Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I <3 your card art , I wish i had time to make the cards for my card ideas But still a great work man!

The rat guy is OP in my opinion , he can make crap of firesnake decks
    Last edited by RakOOn; 08-17-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    My "best" homemade decks : Graveyard raiser (Gravebone) Wrath of Erika | Boris deck
    My card ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    My badass skeleton mask is scaring off most people but it's gonna be difficult to eat through it, so there will be a brief period where my innocent face and bewildered expression shows I'm just a vulnerable tourist with a badass mask.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all: most (if not all) of these ideas are great. And not just because they have fancy art to go along with 'em. Excellent work!

Secondly: I agree that Wulven Call would be overpowered if it cost anything less than 6. I mean, as it is currently, playing it is like playing a Fireball and a Bad Wolf in the same turn. Playing those two cards separately would normally cost you 6 resources, but here you're getting them both into your hand at once, AND you have the added versatility of getting a Wulven Tracker instead, if you only happen to need the 3-damage attack.

Of course, there's a disadvantage in that the card is worthless once you've already drawn all your Wulven, but still--I think that dropping its cost to 5 would make it way too good.

Thirdly: Wouldn't Energy Barrier destroy itself? =P I guess there's no real precedent for "immune to abilities," so we don't know if it would remove currently existing abilities or not . . .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Note before you read: this is my personal post, not the expressed thoughts of the DT.

Really nice work overall!

This is just my opinion on the Wulven cards, so that you can do better if you try again later:

Dire Wulven (without the Moonstalker support) is going to die the turn you play it. Because of this, I don't think any Moonstalker would want to play it. the point of playing Moonstalker is havig allies that survive. knocking the stats down would be preferable to making it immune to the ability.

Wulven Call might work, and i agree that it's OP at 5cc, but perhaps removing one of the abilities to make it less complex, and then knocking it down to five, might be better. As a wulven player, my great dream (not necessarily anyone else's) is to make a Wulven deck that can function on 4-5 resources, and not need any than that. It eliminates so many problems, like the lack of Wulven card draw, since you don't sac as much, and at the same time, feels very wulven. Kinda lean and mean and living off the land.

That said, excellent job on everything! From art to card to exlanation.

Note: Again, this post doesn't have anything to do with the DT, and should not be construed as such. I am posting as a player.
    (former)Armored Space Fleet Member
    (former) Design Team Intern
    Physical Deck Theory
    Faolind's Game Map (strategy article)
    Awesome Tournament!!!!
    (And its results)
    I wrote for this tournament (Rogues and Hunters are mine)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello Faolind, thanks for your reaction

As I stated in my post, Wulven was for me the hardest class to create new (balanced) cards, because I nearly ever play them. All the other classes I have played lots of games with, but I never really liked Wulven a lot, of course I have played some Moonstalker (no solo, I hate millstalker so much that I would never give other the displeasure of playing against it) in 1.5 (and even some Darkclaw), but a lot less then the other classes.

But still, let me just counter argument your post a little. What people seem to forget is that the cards that I designed are ment to work together, the Direwulf has a cost of 4, making him the perfect candidate to use with Wulven Call. You call a 6 attack ally in with haste, it can kill a Raven/Brutal Minotaur/Plasma Behemont in one hit and help you get the board control back, and even if he dies next turn, he already did 6 damage AND took some hit/spell/ability. Also you can use it to kill your opponents hero faster OR to help with your drawing (bringing in Wulven Tracker).

I understand that you like a low cost wulven deck, but this is certainly not the only kind of deck you see out there, actualy I see a lot of (ally heavy) moonstalkers that go a lot higher and then start to drop things like 2 Shadow Knight or 2 Plasma's at once and hidding them. Also, the resource low decks are normaly ally light (or solo), so they would indeed not use this kind of cards anyway. (but that does not mean that they should not exist)

Anyway, this are of course still 'drafts' of cards, they would have to be tested a lot (as all new cards are) and probably some of them would have to be tweaked a little, and because I don't play wulven that much there is a higher chance that they would have to be tweaked.

Did you see the allies too? They are on the second page (I could not add more images to the first post, was on the forum limit)

@Alazzar: Thanks for the compliments on the cards The idea would be that all abilities used before the Energy Barrier would keep there effects, but after that, no new abilities would work anymore.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, I run ally heavy myself. I meant, what I would like to see is an "ally medium" wulven deck, that runs off Wulven synergies, etc.

I saw the allies, yes.

Good synergy example there. I was thinking to myself, "now if Wulven had portal..." and didn't notice there was one right there next to it.

I still think it would need tweaking, but I see your full idea now, thanks for explaining.

Signing out now,
    -Faolind
    (former)Armored Space Fleet Member
    (former) Design Team Intern
    Physical Deck Theory
    Faolind's Game Map (strategy article)
    Awesome Tournament!!!!
    (And its results)
    I wrote for this tournament (Rogues and Hunters are mine)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yet again, brilliant cards and awesome artwork...
    But Putrefied Zombie seems overpowered...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    whoa... what a nice concerted card...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice! Love all the artwork...
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lovely! Although that might not be the best word to go with the card art ;-)
    E2E | Professor of cunningness

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just noticed the new cards... Great as always

Wulven have just to copy / past
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK O______________________________________O

I LOVES YOUR AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You might want to start by changing your forum name