Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

a tribute to DEUS EX

we just had deus ex mentioned in that other thread, and to not derail that,
    i decided to create this space...

lets praise deus ex for being the best game ever!

or discuss the best mods or any thoughts or ... whatever ...
    as long as it has any relation to deus ex

i would like to know which parts you played, and which part you like the most?

and i just learned from jazz that there is a game 'project snowblind' that is a spin-off of deus ex... (2005)
    (thanks so much for that... cant understand how i could miss that)

/me out to check options how to obtain a copy
    A1 Icebear: A1's Glacial Claws of Fury

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 to Deus Ex being a fucking amazing game and one of my favorite FPS of all time!

I've never heard of "project snowblind," but it sounds like a thing that I should know about (assuming it was of higher quality than Invisible War...lololol)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 to ducky

when INVISIBLE WAR came out i was extremely dissapointed cause they removed so much from the original (and of course i compared both games),
    and it could not stand the comparison at all...

nevertheless, many years have passed, and when i played DE-IW again last year (waiting for HR),
    i found it entertaining enough to finish it again.

so compared to the first or third part IW sucked,
    if not compared to the other DE parts, then it is a game that still beats many others

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    haha, I suppose that may be true. I was actually very impressed by HR, though! I was scared it might be just like IW, but it turns out it was a worthy addition to the lineup

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I've not played it, but I hear it's good. ^^^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Human Revolution is excellent. While I found some of the conversation a bit clunky*, and Adam's voice gave me the craps after a while, the combat is among the slickest I've ever played, the stealth mechanics are fantastic, and most importantly, the story is solid.

*Disclaimer: I say this because I am comparing to games like LA Noire and Mass Effect.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK, the mod for DX-IW I was talking about weighs about 140 Mbs, I can upload it for you, Icebear!

Project: Snowblind on the other hand is 1,4 Gbs.

And, guys, I love all the 4 games! They are different, but they are all awesome!
    Feel free to transfer SC to account TJ Jazz or PM a Redeem code to me!
    http://www.shadowera.com/?r=2386460

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    OK, the mod for DX-IW I was talking about weighs about 140 Mbs, I can upload it for you, Icebear!

Project: Snowblind on the other hand is 1,4 Gbs.

And, guys, I love all the 4 games! They are different, but they are all awesome!
    i will for sure test snowblind (but i guess it may be too much a pure fps, and less a sneaking/rpg non-linear multi-pathes possible thingie a la DE)

its available here for ~2$ + shipping, just need to wait till the weekend.

and ty for the will to upload the mod, for now i would be pleased if you let me know the mods name, then i should be able to find it (if not, i will remind you on this generous upload offer

btw. anyone knowing games that - either regarding the setting, or regarding game mechanics - could be compared to DE?

anything else that a DE fan should check out?

A1 Evolution in Theory

video
    download

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    i will for sure test snowblind (but i guess it may be too much a pure fps, and less a sneaking/rpg non-linear multi-pathes possible thingie a la DE)

and ty for the will to upload the mod, for now i would be pleased if you let me know the mods name, then i should be able to find it (if not, i will remind you on this generous upload offer

btw. anyone knowing games that - either regarding the setting, or regarding game mechanics - could be compared to DE?
    Yup, it's more about shooting things, but it has some interesting mechanics - things that were invented ahead of FEAR & Mass Effect!

EDIT: I believe it's the Unified Texture Pack, but there could a newer version of it as well! Hope, this helps!

Thief? Although it's not a dystopian future, just the Renaissance!
    Last edited by Jazz; 08-14-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Feel free to transfer SC to account TJ Jazz or PM a Redeem code to me!
    http://www.shadowera.com/?r=2386460

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Yup, it's more about shooting things, but it has some interesting mechanics - things that were invented ahead of FEAR & Mass Effect!

EDIT: I believe it's the Unified Texture Pack, but there could a newer version of it as well! Hope, this helps!

Thief? Although it's not a dystopian future, just the Renaissance!
    ok, mass effect of course also on my 'love it' list,
    though not as much as DE.

i never played fear, assume its not exactly my cup of tea (i played the first 2-3 levels at a friends place, and was not really interested in buying it)

and indeed i used the texture pack last year, actually i assumed you would be talking about a story/action/level mod (but those dont exist afaik... lack of an editor... oh... i spent sooo much time in DE originals editor... )

and i played thief and liked it, but will always prefer splinter cell over it

but - back to DE - except the game itself, mechanics, rewarding of sneaky playstyle, non-linearity, freedom of choice, etc. --- the future vision as presented in deus ex is what catches me most.

/conspiracy mode on

and actually i think we soon will be there (talking bout politics, economics, new distribution of powers more and more to multi-national banks and concerns/groups, revolts against that etc.,
    not bout implants, but we'll see if those also become reality.. and that all may as well happen sooner then expected)

it already has started imo...

noted how occupy already gets pushed towards and almost considered terrorism in some countries..?
    because they fight against that future...

/conspiracy mode off

A1 Evolution in Theory

video
    download