Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not that moon is too difficult to beat. It's more like the manner in which you play him. Moon plays like he doesn't care what you do. Gwen also to a lesser degree after they setup their ITF chains. Painfulsmile likes games where there is more interaction between the players and the cards they play. For instance, a victor vs another victor! Fun.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Everyone complaining like a little kid is bad and should learn to play or GTFO.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You forgot to complain about merchant running out of stock.
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My only beef is the ranking system.

If you're 290+, a lot of the times you rank with people a lot under your rank. So the outcome is if you win, you gain 0-1 rank, but if you lose, you lose 1-3 rank. You have to hope that match-making doesn't pair you up against someone lower rank to gain rank. And this should even be a factor for gaining rank!

But other than that, this game is pretty fun, and inexpensive. Even though up in 290+ rank, you'll run into Amber Rain about one in every five games. Balance needs a tad more work, or we can just wait for the new release and see how that balances. I'd give this game a 4.5/5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the game is not bad, I found it fun.

But after the latest update, the draw mechanism is fucked up. Sorry for the language, but I believe it is the perfect word for it. Say, I played Amber with 4 JD and 4 Rusties, cast BF, and after the deck was halved, I only pulled 1 Rusty and no BF... Or when I play Zal with 4 MCs and 4 SF, 18 cards left in deck and I only pulled a single SF. And no, they aren't the only two examples.
    Had a major internal discussion and turned out that I am not the only one who experienced this fucked up draw.

But I kept playing. I still enjoy the game, but always blame the luck. See, someone told me that I need to revise my deck. I said "SHUT YOUR FUCK OFF!", well, that deck was wrecking havoc back in the day before the latest update launched. It has a fairly good winning streak of 8-9 wins before an Elad break it off, and again had a good 8-9 winning streak again.

I kept playing but then I came to an assumption that my opponent can somehow hack into the system and arranges my draw mechanism to give me the least card I need to play. or gives me 5 cards of 4-5cc on the first hand. It happens often, even when I have 16 cards of 2cc and 3cc allies in deck, and yet failed to draw these 2-3cc cards until T4.

And then, today, as just right before I post this useless wall of words (I know that Wulven will not look into this, because they seems to busy with post-physical launch, and any other projects they have except Shadow Era), I got the WiFi icon, saying that I don't have the internet connection. FUCK YOU WIFI ICON! I can still browse the net and chat over the iRC. Well, you know the rest, I was lost. Ah well, Wulven...

Nah, I'm good. But it's good to know that I can forgive Wulven for every flaws they had. As said, they are a little organisation who manage multiple projects. So yeah, when things went south, I can only say "Well, that's Wulven for you." At least I'm smiling

ps: for those who says that MS is that easy to beat, I have one thing to say "Play non-mages hero!" Using brainless rush Elad all the time will win you matches, but doesn't make you a good SE player. Just a great brainless Elad player who always goes T1 Kris, T2 Puwen, T3 PotL, T4 Aldon, T4 FB FB NOVA LS FB NOVA WIN GG KTHXBYE,,, Great player indeed...
    Last edited by DjakartaXue; 08-08-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    luck luck luck, give me luck,,,
    eternal tribute creation: the fire snake,,,

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A wall of whine ending in a very poor assumption. Zhanna and Lance have a ton of fun against MC. Zal too. Gwenn with timing is also a winner. Considering my winning rate vs MS I actually can't understand the hype.

Straight to the point: whining about loosing to a sub par hero in an otherwise relevant post (hack and disconnect, even if you make it sound worse than it is) ruins your message (if you ever truly had one).
    Priest since 1992
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually thought once that there was a shuffle bug around but honestly, after I made a bit of research about it, I figured out there isn't one. Yes I might not be able to draw the cards I need to but that's life.

When I played WoW, a guy told me once that he played a combo deck and had his most important card x4 at the very bottom of his deck. The last 4 cards were 4x of that single card and that was the only card that allowed him to win the game with the deck. Can't really blame a shuffle bug in a physical card game...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you play enough games you'll see that very crappy hands happen all the time, in every game that has a draw mechanism. Perfect ones too. Got a perfect draw at mah jong just last weekend and that's way more rare than a all 5cc hand.
    Priest since 1992
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That's because you don't praise Firesnake enough, he's angry at you, DJ.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reading Grumbaki's posts made me smile. Ah well

Anyway, maybe Unruler is right. I got punished because I removed my firesnake signature... I hope I am not forever condemned
    Gotta rewrite my pledge to firesnake again....
    luck luck luck, give me luck,,,
    eternal tribute creation: the fire snake,,,