Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amber Rain

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Amber Rain

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I realize the art somewhat supports this, but I can't read this name without thinking <ahem> "adult actress."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if this hero will shine after the coming update.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am looking forward to using her with Dual Wield and Rampage. Do you know if having two weapons allows for both to be used in 1 attack, or the player has to choose which weapon to use each time the hero attacks?

Edit: as in Dual Wield the warrior ability card granting double damage, rather than Dual Wield the warrior ability on the card allowing 2 weapons to be equipped...
    Last edited by tk5; 03-08-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm. I always assumed Amber would just hack and slash with both with each attack or counterattack. I think that'll be the case, or else, for counterattacks, we'd see the first time where you actually get to make a decision on your opponent's turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^^ i think it's more likely that both weapons attack will be combined.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That would be nice so with a bit of luck by turn 5, dual wielding and dual wielding two 1 damage weapons would do 4 damage per turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Question for the designers/programmers. Let's say I have 2 weapons in play (which is allowed with Amber ONLY, I assume). If I try to put a 3rd one out, which of the 2 current weapons goes into the graveyard? Does I get to choose, or will the game automatically choose based on some hidden decision parameter?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    there's a double edged sword (pardon the pun) with her ability, while dual wielding is great, it also means that both weapons lose durability when attacking. that means if the enemy attacks with a 1/2 fire snake your hero will retaliate with both weapons and lose 2 durability in total.

also a good question by lightside, i would assume the oldest weapon would be destroyed, or the one with least durability. it would be nice to be able to choose though, this would make the most sense, because a warrior wouldn't just randomly throw away a weapon, they would choose which one to replace.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lightside View Post
    Question for the designers/programmers. Let's say I have 2 weapons in play (which is allowed with Amber ONLY, I assume). If I try to put a 3rd one out, which of the 2 current weapons goes into the graveyard? Does I get to choose, or will the game automatically choose based on some hidden decision parameter?
    I would imagine it will be much like trying to play additional effects on allies or heros. Once the slot is filled, you can't target the ally with another weapon unless somehow one of the equipped ones is destroyed or otherwise removed first. Simply playing a new weapon won't just make one of the other weapons fall off. You just won't be able to change weapons out once you've equipped your hero with one (or two, in the case of Amber Rain)