Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SolForge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They are going to have a playable demo at Gencon, running on IPads at their booth... So coding and artwork are at least in progress. However some areas like the player economy aren't even decided on yet, let alone coded. I've said it once or twice, I think asynchronous play is a killer feature for mobile. It's what got me excited and caused me to back the project.

I'm taking their timelines with a grain of salt, they have a lot to deliver in not much time. Some of the features they are promising have been in development for a year for Shadowera...

I watched the twitch video, it's pretty clear that they are comparing themselves to mtgo when they talk about beating their prices. Seems likely that the cost will end up somewhere between SE and MTGO. They talk about mtgo a lot, haven't heard them mention SE. I guess that makes sense given the background of the people working on it.
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatts View Post
    They are going to have a playable demo at Gencon, running on IPads at their booth... So coding and artwork are at least in progress. However some areas like the player economy aren't even decided on yet, let alone coded. I've said it once or twice, I think asynchronous play is a killer feature for mobile. It's what got me excited and caused me to back the project.

I'm taking their timelines with a grain of salt, they have a lot to deliver in not much time. Some of the features they are promising have been in development for a year for Shadowera...

I watched the twitch video, it's pretty clear that they are comparing themselves to mtgo when they talk about beating their prices. Seems likely that the cost will end up somewhere between SE and MTGO. They talk about mtgo a lot, haven't heard them mention SE. I guess that makes sense given the background of the people working on it.
    I'll be sure to head over to their booth at GenCon and give them some free cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    I'll be sure to head over to their booth at GenCon and give them some free cards.
    I'm not sure how receptive they will be, they are pretty jaded about the physical tcg scene (more collection management? No thanks...)

Still, definitely worth a trip to suss out the competition...
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatts View Post
    They are going to have a playable demo at Gencon, running on IPads at their booth... So coding and artwork are at least in progress.
    Ah, thanks for correcting me about that. I hadn't watched the video yet or read everything on the KS page; just went through it quickly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I LOLed at the yoda part of the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by supatroopa45 View Post
    Not straightforward? Well I am a very backward person.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The whole gameplay mechanic sounds very different. A simple 2 actionpoints per turn, 2 cards a turn and a new 5 card hand every turn, sounds very luck based. And their focus on single player worries me too. I would much rather havea shadow era type of game, with many more cards, new mechanics and cards to keep things intressting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The focus isn't on Single Player Qess, at least as far as I've understood it, but there will be an actual campaign. Multiplayer will still be the main course it seems. I contributed, I'm not gonna lie especially if they deliver on the more social aspects they've been talking about via replies like a full chat system, friend/guild system, and such in-game as it were. I'm still waiting to see exactly how complex the game is going to be as while I adore Shadow Era it just doesn't quite scratch that itch that I can only not quite adequately describe as complexity/depth.
    Endure Through Caution SE-ETC Learned Scholar
    "Knowledge is power, and I have a lot of knowledge."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Having watched the video on their kickstarter page, it goes to show how well Kyle has done to launch this entirely on his own without any financial support from anyone. I am sure $1M of up-front backing would have helped a whole lot.

It's a shame Richard Garfield has not noticed this game, because it does everything he claims to be looking for
    Anything Garfield touches turns out pretty damn good. Wulven better take note of this project, could end up being a very serious competitor.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    Anything Garfield touches turns out pretty damn good. Wulven better take note of this project, WILL end up being a very serious competitor.
    ftfy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If only Kyle had offered trolling lessons to the top bidders...
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis