Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Preliminary Signups- Faolind's 5v5 Teamplay Tactics Dungeon

Announcing the first ever 5v5 Teamplay Tactics Dungeon!!!

Ok. So here's the basics: this is really a simple (evil laugh) sign up page to see if anyone is interested. Since funding has been approved (wow, thanks GDC!), all that I need to make this tournament official is some players!

Rules Overview (simplified): you need a team of 5 players cooperating together.

Each team must choose a set of five heroes to use in the tournament. You do not have to choose who will play each hero (yet). The heroes mus all be of the same faction (you either have a shadow team, or a human team)
    Once the heroes have been chosen, you must place them on a 3x3 grid this is your deployment board
    (cool name: Battleboard)

Example below:

Front
    l l l l
    l Nish l Gwen l Lance l
    l______l______l______l
    l l l l
    l l Zhanna l l
    l______l______l______l
    Back
    (Note: you don't have to draw this like I did, and it looked better in the editor)

This of course has a purpose. Your battleboard determines who you can fight against, as well as who can fight against you.
    Basically, each team takes a turn, and on this turn, may take one or more actions. You may make one attack per turn, but you may also make reactive heals or vengeance attacks (explained later). In general, you may only attack when you have line of sight (there is no one in the way between you and the other player. LOS is drawn with a line, and the two boards are considered to be touching with no space between them). There are exceptions, however, which brings us to the class abilities.

Class abilities

Warrior: (Guardian Block) You may stop any attack directed to an allied hero, and take the attack yourself. You must be ahead or level with the ally you are blocking for.

Hunter: (Sniper Shot) You may attack any hero, regardless of line of sight

Mage: (Lightning Chain) Whenever you defeat a hero, you may choose another hero adjacent to the hero you defeated. That hero starts his/her next battle with -5 hp.

Wulven: (Stealth) Wulven cannot be attacked directly. They only fight when they are the attacker.

Rogue: (Disguise) The rogue may appear to his opponents as any other hero. (he still fights as a rogue, just appears to be something else while on the board)

Priest: (Healing) The priest may fight an opposing hero as a reaction to that hero defeating one of the priest's allies. This does not count as the team's attack that turn. With a victory, the defeated hero is healed. In defeat, the priest gets -5 hp next battle.

Elemental: (Vengeance) The elemental may fight an opposing hero as a reaction to that hero defeating one of the elemental's allies. This does not count as the team's attack that turn. On victory, the defeated hero is healed to 20 hp, and the opposing hero is killed. On defeat, the elemental is killed.

Those abilities are what will define the game.

Extra considrations: each battle will consist of one fight, not three as in other games. The attacker always gets to go first. Sync errors do not count, and must be refought.

The hp subtractions are to be calculated by the players while in game. Thus if a hero with -5 hp is at 6 hp, they are actually at 1 hp.

Prizes: 600 SC for each member of the winning team, 200 SC for each member of the 2nd place team.

Once you play as a hero, you are locked to that hero. there is no deck lock however, and you are not locked to a hero until you participate in battle.

I have planned for 2 to 4 teams, but if there are enough players, I can increase this limit, and also the prize (additions funded by me)

Feel free to post here while looking for a team, or forming one! All full teams should pm me with their builds, as opposed to posting them (we dont want rogues being revealed, etc.). Add a cool team name! Also include a team leader who will decide what your team does each turn.

best format for showing me your board setup:

Team Eagle Falcons!!!!
    N12
    NN3
    45N

1. Majiya
    2. Ter Adun
    3. Moonstalker
    4. Darkclaw
    5. Zaladar

Let the games begin!!!!
    Last edited by Faolind; 08-07-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    (former)Armored Space Fleet Member
    (former) Design Team Intern
    Physical Deck Theory
    Faolind's Game Map (strategy article)
    Awesome Tournament!!!!
    (And its results)
    I wrote for this tournament (Rogues and Hunters are mine)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    List of players (now incomplete, due to too many players. full list will be added for tournament page)

Queen of Asgard (With Guardian's Oath)
    ColdSteel (assumed ETC/ASF)
    Gerardo E (TJX)
    XanteseZerylliom (TJX)
    Leonhardt13 (GSE2, AKA Dungeon Crawlers)
    Iramaj (Enlisted to Endure)
    ILuvMoneyy (TJX)
    GrimGuardians (with Guardian's Oath)
    aoki32 (with Guardian's Oath)
    DjakartaXue (assumed ETC/ASF)
    Lucas332 (with Guardian's Oath)
    Badjar (with Guardian's Oath)
    Aebrams (IGN: Aebramz. For hire, prefers shadow)
    ChaosFactor (IGN:chaotickillz. wants a team, no faction preference)
    Kkikieke (GSE2, aka Dungeon Crawlers)
    dios Achilleus (wants a team, human faction preferred)
    tristalite (TJX)
    shadowwinds (looking for a team. plays Zal)

Super Easy overview of play (requested by players):
    Ok! So easy version: You have a team of 5 players, represented by 5 heroes on a 3x3 (tic-tac-toe style) gameboard. You fight a similar team set up on their own board. There are abilities for each class of hero, which affect gameplay. Each team will make an attack on their turn, and then the other team will take their turn. An attack is one hero versus one other hero. The attacker gets to go first in the actual match, and the attack's outcome is decided by one game, as opposed to 3 or 5. Sync errors need to be replayed.

Deadline of Sunday the 19th (A few days from now) for presenting a team. If we have 8 teams at any time I will close entry to the tournament, as I can't handle more than 8 teams. Good luck everyone!

Reservations (void without final team's PM) (teams listed by Forum Name)

GSE Guild (2 spots, maybe 3)
    Guardian's Oath: GrimGuardians (team captain), Aoki, Queen of Asgard, Lucas332, Badjar
    Dungeon Crawlers (temp name): Ymantoine (team captain), Leonhardt13, Verytrue, Phishyphishy, Kkikieke

TJX Guild (2 spots)
    Fully Confirmed-Most of us are Jokes by the way: Gerardo E (team captain), Oxymoron, Nataku, Piggykoala, ILuvMoneyy
    2. tristalite (team captain)

E2E: (1 spot)
    Fully Confirmed-Enlisted to Endure: Iramaj (team captain), Maldazar, Tonemastag, Bravebaldric, Tmakk

WotBP Guild
    Fully Confirmed-BP Azure Flames: Direwulven (temporary team captain), Shadowace, Enalanel, Wreon, theSt4lker (may need to be substituted)

ASF/ETC (possibly 2 spots)

shadowwinds (0 to 1 spot)

Rules Clarifications:
    Line of Sight rule:I'm going to say that Line of Sight works both ways. If you have a hero that is placed so that it can't be attacked (mid or back row with protective coverage) then that hero, uless it is a hunter, cannot attack others (until the heroes ahead of it have died)

That said, a single Warrior in the front row could produce a scenario where your back/mid rows can attack, but they are safe because the warrior is doing all the defensive fighting.

If you can't draw a line from the one hero to the other without running through an occupied space, then you can't attack.

board setup:

741 ADG
    852 BEH
    963 CFI

where 123 and ABC are the front rows of each team

If (2) is occupied, then a hero on (A) may not attack a hero on (3) until the hero on (2) is killed.

However, if there is no one on (1), but there are heroes on (4,5) then the Hero on (A) may attack those heroes.

X5X
    X1X

AXB
    CXD
    EXX

could A and B attack 3 like this? could 1 attack C,D and E?

A or B could attack 3
    1 could attack C and D, but E is stretching it a bit.

Diagonals still work! so you can attack slantwise:

1N3
    N4N
    2N5
    ..A..
    ..B..

B can attack 2 and 5, just like 2 and 5 can attack B

No replica of any hero: So maximum number of 2 for every class and adds variety to the different heros you will have to use. Makes it a bit even too because you might have a good Zhanna player but not a good Jericho so you don't actually have two really good Priests that are healing everyone, just one strong one that may take teamwork to take down. This will prevent any big teams of Wulven or anything else that may sound unfair.

Hp-5 stacks:If it didn't stack, then Priests could potentially just heal constantly until a team victory. this way, they have to be careful about when they heal (if the opponent stacks the de-buffs)

However, that -5 ony lasts till the next match, so if the priest won that (somehow) then all the -5s would dissapear.

Wulven Ability: After some thought, I have decided that in this tournament, the Wulven will block line of sight for both sides. My reasoning is this: 1. A lot of players have been asking why anyone would play shadow, so shadow needs this to make the game balanced. 2. The proposed idea of making heros able to attack through the wulven would mean that while the wulven allies were blocked by line of sight, they could still be hit by opposing heroes, that doesnt sound too great. 3. Making the wulven invisible for both sides is really odd in my mind, because then they are just taking up space that isn't really relevant. 4. Darkclaw isn't as good (in most players' hands) as Moonstalker. This means if they want to block off the board, they have to use an inferior hero as a frontline unit.

Tactics:"Once you clear the front row it would be as if your opponent started with only two rows.... This will add a strategic element if you want to reach back players early you want to clear off their front line first."
    That pretty much sums it up, but this tournament is intended to be based on tactics. You rely on tactics to achieve the matchups you want. However, as you open up their formation, you also allow them new options. Because once you can strike at them, they may also strike at you. Keep your formations tight if you wish to use a few heroes to start with, and loosen your formations up if you wish to have more tactical options. Just keep in mind, the more or less options you have, creates more or less options for your opponent.

Healers (priest/elementals): as Priest/Elemental's heal abilities are a tad overpowered currently, they will now only work on adjacent heroes. (If your healer is in the center space, it may heal all heroes, and if it is back line center, it may not heal front line, etc.)

If any more rules clarifications are needed, please ask.
    Last edited by Faolind; 08-20-2012 at 01:53 AM.
    Physical Deck Theory
    Awesome Tournament!!!!
    (And its results)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok im in....

And with this i reserve for my guild mates ( i can do it right?) sound too cool to leave this pass away
    Last edited by Queen of Asgard; 08-02-2012 at 06:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK O______________________________________O

I LOVES YOUR AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You might want to start by changing your forum name

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Asgard View Post
    Ok im in....

And with this i reserve for my guild (i can do it right?) sound too cool to leave this pass away
    If you mean you want to reserve a team spot, go right ahead! But no reserving the entire tournament...
    Physical Deck Theory
    Awesome Tournament!!!!
    (And its results)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol how i can reserve the entire tournament....just the team players :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK O______________________________________O

I LOVES YOUR AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ADORABLE T_________________________________________________ __________________T

just sayin ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You might want to start by changing your forum name

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This almost sounds like SE's version of Blood Bowl Interesting.

I'll see if we can rustle up a team for you Fao!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will see if some of ESE wants to get in on this. However, I may need to reread the rules and ask some questions for verification.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Last edited by Iramaj; 08-02-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The rogue gets to tech for that one match, while the other player is teching for a different battle, thus making that one battle much more likely to be a victory.
    Since each team is required to attack each turn (didn't really mention that, sorry), the wulven would be forced to fight eventually, but on his own terms.
    I believe the abilities are balanced. Rogues can be very annoying if you use the ability correctly. (it can force the other team into second guessing, making bad decisions, and teching badly)
    Last edited by Faolind; 08-02-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: typos! typos everywhere! agghh!!!
    Physical Deck Theory
    Awesome Tournament!!!!
    (And its results)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd like to participate. I will post my team right away.