Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This might sound selfish, but I've always wanted to get into one of these games from the ground floor- rather after it's been running for a couple of years.

From a less self-centered perspective, I like the ability to play a game and not be stuck at my desktop in my home office. With my iPad I can take it to work, and play without fear of what I'm doing on the Company's computer. I can play at the coffee shop. Heck, I can play while half-listening to the news on the sofa.. I'm not chained to the desktop if I don't want to be. That's cool.

Of course awesome art and fun gameplay are also essential. At .99 cents the buy-in doesn't seem too fierce, and everybody loves the opportunity to earn some of your cards through playing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Actually I'm excited about the cross-platform support. You can play in the browser at work, continue on the iPhone on the commute home, then play the dedicated PC version with better resolution at home.
    This, and the fact it's a TCG.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The cards in packs are selected randomly, so of course there is a chance that you will get repeats. It will cost $0.99 for a pack of 15 random cards - 10 common, 3 uncommon, 1 rare or epic, and 1 hero card. Or you can buy packs with in-game gold earned through gameplay, selling your unwanted cards, or completing free "trial offers" from SuperRewards.
    Will the packs you buy with in game gold be the same as the .99 packs? Will it contain 10 common, 3 uncommon, 1 rare or epic, and 1 hero card? Also, will cards ever go rare? For example in Urban Rivals, they stop allowing people to get certain cards and then they become super rare are valuable. And can we sell cards to other players?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm looking forward to the stunning art (so far!) of the cards and hope that the gameplay and usability of apps and websites will be excellent as well!

I've been waiting too long already for an iOS version of Magic the Gathering Online to play on my couch or while away, so maybe shadowera could be the first great mobile CCG!

Fingers crossed!

Jens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Online challenge - pick another player to challenge, and play against their deck controlled by AI. The other player does not have to be online, but you have to be online to retrieve the list of players at your skill level, and their current deck. Think of this like a Mafia Wars type challenge.
    Wow!!!!

I skimmed over this when I first went through the FAQ. This is awesome! Because honestly, sometimes you want to play against another person and sometimes you don't want to put up with anybody's attitude. With this you get the best of both worlds.. And you're not just playing against a static starter AI opponent, but a much more fluid and nuanced AI.

Awesome feature!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Eney View Post
    I know there aren't many members on this forum yet but I would like to know what you all are most excited about. I'm excited about having the first real TCG on the iPhone, and it has amazing artwork too!
    Ya the artwork looks awesome, and polished. I'm anticipating getting to be beta tester and help the developer, idk why but I just love helping developers by peer editing their Applications
    *I am a game administrator on GraalOnline Classic iPhone as well as some servers on PC version*
    I love to beta test. I also own iTouchAppReviewers (We have YouTube, Twitter, and WordPress blog/website)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quick question: will there be a possibility to send text messages to your opponent? (of course, this requires a report button as well)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I know this may sound silly but if this game actually sells well would a real TCG be considered with tournaments and the likes?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, is there going to be an offline campain? Like, an epic story and pre-defined opponent decks?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm definitely excited about a fully-fledged TCG on my iPad, for sure. To be able to play it against others online will be a great bonus. I'm a little sheepish to say that the dangling carrot of "printed cards" is also a huge draw for me to learn the game.