Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Copastetic View Post

Oh well, every little bit helps. Instead of buying that extra McDonald's burger, spend that $2.00 on some Crystals! It's healthier and a better investment in the long run provided you keep interest in the game.
    +1. I could have been a fat fat man with all the burgers my SE spending would have bought me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    ROFL, great analogy.

I'm sure these features will come in time. But they really do need to be added by the end of the year (at the latest) with SE's real competitions on the digital scene starting to pop up.
    +1000. Wulven need to get a move on. Garfield is working on something big that looks like it will really push SE for the mantle...
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post

QM is boring because people only use the most obvious cookie cutter decks. Play in tourney and you see tons of creativity.

I'm sure that most people that play this game are not hardcore gamers, they are people that play this on their mobile device. I'm also sure that most of them don't ever register or even view these forums. Once they realize that 7 out of 10 times they are going to play against the same deck that owns them 9 out of 10 times, the game gets boring. I doubt they are then going to seek tournament play. I don't think its fair to expect people to join a guild or enter tournaments to enjoy the game.

I'm not complaining about the game here, it's young and still developing. And I'm not even complaining about the all the people who play this game and use portal maj. Just look at the top 20. All of them are maj and zal. Boring. The problem is the current ranking machine encourages this system. If the reward for playing a lower tier hero was balanced in comparison to playing a top tier hero then the hero distribution would diversify. This is of course a very difficult thing to do as each hero is not set in its tier but is dependent on the currently available cards. Therefore maybe we should all stop complaining about a game that isn't even finished yet.

A short term solution may be to allow a person to save several deck builds for an individual hero. Before a match you would select a specific hero. Then you would be notified of the class you are facing and allowed a few seconds to choose from among the decks you have saved for the specific hero you selected. This would allow builds that can be teched out against each other. This of course creates its own problems, but at least those problems would be more interesting than the ones we are facing now.
    Last edited by Jets; 08-11-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm sure that most people that play this game are not hardcore gamers, they are people that play this on their mobile device. I'm also sure that most of them don't ever register or even view these forums. Once they realize that 7 out of 10 times they are going to play against the same deck that owns them 9 out of 10 times, the game gets boring. I doubt they are then going to seek tournament play. I don't think its fair to expect people to join a guild or enter tournaments to enjoy the game.

I'm not complaining about the game here, it's young and still developing. And I'm not even complaining about the all the people who play this game and use portal maj. Just look at the top 20. All of them are maj and zal. Boring. The problem is the current ranking machine encourages this system. If the reward for playing a lower tier hero was balanced in comparison to playing a top tier hero then the hero distribution would diversify. This is of course a very difficult thing to do as each hero is not set in its tier but is dependent on the currently available cards. Therefore maybe we should all stop complaining about a game that isn't even finished yet.

A short term solution may be to allow a person to save several deck builds for an individual hero. Before a match you would select a specific hero. Then you would be notified of the class you are facing and allowed a few seconds to choose from among the decks you have saved for the specific hero you selected. This would allow builds that can be teched out against each other. This of course creates its own problems, but at least those problems would be more interesting than the ones we are facing now.
    If you play a game casually and enjoy it then win or lose it doesn't matter because that's all the game is to you: some pretty card art to fill up downtime. If a person wants to improve and experience the game on a higher level then he has to put the work into it: get in the forum check some guides, go to blogs, watch youtube vids, join a guild. A casual gamer is always gonna be a casual gamer and if you try to make changes to cater casuals and make them at the same level with those who want to improve on this game. You get something like what WoW is now: homogenized, dumbed down, imbalanced.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jose View Post
    If you play a game casually and enjoy it then win or lose it doesn't matter because that's all the game is to you: some pretty card art to fill up downtime. If a person wants to improve and experience the game on a higher level then he has to put the work into it: get in the forum check some guides, go to blogs, watch youtube vids, join a guild. A casual gamer is always gonna be a casual gamer and if you try to make changes to cater casuals and make them at the same level with those who want to improve on this game. You get something like what WoW is now: homogenized, dumbed down, imbalanced.
    And WoW is by far the most commercially successful game of all time so I don't think your comparison is valid as far as devs are concerned. That's besides the point because I'm not asking for a dumbed down game, I'm asking for the opposite. The problem with this game isn't that the learning/skill curve is too high, its that a select few deck styles are overplayed (b/c they dominate most everything else). Regardless of experience level that makes a boring game. The issue isn't about putting the time in to become a better player, its that QM is an invalid form of play. So you all are saying join guilds and play tournaments. That's cool. Reality is that the staggering majority of matches played are through QM so whether you like it or not the success or failure of the digital version of this game relies on the quality of casual QM play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    And WoW is by far the most commercially successful game of all time so I don't think your comparison is valid as far as devs are concerned. That's besides the point because I'm not asking for a dumbed down game, I'm asking for the opposite. The problem with this game isn't that the learning/skill curve is too high, its that a select few deck styles are overplayed (b/c they dominate most everything else). Regardless of experience level that makes a boring game. The issue isn't about putting the time in to become a better player, its that QM is an invalid form of play. So you all are saying join guilds and play tournaments. That's cool. Reality is that the staggering majority of matches played are through QM so whether you like it or not the success or failure of the digital version of this game relies on the quality of casual QM play.
    You guys DO realize that SE is nothing more than a “dumbed down version" of MTG right? If you want to really make the game interesting you need to add wayyyyyyyy more neutral abilities/spells. There needs to be an option of defending against spells. The imbalance here is simply amazing. And the OP is right, luck is a huuuuge factor. And I am so tired of seeing. The same combos over and over again. I played against four priests in a row today and lost the same way every single time. So if they were to add say, instant abilities, damage mitigating abilities, etc it may be more interesting with not much significant change. The resource system is laughable. There is almost no thought behind it at all. I hate to keep referring back to MTG but lets face it, the most successfully TCG d deserves some “props" here. The color resource system keeps thing remarkably well balanced. The class structure limits what people can and cannot do, and while that inherently sounds like a balancing act, it is essentially causing the pendulum to swing more violently in the direction of the heroes with the most powerful combos. So hmm, I'm rambling. Discussion continue. Feel free to rip me for comparing your precious SE to MT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgvet View Post
    You guys DO realize that SE is nothing more than a “dumbed down version" of MTG right? If you want to really make the game interesting you need to add wayyyyyyyy more neutral abilities/spells. There needs to be an option of defending against spells. The imbalance here is simply amazing. And the OP is right, luck is a huuuuge factor. And I am so tired of seeing. The same combos over and over again. I played against four priests in a row today and lost the same way every single time. So if they were to add say, instant abilities, damage mitigating abilities, etc it may be more interesting with not much significant change. The resource system is laughable. There is almost no thought behind it at all. I hate to keep referring back to MTG but lets face it, the most successfully TCG d deserves some “props" here. The color resource system keeps thing remarkably well balanced. The class structure limits what people can and cannot do, and while that inherently sounds like a balancing act, it is essentially causing the pendulum to swing more violently in the direction of the heroes with the most powerful combos. So hmm, I'm rambling. Discussion continue. Feel free to rip me for comparing your precious SE to MT
    I get the rambling part, probably u've lost some games due to bad draws / bad decks / bad plays but couldn't resist ripping u a tiny bit:

- This is not MtG; either u get this out of your mind and start being productive or just stop playing..nobody is forcing you to play "our precious SE"
    - SE is a relatively recent game, how can you possibly complain about its lack of depth and compare it to something that has been around for decades?
    - Luck is NOT a huge factor, it is a factor but if you blame luck for your losses then you're seeing things the wrong way...try building decks that have good chances to win no matter the draws / who goes first

I will agree with you on the 'limited' styles of play for the moment, do keep in mind that they're bringing in 150 extra cards..and they'll keep on doing that so that the game can get the depth you so need..if you stick around our precious se..
    Last edited by ayaribas; 08-12-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    RS Ayaribas - OlivTree
    High council member

Who we are & how to join us:
    Rising Sun guild thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgvet View Post
    And the OP is right, luck is a huuuuge factor...seeing the same combos over and over again. I played against four priests in a row today and lost the same way every single time.
    So luck is a huuuuuge factor due to the incredible consistency that you've been experiencing?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    So luck is a huuuuuge factor due to the incredible consistency that you've been experiencing?
    master of ninja comments you
    RS Ayaribas - OlivTree
    High council member

Who we are & how to join us:
    Rising Sun guild thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Darn contsant luck always ruining my game
    Fallen Warrior

A Soldier of Fortune

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I invite any and all of you to challenge me. The point I was making was not one where I do not like the game but one where I was offering my suggestions on how the current product can be built upon. That being said I can understand where my frustrated tone did imply that I did not like the game. I am new to be honest and do enjoy it, just hoping for more diversity as the game progresses. I honestly hope that it catches on and grows very large so that there is room for improvement. Thanks for listening. Challenege me. Mtgvet on server