Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    as i said before, i don't think they were arrested for talking smack about the government. they walked onto private property and acted as a civil disruption.

in America, the same shit would happen (probably with a little less consequence, but you get my drift). if someone walked into your/mine/anyone's house, unannounced and without permission, and then started screaming obscene shit and refused to leave, that would end with them being taken into police custody and either a) checked for insanity or b) incarcerated on grounds of civil disruption.

@GS: well, i only hope you're wrong i guess. yeah, there are always guards who do terrible shit...but there are also many guards who are nice to inmates...
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    its not about punks, dont you get this?

its about FREEDOM OF SPEACH (non existant in russia)
    about FREEDOM OF THE PRESS (^^)
    about DEMOCRACY (^^)
    about HUMAN RIGHTS (^^)

all those should be a fundamental right for ANY citizen in a FREE DEMOCRACY,
    no matter if punk, politician, doctor or whatever you are.

the whole protest of pussy riot should present the current state of FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY as practised by Putin and his people right now...

because... as you said... different systems f*** different, and the current russian system fucks major...

and its just sad that so many people just dont get this.
    Take a chill pill
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    its not about punks, dont you get this?

its about FREEDOM OF SPEACH (non existant in russia)
    about FREEDOM OF THE PRESS (^^)
    about DEMOCRACY (^^)
    about HUMAN RIGHTS (^^)

all those should be a fundamental right for ANY citizen in a FREE DEMOCRACY,
    no matter if punk, politician, doctor or whatever you are.

the whole protest of pussy riot should present the current state of FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY as practised by Putin and his people right now...

because... as you said... different systems f*** different, and the current russian system fucks major...

and its just sad that so many people just dont get this.
    I have been watching the case develop with interest, here is a quote I found particularly interesting:

Russian here. So what actually did girls from Pussy Riot do?

Putting chicken in vagina in supermarket, filming it [1] http://imgur.com/a/<RemovedbyPadawanNSFW>
    Orgy. In freaking Biological museum. While one of the girls was pregnant on 9th month [2] http://plucer.<removedbyPadawanNSFW>.com/55710.html (By the way, newborn almost died much later because of lack of attention — baby fell from table while Tolokonnikova weren't looking after girl.)
    Some members (Tolokonnikova) of this group painted a dick on drawbridge (no pun intended) and burnt police car.
    A bit of other not so shocking stuff, but still rampageous (shouting their so-called songs in public places: shops, roofs of buildings next to Kremlin and so on)

And they always were able to get away without any real punishment. Heck, Russia is state with most freedoms in whole world if somebody can do such things without any attention from authorities.

They are bunch of useless provocateurs, nobody knew about them. But with the last "performance" they passed the line. Maybe judges cannot stand their previous deeds and wanted to punish them harshly.

Personally I'm an atheist, but now what? Let's provoke people who believe in god and profane churches? I respect others' beliefs until people don't act stupid.

I think it could be better if they got a year, not two. But still, like most of Russians I don't support them.

But hey, look at this [3] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...chkarev%29.jpg No, Assange isn't cute like this girl, so he has no chance to be sympathized. I actually don't get why citizen of one country stays in embassy of some 3rd world country in fear of being deported to world superpower. Is it human rights in action?

By the way, while we are talking about feminism remember that condition of women in ex-USSR countries differs from women's condition in West. I can't say, if it is better or worse — it simply differs because of different mentality and history. And that's why word "feminist" has a bit negative inflection here. Girls are not helping nor themselves, nor Russian feminist movement calling bunch of not so plausible performers "feminist punk-rock band".

So some guy sewed his mouth and stood with sign "Free Pussy Riot".

I sewed my ass, keep them in jail.

Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    I have been watching the case develop with interest, here is a quote I found particularly interesting:

Russian here. So what actually did girls from Pussy Riot do?

Putting chicken in vagina in supermarket, filming it [1] http://imgur.com/a/<RemovedbyPadawanNSFW>
    Orgy. In freaking Biological museum. While one of the girls was pregnant on 9th month [2] http://plucer.<removedbyPadawanNSFW>.com/55710.html (By the way, newborn almost died much later because of lack of attention — baby fell from table while Tolokonnikova weren't looking after girl.)
    Some members (Tolokonnikova) of this group painted a dick on drawbridge (no pun intended) and burnt police car.
    A bit of other not so shocking stuff, but still rampageous (shouting their so-called songs in public places: shops, roofs of buildings next to Kremlin and so on)

And they always were able to get away without any real punishment. Heck, Russia is state with most freedoms in whole world if somebody can do such things without any attention from authorities.

They are bunch of useless provocateurs, nobody knew about them. But with the last "performance" they passed the line. Maybe judges cannot stand their previous deeds and wanted to punish them harshly.

Personally I'm an atheist, but now what? Let's provoke people who believe in god and profane churches? I respect others' beliefs until people don't act stupid.

I think it could be better if they got a year, not two. But still, like most of Russians I don't support them.

But hey, look at this [3] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...chkarev%29.jpg No, Assange isn't cute like this girl, so he has no chance to be sympathized. I actually don't get why citizen of one country stays in embassy of some 3rd world country in fear of being deported to world superpower. Is it human rights in action?

By the way, while we are talking about feminism remember that condition of women in ex-USSR countries differs from women's condition in West. I can't say, if it is better or worse — it simply differs because of different mentality and history. And that's why word "feminist" has a bit negative inflection here. Girls are not helping nor themselves, nor Russian feminist movement calling bunch of not so plausible performers "feminist punk-rock band".

So some guy sewed his mouth and stood with sign "Free Pussy Riot".

I sewed my ass, keep them in jail.

And your point is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK O______________________________________O

I LOVES YOUR AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You might want to start by changing your forum name

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Asgard View Post
    And your point is?
    I found it interesting, like I said. Are you reading before posting?
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    I found it interesting, like I said. Are you reading before posting?
    Why? Are we supposed to do so? ⊙.☉
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    Why? Are we supposed to do so? ⊙.☉
    No idea, I'm not an oracle.
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.