Close

View Poll Results: would you like to see interrupts?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 13.33%
  • no

26 86.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

interrupt magic??

So I know not everyone here has played Magic but I have, a lot. I really miss good interrupt magic. Counters, damage preventing abilities casted in the heat of battle, 1 damage dealers that can snipe out guys mid combat. Definitely something I would like to see. Let me know how you guys/gals all feel.

Cheers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No. That was a good facet of MtG...but i'd prefer they didnt implement interrupts and instants. I like true turn based nature of this game. I do stuff....end turn....your go. Its more chess like.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't compare shadow era with chess. Chess is a sport. This is a game.

And i agree, interrupts would be pretty mtg like.
    Last edited by A-K; 08-12-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well think to yourself. What can make the game different and longer lasting. I like knock down drag out battles. I'd love to see true multiplayer as well, or dual hero method so that you can combine tactics. Consider the fact that the way it is set it can become stale seeing the same combos over and over and over again. I played the squirrelly priest like 5 times in a row today. Tidal wave every time. Would have loved a counter in my back pocket. Kind of a bummer too when only mates can cast fireballs and no one can protect themselves. There definitely some benefits to instants that add to a more intriguing strategic battle. I for one, think it is silly to say,“oh well I can just use up all my resources" that extra strategy of saving some adds to it. Spellcasters think twice before casting, “oh snap he is saving 3 is he going to counter my fireball?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And this game is essentially MTG with no color and forced strategy. I mean there are only so many things you can do with a hero. Essentially you have each class as a color with their own spells. It's just watered down, while I do love the game, just feel like there is more to be desired. It is still new so maybe it will become more complicated. My hopes are that is the case

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi.I know not everyone plays on mobile but I do,a lot.I played MtG too and I miss interrupts.While it is good to have "controlled" interrupts here,no thanks too.It will drag the game more per action you make. There are already douches who stall the game and it is annoying.

If this is a "physical" game where in your opponent will actually react when you shout "well,are you countering,or not?",here, I dont think that will work.The best interaction here are traps so far.

and this is MtG without colors?you gotta to be kidding me.You basically sac the card as resource which you can actually use as resource.in MtG,if you have not enough lands in your hand you are basically screwed (that is why resource destruction is not that viable here). Here,you can basically directly attack the hero/player. I think this is more of a WoW tcg (I dont play that but they said the resource system is the same).
    Last edited by Berdugo; 08-12-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle and the previous designers have stated that the game will never have cards that are playable during the opponents turn in order to keep things simpler for those playing on mobile devices, particularly those with smaller screens. The closest we will have will be traps and trap-like effects (play a card, activate at some trigger during opponents turn) unless the new design team decides to make some major changes.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I don't like the idea of interrupts either. Because it will make the game longer. It will overcomplicate things. It is very annoying to bash "skip phase" all the time or wait those 10 seconds for phase to end and then realize that you should've hit "stop".

And this game is not MtG, it's WoW tcg.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Anyone remember Stall Vor'na from WoW TCG? Or even worse, Stall Varanis?

I think people do not want that. I liked both decks but I'm pretty sure people do not like playing against them.