Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    they do solve problems!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    They might solve problems but here's how it is:

You are being defeated. There is no way out. If you close the connection the game says you have been defeated. Does this matter to the losing opponent? ANSWER: No.

Why does it not matter to the losing opponent?
    ANSWER: Because in the next turn the opponent will SURELY be defeated. That is 100% inevitable.

So if losing opponent will be defeated in the next turn what's the point of playing and ending turn? Why not let the badly designed game decide, with its russian roulette logic, who wins and who doesn't? The logic of the opponent is very simple to understand:

1. If I end my turn now, the chance of DEFEAT is 100%.
    2. If I don't end my turn and let the timer run, my chance of DEFEAT is now at 33.33%.
    3. A DRAW for a losing opponent is thus 33.33% and VICTORY is also 33.33%
    4. Thus the chance of NOT losing rank/rating by letting the timer run out is now at a MASSIVE: 66.66%

So, when buying cards and building your deck; you as a good and honest player now stands a 66.66% chance to encouter a DEFEAT or DRAW screen when you are CLEARLY WINNING THE GAME against a dishonest player! Even when the opponent's life is at 2 and your life is at 10000, you will ONLY have 33.33% of WINNING the game IF the other player lets the timer run out.

Now hopefully you see the magnitude of the problem which has NOT been solved. Compare this problem to 'balancing card powers' and you will see that balancing cards is utterly useless when the multiplayer is designed with russian roulette logic.

I love the game a lot and thus issues like these need to be addressed so the Wulven Team's able to see the problem that its players are facing. I have also asked other members to take screenshots when they see the same problem. I believe the multiplayer to be the greatest flaw in this game and some players are really exploiting this. Shadow Era in general has a great community and we all love playing with honest players who fight till the end. These players are mature enough to understand what is fair and how to put up a great game and a good fight. Others however are sadly not the same and the Wulven Team doesn't seem to acknowledge it and instead defends cheaters by blaming internet connections instead.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by naxalite View Post
    They might solve problems but here's how it is:

You are being defeated. There is no way out. If you close the connection the game says you have been defeated. Does this matter to the losing opponent? ANSWER: No.

Why does it not matter to the losing opponent?
    ANSWER: Because in the next turn the opponent will SURELY be defeated. That is 100% inevitable.

So if losing opponent will be defeated in the next turn what's the point of playing and ending turn? Why not let the badly designed game decide, with its russian roulette logic, who wins and who doesn't? The logic of the opponent is very simple to understand:

1. If I end my turn now, the chance of DEFEAT is 100%.
    2. If I don't end my turn and let the timer run, my chance of DEFEAT is now at 33.33%.
    3. A DRAW for a losing opponent is thus 33.33% and VICTORY is also 33.33%
    4. Thus the chance of NOT losing rank/rating by letting the timer run out is now at a MASSIVE: 66.66%

So, when buying cards and building your deck; you as a good and honest player now stands a 66.66% chance to encouter a DEFEAT or DRAW screen when you are CLEARLY WINNING THE GAME against a dishonest player! Even when the opponent's life is at 2 and your life is at 10000, you will ONLY have 33.33% of WINNING the game IF the other player lets the timer run out.

Now hopefully you see the magnitude of the problem which has NOT been solved. Compare this problem to 'balancing card powers' and you will see that balancing cards is utterly useless when the multiplayer is designed with russian roulette logic.

I love the game a lot and thus issues like these need to be addressed so the Wulven Team's able to see the problem that its players are facing. I have also asked other members to take screenshots when they see the same problem. I believe the multiplayer to be the greatest flaw in this game and some players are really exploiting this. Shadow Era in general has a great community and we all love playing with honest players who fight till the end. These players are mature enough to understand what is fair and how to put up a great game and a good fight. Others however are sadly not the same and the Wulven Team doesn't seem to acknowledge it and instead defends cheaters by blaming internet connections instead.
    It's a similar debate as with shuffle bugs. Some people think it exists, some people think it doesn't, and nobody knows which one is right.

The one who wins writes history - sort of thing (although the "shuffle bug" is supposedly very easy to fix so people cba to actually figure it out).

I think it's possible to do a research about it (and determine the right answer) but that would take a lot of time and effort and I don't know if there are enough people willing to test it out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minato View Post
    idk if it is only me but im kinda happy when i get the defeat screen, cuz everytime this happened i got still points. Exp was less but therefore my rating came higher. You guys should really check it. Wait a few min and look at your status.
    Yes when defeated you get 100XP. However you don't receive any gold (to buy your cards) or higher multiplayer rating. When most players like myself go online to play, we play to gain the full 400 XP and 80 Gold. We have built our deck(s) with time and patience to be victorious. That is in fact the WHOLE point of the game. Of course you will undoubtedly be defeated a lot of times by which you will then go back to your deck and tune your deck (remove or add cards with gold won in the game).

However, when being defeated, 100 XP is OK but your online rating STILL goes down. Your rating tells others what kind of player you are and so when your rating goes up, you tend to be proud of yourself. But, when you are clearly winning a game and suddenly you are defeated and lose your rating which took you some time to attain, it tends to get you mad, especially when its happening way too often.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    It's a similar debate as with shuffle bugs. Some people think it exists, some people think it doesn't, and nobody knows which one is right.

The one who wins writes history - sort of thing (although the "shuffle bug" is supposedly very easy to fix so people cba to actually figure it out).

I think it's possible to do a research about it (and determine the right answer) but that would take a lot of time and effort and I don't know if there are enough people willing to test it out.

I haven't heard of the 'shuffle bugs'. If you mean that all the good cards come up at the right time then I guess I have yet to experience it since I extremely rarely get that. Personally I don't believe it exists. I believe some players out there have put a lot of time and work to tune their deck against specific classes (a mage or rogue). Hence should a mage face that kind of player, the mage would immediately assume the shuffle bug is in effect, not realising the opponent has a very well fine tuned deck.

I know you can't decide which class (mage?) to battle online but I have had opponents who tell me things like "you are the fourth wulven I'm playing today!" lol!

Anyway bottom line is I don't believe that particular bug exists. I also don't know how this can be researched but since you thought about its research maybe you can tell us here. I also have a few people who play shadow era who might be willing to help us test for the shuffling bug but I'll have a word with them.

I think its got to that point where the game itself needs its players more than ever to at least survive as a 'good' game. So tell us what you have in mind in terms of researching the shuffle bug. I'll speak to my friends once I know what you want to do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fail