Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Questions About Starting A League With Physical Cards

Me and a couple of newly recruited Shadow Era fans play largely with the physical cards. We have been considering starting a league at our local game store, and were curious if that has been done already, and how to go about it.

Our current plan was to just host a "Shadow Era" day at our local store where attendees buy their chosen starter deck, learn to play, incorporate their booster if they like, and then run a Swiss-style tournament, with a store-sponsored prize (if we can convince the owner).

Any suggestions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would suggest posting here http://www.shadowera.com/forumdispla...Organized-Play. That forum is specifically for organized play with physical cards. Something may have already been started near you. Good luck!

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At its heart, SE is still a TCG, so you need a good environment with good players for the best experience.

If you plan on making SE Day a regular event, a calculated ranking system would be quite fun. As you mentioned, tournaments or perhaps league-wide "seasons" with prizes for everyone involved would be a great deal of fun.

Or if nothing else, at least a win/loss leaderboard. Perhaps establish a small forum/Facebook group/etc. for discussions and whatnot. Getting more involved in little ways like those always enhances a gaming experience for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
    I would suggest posting here http://www.shadowera.com/forumdispla...Organized-Play. That forum is specifically for organized play with physical cards. Something may have already been started near you. Good luck!
    ...maybe that's why he posted in Organized Play?

Or maybe a mod moved it. Anyways.