Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[Majiya] My Deck version

Hello,

Not playing for long, i'm looking a way to improve my deck... I've read the 6 rules to build a deck, how to build a competitive deck... Tests a important number of Deck and find Majiya, wich i really like to play...
    I test this Majiya version which i don't really like... Majiya 300 rating but this is not really the game I like...
    Work on it, and try to adapt it to my game (but not sure to improve it... My rating is currently near 225 and 75% win on my 15 last games)

Here's the version :

Deck : 43 cards
    1 Majiya

Allies : 18
    4 Brutalis
    4 Infernal Gargoyle
    3 Death Mage Thaddeus
    3 Plasma Behemoth
    2 Shadow knight
    2 Ogloth the Glutton

Abilities : 24
    4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    2 Poison Gas
    2 Engulfing Flames
    2 Supernova

4 tome of knowledge
    3 Sever Ties
    3 Ley Line Nexus

My strategy is not really different.
    T1 : Sacrifice
    T2 : ToK or Brutalis
    T3 : IG, Brutalis, FB
    T4 : LS, Gargoyle, DMT...
    T5 : PG or EF or IG / DMT + Draw...

I try to crontrol slowly the board, using resistance of my small allies to kill opposing allies. Later, i use them to depop weapon or armor if i don't have LLN...
    My aim is control board, usind Majiya ability and small allies to kill and draw card. Continue drawing with ToK, and wait T7 or T8 to cast main allies (when it's possible...)
    Mainly try to control board playing an ally and an abilit and DD in the same turn when it's possible... (Fireball/Brutalis, DMT/Lightning...)

But i'm searching a way to improve it. I allways loose in mirror match (Majiya,) and search a way to correct that.

Ho, and if someone knows how to add link on cards picture, i'm looking for the solution...
    Last edited by Sleyo; 08-14-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You might wanna take the Gas and Flames out for better more draws, since I felt the 4ToK's are not gonna be enough imo.
    Cards you may wanna consider:

Sacrificial Lamb: The card here can and will help you better in you deck with the oggies in here, since opponents will likely to cripple/off it most of the time.
    Bad Santa: Only if you find a hard time going 1st.

+2 Shadow Knights: mainly they can serve the purpose to recycle your oggies or simply have the SK cycle warrants it enough to have 4 of them.
    Not to mention a 5/4 ally is not a joking matter. Sure you will always find them being the targets of CB/CW/FG but that's the point; force em to use it on SK instead of your precious PB/Oggies.

And last but not least since you are willing to set aside space to fit in 6 item destruction cards, I suggest also trying this mix instead: 2ST/2LLN/2SoV.
    This mix should give you better control over most weapons/armors/draw engine.

Edited for typo
    2nd Edit: Forgot to say ST's are meant for oggies.
    Last edited by Geckt; 08-30-2012 at 05:34 AM.
    Geckt - The Midnight Hunter
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Use this Deckbuilder by Gondorian to present your deck:

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1.5/edit.html

Build your deck by clicking on the cards, then copy the URL and paste here (or anywhere) so anyone can access and have a better overview of your deck.

Agreed with Geckt, 2SoV/2ST/2LLN can give you a better all-rounder deck.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. Personally, I don't find ogloth that strong in any Majiya deck. I would cut 2 Ogloth out and add 1 Plasma Behemoth and 1 Shadow Knight

2. Flame & Gas are not that useful. You have no way to deal with some nasty fatties like raven, aeon or sandworm (for many times you won't have enough burn cards to kill them quickly). I would cut both Flame & Gas and add 2 to 3x Clinging Web or 2x Dagger Of Unmaking ( I prefer the Web)

3. 3x Severe Ties is kinda more than enough. I would use only 2, and instead of 3x LLN, I would use 2x LLN and 1x Acid Jet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TDH View Post
    1. Personally, I don't find ogloth that strong in any Majiya deck. I would cut 2 Ogloth out and add 1 Plasma Behemoth and 1 Shadow Knight
    Actually, I think choosing Ogloth is more of a personal preference. A lot of the time people will only use an attatchment card to keep him from causing any damage, rather than killing him. This can be good because you can use sever ties later on in the game, when the opponent doesnt expect it, and hit them with a good 8+ damage when it becomes hard to recover from. And if you have a strong board presence, it's
    not too dificult to keep him alive. Just wait until your opponent burns their hero ability and put him out. A sac lamb also works extremely well in this combo, as it will feed oggy.