Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the feedback =)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd probably watch it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The question is whether that player would watch such a tutorial anyway. There are thousands upon thousands of replays available to watch and learn from already, and the basic tutorial you get when you first face the AI does the job for learning the rules.

All that said, if some individual or guild wants to put together a video series aimed at helping people play better, then I'd get behind that. Something like the Minecraft tutorials by paulsoaresjr, but for Shadow Era, would likely be very useful and hopefully entertaining.
    I suggest selling pre-built competitive decks to newbies with a brief tutorial about the mechanism of the purchased deck.

For example, you may sell a Jericho ember deck for 20 dollar so that a new player can kickstart with a fairly competitive deck in lower ranks. He then can learn from the tutorial about how to use ember to regain health and attack at the same time and learn to avoid casting on exaltation.

With the introduction of LL, I can feel that it is now extremely difficult for newcomers to kickstart. I have tried to introduce SE to friends but they are kind of intimidated by the sheer number of card. And they soon get frustrated when they know that most of their cards in the first free deck are actually rubbish.

So you need to provide them with pre built competitive decks that are relevant to the latest changes of the game. You may even sell champion deck or highest score deck.

By doing this, I am sure:
    SE's player base will grow
    Wulven has one more income source without much extra effort.
    People become more willing to introduce SE to friends.
    IGN KA Wongtinlong or Wongheungwing
    Highest Scoring Player of Seasons 28 and 29
    Favorite hero : Jericho when I use him
    Hero I hate the most : Jericho when others use him
    I have 2 full sets of SE digital cards to prepare for the 2 v 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by wongheungwing View Post
    I suggest selling pre-built competitive decks to newbies with a brief tutorial about the mechanism of the purchased deck.

For example, you may sell a Jericho ember deck for 20 dollar so that a new player can kickstart with a fairly competitive deck in lower ranks. He then can learn from the tutorial about how to use ember to regain health and attack at the same time and learn to avoid casting on exaltation.

With the introduction of LL, I can feel that it is now extremely difficult for newcomers to kickstart. I have tried to introduce SE to friends but they are kind of intimidated by the sheer number of card. And they soon get frustrated when they know that most of their cards in the first free deck are actually rubbish.

So you need to provide them with pre built competitive decks that are relevant to the latest changes of the game. You may even sell champion deck or highest score deck.

+1
    The Holy Knight of Phoenixia
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As a new player I can say that is an excellent idea!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback.

We're working on a new tutorial and also new starter decks (one per non-Legendary hero). The tutorial wasn't going to be per hero, but I agree that would be really valuable to people. It's a question of how we prioritise the work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha View Post
    As a new player I can say that is an excellent idea!
    I ask this important question for Wulven :

Are you willing to pay 20 bucks for a pre built champion deck that is based on the actual deck used by the world champion last year with a little adjustment to adapt to Lost Land expansion?

Suppose this deck can help you win 7 matches out of 10 in below 250 ranking, do you think it is worth 20 dollars?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Are you willing to pay 20 bucks for a pre built champion deck that is based on the actual deck used by the world champion last year with a little adjustment to adapt to Lost Land expansion?
    Why are you asking Wulven that question?

EDIT: Oh, you're asking our players (on our behalf) to answer it for us.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Suppose this deck can help you win 7 matches out of 10 in below 250 ranking, do you think it is worth 20 dollars?
    l

Um that's a little off topic, but you can get the deck list for free here on the forums and as far as it being worth $20 , well, I think you can invest that $20 and get quite a few WC decks. (Buying Rakkia decks, selling cards and buying the ones you need to make those decks)

But as a one off promotion, I can see people buying it, (not knowing that it's the pilot of the deck that means the most).

Now, to the topic.

A tutorial would have helped me greatly when I started in CotC days. I think that can be built into the campaign , but there are so many terms and conditions that cards cover, I'm not sure it could or should go past the basics of casting, hero abilities, ally abilities and so forth. I mean it could drag on for days if you got into abilities, attachments , artifacts, weapons, armor, draw, .......
    You get my point,
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    l

Um that's a little off topic, but you can get the deck list for free here on the forums and as far as it being worth $20 , well, I think you can invest that $20 and get quite a few WC decks. (Buying Rakkia decks, selling cards and buying the ones you need to make those decks)

But as a one off promotion, I can see people buying it, (not knowing that it's the pilot of the deck that means the most).

Now, to the topic.

A tutorial would have helped me greatly when I started in CotC days. I think that can be built into the campaign , but there are so many terms and conditions that cards cover, I'm not sure it could or should go past the basics of casting, hero abilities, ally abilities and so forth. I mean it could drag on for days if you got into abilities, attachments , artifacts, weapons, armor, draw, .......
    You get my point,
    How about the following features?

4 epic foils or alternate arts, to be chosen by the users. The PAC market price is 5 apiece. So 20 for a pre built deck with 4 foils is a bargain. This item, of course, can only be purchased by new player accounts.

Two 50 card decks that consist of a total of 75 cards. Users can stick with their preferred deck or shift to another playing style without the need of further payment

A deck specific interactive tutorial

A sleeve or playmat

A list of recommended further card purchase so that newbies will not waste gold on the wrong cards