Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To the DT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

To the DT

Hey there folks!

I've been thinking about this for a while. You guys are working pretty hard, as far as I can tell. And I really like those updates.

However, I wanted to comment on something...

You're not really giving any information!

Here's what I mean:

Thus far, you've updated your views on balancing, et cetera. While it's great that you talk about all this to show your work, tiny leaks keep people more interested. What do I mean tiny leak?

Well that's pretty easy!

Some things like possible card art, or possible final editions. You won't bore the community if you only half release certain things. Sure, nothing is final, but if you really wanted to stir up debate or interest, you would show little bits.

Kind of like a striptease, right? The best ones show a little bit, but not much at all.

Last time, you exposed waaaay too much. Now? You're exposing too little in my opinion. Either way kind of kills interest. I can honestly say I'm not very interested in spending my money in the expansion. I have no interest in the game, or keeping my skills sharp. I have no interest in practicing, or getting foils, et cetera.

Give us a little something. Leaking like a sieve ruins interest. Zero leaks ruins interest. There's a middle ground you know. I only check your updates to see "hey, did they release anything? Can I have some idea of what could possibly be in store for me?" But nope.

Nothing.

I'm bored.

tl:dr version:

This is you:

This is what i'd like you to look like:

This is NOT what I'm asking you to look like:

Make sense?
    Last edited by GS; 08-10-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think, some of the new pictures in blog are potentially new card art.

But I agree with you, we need some actual cards leak. I mean they afraid that people will start yelling at them: "This is OP!" or "This is useless!". But it's called community interactions.

I want to see some discussion going. So far I see game stagnating, forum stagnating. Looks like Wulven dropped the ball on SE (I certainly hope that they didn't).

So give us something to speculate on, something to bite our lips in anticipation. A little bit of drama it's ok, it's better than hibernation.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why they dont wont to give us something to discuss about? The only answer i can find its:
    They promised to release it on summer and as soon they cant keep the promise about release date they just post some history, some cards backgrounds..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK O______________________________________O

I LOVES YOUR AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You might want to start by changing your forum name

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Asgard View Post
    Why they dont wont to give us something to discuss about? The only answer i can find its:
    They promised to release it on summer and as soon they cant keep the promise about release date they just post some history, some cards backgrounds..
    I had a conversation with Nachyo way back, he said that it will cause drama if they change the card. But who cares? Cards being changed even when they are on public test server.

@GS

I liked your post better before edit.

Greatness, Reborn

You're the best Unruler!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    I had a conversation with Nachyo way back, he said that it will cause drama if they change the card. But who cares? Cards being changed even when they are on public test server.
    The thing is...well, take this card for example:

Unruler's Snake
    1cc
    When Unruler's Snake is summoned, Unruler wins the game even if he is not playing.
    1/1

Now, if it gets decided that doesn't work right, the DT might change it to something like:

Unruler's Snake
    1cc
    When Unruler's Snake is summoned, Unruler wins the game but ONLY if he is not playing.
    1/1

Sure, they do this stuff on test server all the time and whatnot. Some drama may ensue, but whatever. Thing is, what if they need to change it to this:

Unruler's Happy Hat
    3cc
    Hero Attachment - Unruler
    Target Unruler's hero has its art changed to be wearing a TF2 hat while Unruler's Happy Hat is attached. Unruler becomes happy until Unruler's Happy Hat leaves play.

Well now they've just gone back on the implied promise from when they spoiled the card! If a card that was spoiled doesn't show up in the final set, that will be a major disappointment for people, so they don't want to risk it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im starting understand now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK O______________________________________O

I LOVES YOUR AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You might want to start by changing your forum name

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It doesn't make sense if they fear drama when they are purposely hyping up the game and trying to keep interest. Drama keeps interest better than anything else does.

Who cares if people bitch about card leaks being OP or useless. You have a test server to test things on. Use it.

If you try to cater to everybody, chances are the game will be unbalanced in the end. Most probably the most vocal "drama queens" and/or whiners write before they think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Asgard View Post
    In the past, when they released too much there was a TON of drama, everyone got upset about op cards, it was stressful all around and utter chaos.

I think they're a little gun-shy this time around but they need to figure out the middle ground.

@GS

I liked your post better before edit.
    Eh. I added the pics because some people really won't read it unless they see pictures. Call it illustrating my point.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    The thing is...well, take this card for example:

Unruler's Snake
    1cc
    When Unruler's Snake is summoned, Unruler wins the game even if he is not playing.
    1/1

Now, if it gets decided that doesn't work right, the DT might change it to something like:

Unruler's Snake
    1cc
    When Unruler's Snake is summoned, Unruler wins the game but ONLY if he is not playing.
    1/1

Sure, they do this stuff on test server all the time and whatnot. Some drama may ensue, but whatever. Thing is, what if they need to change it to this:

Unruler's Happy Hat
    3cc
    Hero Attachment - Unruler
    Target Unruler's hero has its art changed to be wearing a TF2 hat while Unruler's Happy Hat is attached. Unruler becomes happy until Unruler's Happy Hat leaves play.

Well now they've just gone back on the implied promise from when they spoiled the card! If a card that was spoiled doesn't show up in the final set, that will be a major disappointment for people, so they don't want to risk it.
    It's not a promise at all. You're looking at it the wrong way.

Here's what you do:

"Hey folks, here's some neat card art we are thinking about for the priest class! Keep in mind, it's not final and may be changed if we find something better. Let us know if it's really terrible or really pretty. We think it's awesome!"

Or

"Hey folks! Look at this card text we have for this new hero's class ally. Isn't it cool? Yeah, we know. It could be op, and it might be changed. In fact, we could scrap it entirely, but we thought you'd like a peek on what we're doing. A little taste so you're all eager for later on!"

Or even

"Hey folks, by no means is this a final card. But we understand things are taking a while. So with balance in mind, here's a story behind this card. We really probaly will change it and the content, but doesn't it look so cool? Isn't the concept interesting? How would you make it better, give us some ideas!"

A well moderated thread such as that to avoid potential downward spirals would provide EXCELLENT interest, and spawn sister threads, tangent threads, give members ideas of their own for cards.

Seriously.

Stop being so f**king gunshy.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, just have a disclaimer. And it's ok that some people will become upset, you can't keep everyone happy.

Greatness, Reborn

You're the best Unruler!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, just have a disclaimer. And it's ok that some people will become upset, you can't keep everyone happy.
    Pretty much my point. Not everyones going to be happy, but you'll have debates, conversation. And that will draw interest, make people play games.

Otherwise, you're going to finally release the expansion later... and people will be all "meh. With all that went on, I thought it would be really epic. I'm kind of let down here..."
    Signature for rent.