Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A few newbie questions (Boris Deck)

Hello, first of all sorry if i make some mistakes english isnt my primary language

I picked up the game 3 days ago and i love it so far ! After playing the AI for 2 days i finally started some quick matchs against real opponent and it went well so far, but i had a few questions about the Boris Deck i built.

It's basically the Boris beginner's Deck from this thread :

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....adow-Era-quot-!

(***) Boris (***)

ALLY

2 x Armored Sandworm
    3 x Aldon the Brave
    2 x Priest of the Light
    3 x Aeon Stormcaller
    3 x Raven Wildheart
    3 x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 x Jasmine Rosecult

ABILITY

1 x Enrage
    1 x War Banner
    2 x Smashing Blow
    2 x Bad Santa
    4 x Blood Frenzy
    3 x Retreat!
    4 x Crippling Blow

ARMOR

2 x The King's Pride

Except that i couldn't find the bad santa cards for sale. What i did instead i that i put 2 Shield Bash instead of the Bad Santas, but i find that i very rarely, if ever, find the need to play Shield Bash.

1) Is there something i'm missing about shield bash or is the card considered not-so-useful by most ?

2) I also figured that, because i'm going blood frenzy as soon as possible, i'm sometimes in deep troubles when enrage doesn't come up. It's rare and most of the time it's here when i start to need it but sometimes it's at the very bottom of the deck and things start to get rough. Is it wise to add 1 enrage in the deck ? (for a total of 2).

3) How useful is Bad Santa ? Is it an emergency card you use when you quickly need a specific card ? If i was not to use bad santa at all, what 2 cards would you add to complete the deck and why ?

Thanks a lot for any advice and see you in game soon hopefully

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First off, Welcome to the Shadow Era forums HugeMistake.

1. Shield Bash is rarely used. It wont usually kill most allies you use it on. Its not useless, but it isn't used very much from what I can tell. I would try taking them both out and adding a second Enrage and a second War Banner.

2. Try adding one more copy of Enrage as stated above.

3. When played at the right time it can be of huge help. I've seen players use this card simply to gain Blood Frenzy because of how important it is to have Blood Frenzy as a Warrior. It can also snuff out those cards that you might need that turn. You just have to be careful when you play it, because it does give your opponent 3 cards as well (assuming their hand doesn't fill all the way up).

Sadly, Bad Santa seems to be the "sold out" card atm. Some players have said that you may find it if you check the merchant after every match. You never know when someone is going to sell a copy.

Hope this helps!
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your answers Demnchi This is exactly what i did and now i'm hoping to be able to buy Bad Santas ASAP.

It says here :

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....591#post203591

that enrage is almost totally useless because this one card (sever ties) can destroy it. I never met anyone who used it so far but i guess that's because i'm playing against other newbies. Should i switch to Rampage instead ?

also, should my deck include some cards like Severed Ties and Ley Line Nexus or isn't against the "spirit" of the deck i'm using (which seems to be super-offensive, focus most of your damaging power on the opponent's hero to take him down fast, use crippling blow and Boris special attack to control his allies, but maybe i'm wrong ).

Again thanks in advance for any help/advice !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A little bump here as i would like an answer especially to this question :

"It says here :

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....591#post203591

that enrage is almost totally useless because this one card (sever ties) can destroy it. I never met anyone who used it so far but i guess that's because i'm playing against other newbies. Should i switch to Rampage instead ? "

Thanks for any help

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sever Ties isn't a common card in the meta at the moment. I run Enrage in my Amber with a good level of certainty that it will survive the game. However, I personally think Rampage is complete crap. It changes the way you play, directing damage away from the enemy hero as you focus on his allies. And the thing is, if you are able to consistently kill off your opponents allies, you're probably winning anyway and don't need the life gain. And if you're behind, Rampage won't save you, whereas Enrage just might.

That's just my thoughts, and others may disagree. I know solo and semi-solo Warrior decks make good use of Rampage.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    welcome to the forums Mistake

as Preybird mentioned, sever ties isn't used that much in the current meta (at least on high-ish ratings) so Enrage could be used +- safely..
    The way I see it, even though I don't play warriors too often:

- Enrage is to be used towards the very end of a game, when you're approaching dangerously low levels of HP..it will probably allow you to survive for at least one extra turn and you better hope to get a card that can switch back the situation for you
    - Rampage gives you guaranteed healing but Warriors can't afford the tempo loss (considering that you're already -and ideally!- playing your blood frenzy on T3)...no allies on T3 & T4 would be a very risky approach --> Unless you're playing a solo warrior deck, in which case rampage is a better choice than enrage
    RS Ayaribas - OlivTree
    High council member

Who we are & how to join us:
    Rising Sun guild thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks guys this is a lot to think about and it's time for me to playtest stuff and start learning. I hope to see you in game one day