Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    a single Sandworm maybe is not a real threat, but two or three? they are really annoying.. they oneshot every snake u cast, and consume the DoU durability.. never had problems with them?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's noy an ally i enjoy to see summoned, but doesn't give me much problem. They use DoU durabilityn but if you can use it on two allies it already worth to cast it, and if they kill the firesnake, it's all good, your opponent use a 5cc ally to kill a 1cc ally, now that's a bad tempo for him.

As to how i deal with them, i usually kill the first even if it cost me Majiya's ability + 2 Fireball, or Majiya's ability + LS and the next turn Super Nova (killing other allies summoned on their turn), if i don't have all these spells i have a PB, so i just summon it, the opponent will likely use Sandworms to kill him if he can, using abilities like Crippling Blow, Arrows, ect.. At best he won't kill the PB and i have a free Fireball next turn, at worst he wasted a turn on my PB, wasn't able to summon an other Sandworm, and i can summon an other PB or some winnies, meanwhile my ressources grow, i keep my Gargoyle and DMT to hit the hero, and can start to go for the thoat on the next turn for the win.

Like i said on the OP, go for board control early game T1~T6 (kill the first Sandworms is in it) dealing few damages to the hero, and switch to go for the throat from T7. I never give a chance to my opponent to summon an other Sandworm or if he does it, then that mean he left me having full board control and his hero took lots of damages early and will be killed easily with spells.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is there any reason you prefer Fire Snake over Brutalis?
    Brutalis accomplishes the same tasks as fire snake and has enough durability to usually draw out ally destruction or focus from more than one of your opponent's allies/abilities. I haven't tested it yet, but the only disadvantage he may have is that Fire Snake can be summoned with an extra resource you may not otherwise use, which happens often, actually. Quite honestly though, I would rather have 2-3 Brutalis in my opening hand than 2-3 Fire Snakes. Not to mention top decking situations, which can still happen, even with all of the drawing power available. It doesn't appear to me that it could throw off any tempo you may have, the only 2cc card here is Tome Of Knowledge and you usually aren't able to use it until mid-to-late game anyway. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by qzwoiv; 09-06-2012 at 04:49 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ill give a try.....

Lets hope
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK O______________________________________O

I LOVES YOUR AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You might want to start by changing your forum name

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qzwoiv View Post
    Is there any reason you prefer Fire Snake over Brutalis?
    Brutalis accomplishes the same tasks as fire snake and has enough durability to usually draw out ally destruction or focus from more than one of your opponent's allies/abilities. I haven't tested it yet, but the only disadvantage he may have is that Fire Snake can be summoned with an extra resource you may not otherwise use, which happens often, actually. Quite honestly though, I would rather have 2-3 Brutalis in my opening hand than 2-3 Fire Snakes. Not to mention top decking situations, which can still happen, even with all of the drawing power available. It doesn't appear to me that it could throw off any tempo you may have, the only 2cc card here is Tome Of Knowledge and you usually aren't able to use it until mid-to-late game anyway. What are your thoughts?
    The reasons why i prefer Firesnake to Brutalis with this deck are:

1- Firesnake can be summoned T1, so Kris and Birgitte are dead meat quickly. And if your opponent wants to Santa Bomb, you get more cards, when i play with other deck i sometimes don't use my Bad Santa if i see my opponent going second summoning something.

2- In most of my games i prefer cast a Tome of Knowledge T2 for the reason explained in the OP, and for more explanation, i usually go with T3 ally/Fireball depending of wo went first and what are the allies sumoned by the opponent, T4 Lightning Strike, T5 ally+Tome of Knowledge ability.

3- If top decking, a Brutalis won't help you more than a Firasnake cause top decking with Majiya happens only in late game. But that doesn't happens really often, or when it happens you already have control. Only a good Serena can make you struggle to draw cards.

4- In late game, you have one unused ressource and a Firesnake in hand, use it. Also using Shriek destroy you a ressource and it's easier to summon a Firesnake than a Brutalis then.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Americas Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    WOW, this guide really works! I've been running this deck with a few minor changes (no firesnakes or sever ties) and was able to easily get above 300 rating. Is Mejiya that overpowered?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good read, will try out!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo5536 View Post
    Is Mejiya that overpowered?
    No. The deck is good.

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Off-topic:
    Kent, has your english improved? Or is it only me who thinks that it has?
    (this is no troll it came to my mind reading this)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    The reasons why i prefer Firesnake to Brutalis with this deck are:

1- Firesnake can be summoned T1, so Kris and Birgitte are dead meat quickly. And if your opponent wants to Santa Bomb, you get more cards, when i play with other deck i sometimes don't use my Bad Santa if i see my opponent going second summoning something.

2- In most of my games i prefer cast a Tome of Knowledge T2 for the reason explained in the OP, and for more explanation, i usually go with T3 ally/Fireball depending of wo went first and what are the allies sumoned by the opponent, T4 Lightning Strike, T5 ally+Tome of Knowledge ability.

3- If top decking, a Brutalis won't help you more than a Firasnake cause top decking with Majiya happens only in late game. But that doesn't happens really often, or when it happens you already have control. Only a good Serena can make you struggle to draw cards.

4- In late game, you have one unused ressource and a Firesnake in hand, use it. Also using Shriek destroy you a ressource and it's easier to summon a Firesnake than a Brutalis then.
    Hi there, ive been struggling with what do pack vs ally rush as a cheap card (i use GB, similar sort of deck...)

Pretty much the early game is never a problem as a shadow mage. And its rare to see a full human rush these days.

However its the pure human rush, birgitte, blake, aldon that gives me grief:

Brutalis - dies to this.
    Fire snake - still dies to this going second. At least birgitte was hit for 1 and can be pinged with dmt to open up for LS on t4.
    Flayer - seems a natural counter to this. But sucks v shadow (auto sac).

For a while i was using flayer, its great to stop a human rush but sucks v shadow. But then i found some high rank Amber's using Dirk as their t2 drop... Rendering flayer useless... So i switched back to brut.

Now after reading what u say i might go to FS. At least i can sometimes get FS and ToK out. Although i might just sac him v shadow... Hes just food for gargs and brut + dmt.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TJ FarqTheOrc - killer of gnomes.

Who needs mulligans when you always draw a good hand?

--== Team Juggernauts ==--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~