3 x Dimension Ripper

21 + 19 = 40 TOTAL

Example start:

T1. Fire Snake if lucky
    T2. Brutalis/Santa if going first
    T3. Garg/Mage/Bad Wolf
    T4. Shadow Font
    T5. DM or 3cc ally + BS... Shriek or LLN possibly
    T6. Behemoth or Ogloth or 2 x 3cc allies.

I'm still fairly new at this game but I've seen this deck sky rocket me to rating 225 in a matter of 3 days. I have roughly a 66% win rate with it. Before this build I tried many other Zal decks on this forum. This is somewhat of a hybrid between Keaven's Zal the Glutton and Painful-smiles standard dimension ripper Zaladar.

I've had success with slight variations as well.

- 1 energy discharge
    + 1 MC

- 1 glutton
    - 1 soul reaper
    + 2 there be monsters

The one issue I've had with this deck is solo wulven decks and Gwen. Rogues get hairy when ankle breaker is in play. Not to much trouble with mages. Against Nishaven I never have more than 3 allies out in between his shadow abilities.. Just hold allies in hand till next 5 turn segment.

I'm sure this deck has its flaws and my win rate might not stand up with 300+ decks. I'd love to hear some feedback though. Please give it a spin first if you're curious. I will use feedback to update this deck accordingly... After thorough testing of course. Thanks again!
    Last edited by FlexYoFace; 09-01-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlexYoFace View Post
    The one issue I've had with this deck is solo wulven decks and Gwen.
    This is true of 99.9% of Zaladar decks, and it's just a fact of life that Gwen, Darkclaw, Solo Moon (Millstalker) will be hard fights. Of the three, I feel Millstalker is the most winnable.

My first thought is that Oggy has a good chance of backfiring on you due to Dimension Ripper. Not because DR may give him away, but because you may lose a Mind Control to your opponent. And should someone see Oggy, a canny player may wait until he's at a good size before MC'ing him into oblivion, dealing decent damage to you in the process. Maybe drop him altogether (I can see in one of your deck iterations you do that).

I do feel 4 Mind Control is an absolute must, as it's a brilliant instant removal card and can get rid of those annoying creatures (like Aeon) without any trouble.

This next statement may garner controversy, and it's a playstyle thing, but I dislike Fire Snake. I know it boosts your early game, and combos up with Zal's ability, but late game it's an utter dead drop and that's bad. Brutalis at least has some staying power. I would even take 2 Flayer over the Snakes, or 1 Flayer and 1 DMT, to complete your set. (the 4 Brut, 1 Flayer set up was used to great effect by Fou DeLile in the World Championships, and he is one of the best players I've met.)

A final word of advice, be careful with your Soul Reaper. I'd aim to only play Dimension Ripper AFTER it's hit your hand. You don't want to risk giving it away, and as the game progresses, the likelihood that it will go to your opponent gets greater and greater.

I actually think it's a decent deck, and I like that you've taken other peoples lists and adjusted the deck to suit you. Remember what works for one may not work for another.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe consider -2 Fire Snake, -1 Glutton and +3 SK. And/Or -2 Bad Wolf and +1 Flayer and +1 DMT like preybird said and Fou DeLile perfected