Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

I have lost interest in this game.

Why? Here's my thoughts.

1: No event stuff. Many other more lackluster games, that require way less brainpower to play such as dark summoner and rage of bahamut, have constant events. It keeps you addicted and always collecting.

2: asshole players. You can't really fix this other than to add a concede button so you can be a dick and quit before they get to rub in their luck win.

3: Which reminds me. Luck. I really hate luck. All my decks, I try to mitigate luck as much as possible. The luck factor in this game is way too huge, it needs some sort of mitigating factor, such as search cards or a mulligan.

4: No teamwork cooperative atmospheres. Say what you will about guilds, but in the end it's all "my deck is better than yours" and you still have to fight friends to get a win. There's nothing cooperative in shadow era aside from deck sharing/training together. There needs to be an incentive to that end.

That said, here's my proposed solutions re: events, guilds.

1: events. How do you add events to a card game where you can get a ton for cheap or free? Simple. Add a specialized campaign for x days or x weeks, where the prizes can be... FOILS. Now that we have foils, we can theoretically use those as prizes instead of sc, which costs wulven more money. Or even "win x battles in y amount of time" events. Try to mitigate the fact the players will have luck wins and losses.

2: guilds. Sure, we have guilds. They share cards. Whee? Really, they're full of drama, A1 especially. So perhaps some sort of ingame mechanism that benefits members that are in a guild. Such as a guild bank, inside guild trading, "structures" (never, ever underestimate the power of having the biggest e-penis in the game) and a lineup similar to the challenge we have going on now. Ie, have the guild desginate 10 players or so in a lineup, using the ai and their custom decks or be live, your choice, and they defend a set prize.

Oh, and guild vs guild combat, where guild members can duel vs each other and gather points for their win, which would be a prize that both sides invested sc in. Or hell, medals/trophies.

To limit this, there would be a hard cap for inner guild members. Ie, ingame the cap for member size would be 30 or so.

So there you have it, these things would probably get me interested in SE again. Or even bother with a guild and all the drama involved in it.

Ps: I tried to email kyle directly about this, and pmed gdc with something similiar, but not much of a response either way. Here's hoping this thread gets more attention.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im just waiting for the expansion....

Cant say much about events (i wont win anyway so i dont care )
    About guild, as u said time ago A1 is just recluting the top gamers so ofc its a full drama (but even if u change game the history will be the same). I used to play other TGC and last month i came back on SE, registred on forum, joined a guild and having fun...i just suggest to make more team tournaments instead to make the boring 32 players tourney. At least this will help stick each other..maybe i dont know everything about this game but till i have fun ill keep play it.

Thats it
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK O______________________________________O

I LOVES YOUR AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You might want to start by changing your forum name

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Asgard View Post
    Im just waiting for the expansion....

Cant say much about events (i wont win anyway so i dont care )
    About guild, as u said time ago A1 is just recluting the top gamers so ofc its a full drama (but even if u change game the history will be the same). I used to play other TGC and last month i came back on SE, registred on forum, joined a guild and having fun...i just suggest to make more team tournaments instead to make the boring 32 players tourney. At least this will help stick each other..maybe i dont know everything about this game but till i have fun ill keep play it.

Thats it
    For events:

Of course you would win *something* by parcipicating. That's the whole draw to it.

For guilds:

I was in A1 myself. The drama over there far outweighed any benefit I saw to stay in there. That says something! Tj isn't quite the same caliber, but considerably less dramatic.

Team tournaments: that would be part of the events thing. A team tournament event built ingame, where you're randomly assigned a partner, etc.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Some good points here.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i would like it if there was a guild points leaderboard. Of course that would require a LOT of work to keep track of every duel between guilds but it would be awesome. I think it can be made easier by adding in game guild tags. I think thats the only way.
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with a lot of the points made here, in my opinion they would definitely be positive changes.
    Team Juggernaut's Boastful Warrior!
    Insert witty comment here, Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wanna try your hand at some of the hardest riddles known to man? See my thread of riddles!
    Wanna see some awesome decks? See my complete deck list! (all heroes)
    Wanna be a Juggernaut? Start by applying for TJX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Freak View Post
    i would like it if there was a guild points leaderboard. Of course that would require a LOT of work to keep track of every duel between guilds but it would be awesome. I think it can be made easier by adding in game guild tags. I think thats the only way.

+100000 for guild ranks

Edit: an idea would be if every guild post (each month) an average rating of their guild mates...lets say if we are in 2 active players and we have 100 and 300 ratings our guild will get rank ~200 for this month... (thats as example cuz i suck in math).. But the most problem will be that not every one is honest on put the scores...this is just an idea cuz i belive Wulven have already a lot of work to do to start set ranks for guilds...
    Last edited by Queen of Asgard; 08-05-2012 at 06:07 AM.

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Freak View Post
    Ingame guild tags wouldn't be too hard to implement with this system. Ie, each individual battle win vs another member of a guild gains the guild 1 point. Losses give -1 points. The problem here is finding out who's killing your guild ranking XD
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Ingame guild tags wouldn't be too hard to implement with this system. Ie, each individual battle win vs another member of a guild gains the guild 1 point. Losses give -1 points. The problem here is finding out who's killing your guild ranking XD
    Thats a lot easier

just sayin ._.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    I have lost interest in this game

(but i'm not leaving)
    Aw.. , by reading the title, i was expecting a good news..
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱