it's pretty fun for a strategy game. Cheaper than spending thousands for the real thing, quicker than trying to find someone to play with.
    Signature for rent.