Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

☽MILLSTALKER☾ successful

Haha, let me share one of the most hated deck, cause it is successful. First i want to thanks Drakkon who introduced me to the art of Milling/Stalling in v1.26 with Moonstalker, a little video (15 minutes but quite bad quality cause i recorded it with an old phone) of a 45 minutes game back in v1.26, where there were no Evil Ascendant, Shadow Font, Earthen Protector, Tainted Oracle, ect... And MS ability protected him from spell.

So the current deck (advice: don't even try it vs low rated opponent):

Moonstalker

4 Captured Prey
    3 Now You're Mine
    4 What Big Teeth
    3 Regeneration
    3 Full Moon
    2 Rabid Bite
    4 Lone Wolf
    3 Evil Ascendant
    4 Shadow Font
    2 Rain Delay
    4 Bazaar
    4 Bad Santa
    2 Ley Line Nexus

Captured Prey: mostly for Plasma Behemot, Sandworm, Aeon, and also for big hitters if you don't have nothing better to do, can be used on a Gargoyle or Bad Wolf if you really feel the need, but try to not use mpre than one on these little allies.

Now You're Mine: for Jasmine, Aldon, and specially for Gargoyle and Bad Wolf, knowing that vs Humans it will be useless cause of Aeon.

What Big Teeth: to make the ping damage on some allies, help to kill slowly the opponent's hero, need only one vs Human Mage, Hunter, you can sac the others.

Regeneration: you can sac some if you need something to sac, it's not really useful if you draw your Lone Wolf, except vs Mage, try to not use it too early so you can heal from Poison Gas and Engulfing Flame, not a lot of Rogue use sorcerous Poison, but you still can be cautious and keep one in hand.

Full Moon: great card cause you can destroy weapons with high attack by using it if you have What The Big Teeth out, also to kill some allies quickly like Molten Destroyer or Plasma Behemot if you don't have Captured prey in hand. Also good vs Mage cause they won't hit you with spells the next turn.

Rabid Bite: even nerfed, you can still find good use for this card, disable an ally for one turn, help to kill allies, or hit the hero if no other allies are summoned. But a card i sac often.

Lone Wolf: never sac one of this card, it's the card you need during the game and now lots of players runs Sever Ties, so you'll need all the 4 Lone wolf, only when your opponent have used 3/4 of his deck without cast a Sever Ties you can sac one, cause they always cast Sever Ties as soon as you cast a Lone Lone if they have one in hand.

Evil Ascendant: i'll rise it to x4, you need it T3, no matter what.

Shadow Font: to hide even more, , you can sac one or two if you have too much of them early and if your opponent is low on allies. Never use it when you don't need it vs Shadow Hees, they can Shadow Spawn it! It's better to skip your turn...

Rain Delay: use it during early game when it doesn't matter if it's detroyed and keep your Shadow Energy, try to never use it to save your heroes' life, cause lots of opponent wait with something to destroy it in late game, like Full Moon.

Bazaar: to mill your opponent quickly, sac the others when you know it's not going to be destroyed (vs Human Mage/Hunter/Warrior). Also good to have more cards to play, duh!

Bad Santa: i specially like this card in mill deck, use it to have a card you need quicky, it doesn't matter if you give extra cards to your opponent. And, in late game, keep them so you can deal 3 damages as soon as they run out of cards,

Ley Line Nexus: because i need some more cards in the deck, usually sac'ed when draw early, can be useful if you draw them in late game to detroy an Armor or a big Weapon

The strategy is to not use your ability too early, take some damages, Lone Wolf will heal you latter, you don't need lots of ressources, you can stay with 4~5 ressources for some turn, then sac the auto-sac cards depending of the match up and you'll easily make your ressources grow to 9~10 without sacing important cards. Try to keep enough cards in hand so you'll draw only one card per turn when Bazaar is out in late game.

Not lots of games to watch, kentuequi vs Rimil (Majiya) and an interesting one with a Sandworm 9/11 kentuequi vs Hunter Rogan (Victor).

Any comments / insults are welcome,
    Last edited by kentuequi; 08-16-2012 at 01:12 AM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No Crescendo? I thought that was a staple in Milkstalker.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ley Line Nexus can destroy it too easily, so you gain nothing from playing a hight ressources card, and since i stay low in ressources during the first turns, it's not easy to find when to cast it. But now that you mention it, maybe some opponents kept a destruction item in hand waiting for Creshendo, , they should have sac'd it.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What is your plan to deal with solo DC? or any solo deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kwsteven View Post
    What is your plan to deal with solo DC? or any solo deck?
    Now, that a good question, i was wondering the same thing yesterday evening... I guess vs a millstalker the best move is to "offer draw", lol. Maybe adding 4 Shriek and removing the 2 LLN can make you draw vs DC if he doesn't run Master Smith. Gwen seems auto lose if played wisely, others solo are winnable but you may struggle. I made a new alt account to test it from rating 0, so i'll update from what i learn.

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You haven't really gotten much experience with millstalker, right?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Huh? Enough to mill a 56 cards Boris back in 1.26, where there was no evil ascendant, and for sure i don't play a lot Millstalker, cause everytime i win, i feel sorry.... And tell me how many solo DC, Amber, (i don't even name the others hero) am i supposed to find in +300 rating? Only solo to reach high rating is Gwen, and this bicht have nearly infinite bow if you go for a mill imo... Meh, i only played vs Solo Gwen twice with all my alt account so far. So yes i don't have as many experience in Millstalker than with Mage/Rogue/Elementals/Warriors, but enough to tell you this deck and what i'm going to change kick ass. If you have suggestion, fell free to share.

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Breathe breathe.....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ipwn, dunno if kents mill works, but i know yours...

do not share any suggestions please
    A1 Icebear: A1's Glacial Claws of Fury

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this^
    ~A1 FakeKiki - The Decoy of A1: Evolution in Theory~