Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Requesting to have a match with this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why don't you use any Sac Lamb or Server Ties? Given that, how would you manage to beat Amber? I always get destroyed by warriors..
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Against Gwenneth hiding Into the Forest?
    IGN: TJ TyrX
    Trapmaster of Jars
    Move as swift as the Wind. Hide as silent as a Forest.
    Attack as fierce as Fire. Defend as steady as a Mountain.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gonna try this deck out...lets see

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Not enough draw for my tastes. Make some room for SL and you have my stamp of approval.... even without nova!
    Actually even without Sac Lamb your draw is higher than in most other decks. Even without having ToK on the board I go to 8-9 resources quite easy.
    SK is always a 1 for 1 card and if you are able to loop them you have all draw you need honestly. And you also have your ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSteel View Post
    Requesting to have a match with this deck.
    You already lost like 3 or 4 time to this deck ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    Why don't you use any Sac Lamb or Server Ties? Given that, how would you manage to beat Amber? I always get destroyed by warriors..
    Sac Lamb is not needed. I had Sac Lamb in my previous version but there the deck was too slow to beat Mage mirrors and had more problems against Zaladar going second. I can add a matchup info on how to use this deck against Amber and Boris later if I have time, so check out my 2nd post this then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr Anasazi View Post
    Against Gwenneth hiding Into the Forest?
    Well Into the forest is the only card in the game, that has no counter at all. My opinion is, that a card without a counter is totally broken and should not exist. No hero can do something against it.

However. Gwen is pretty good against all Majiya decks you can find, simple because of your low hp pool and the fact that you have no healing.
    If Gwen has enough SE, 2 or 3 bows and 2 into the forest. He will just mainsnipe you in 3 turns.
    But well she can do that to nearly every hero and deck.
    If you know your opponent plays Gwen you can try to tech a bit with Shadowspawn, Server Ties and LLN.
    Also Snow Sapphira is always good and handy against gwen.
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Without SL or ST or nova, if the blood frenzied warriors crippled your SKs, you can't loop and your draw power will restricted as well. Won't that be a problem?
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    Without SL or ST or nova, if the blood frenzied warriors crippled your SKs, you can't loop and your draw power will restricted as well. Won't that be a problem?
    Actually the only problem about Amber is that her damage output with weapons is so high and you have a low hp pool.
    So in my opinion Amber can only win against my deck, if she can hit my hero with his sword freely while using cb and retreat on my allies all the time and then deathrace me.
    I know lots of guys will contradict me in this point... (hello jacqui) but I think Amber will never out-control a portal Majiya deck.
    So if Amber begins and has lots of retreat and cb early you are kinde in trouble and will most likely lose. Thats how it is. If Amber can freely hit your hero with weapons while disable or retreat everything you drop, your hp pool is too low to survive that and Amber will death race you once you get finally board. And it does not help that she can steal fireballs with dimension ripper.

The more often Amber has to hit the board with her sword the more likely you will win. So yeah thats it... if I go first against Amber I think I actually feel very confident about this matchup.
    If Amber goes first I hope he does not have perfect draw. If she does, I lose, if not I have a chance to win....

Thats my opinion for this matchup. And lots of guys thought they can snipe me with Amber and I won most of them.

Amber has nothing against ToK so she cannot stop your draw, and she has nothing against Portal, so you can haste fatty after fatty on her and even just ignore unbuffed Sandworms
    Last edited by painful_smile; 08-01-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vs. human mage, if your Portal played on T4 is returned by Shrine, what do you do on T5, still play SK, replay Portal, or do something else like ToK+draw/3-cost ally?
    Trapmaster of Jars

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr Anasazi View Post
    vs. human mage, if your Portal played on T4 is returned by Shrine, what do you do on T5, still play SK, replay Portal, or do something else like ToK+draw/3-cost ally?
    i would say this depends on the board situation and opp.

on an (more or less) empty board against a hero without dd i would eventually prefer sk (also depending if and which ally i would draw from graveyard),
    but most of the time i may just replay portal
    A1 Icebear: A1's Glacial Claws of Fury

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    i would say this depends on the board situation and opp.

on an (more or less) empty board against a hero without dd i would eventually prefer sk (also depending if and which ally i would draw from graveyard),
    but most of the time i may just replay portal
    Hi Icebear,

I was refering to the first matchup in PS' OP.

Majiya vs. Eladwen and Majiya goes first.

Majiya has Portal and 2x SK in opening hand and thus plan to go like
    T4: Portal
    T5: SK
    T6: SK

The board will be something like Brutalis + Infernal Gargoyle against Puwen+ Aldon + Jasmine (play on T4 with Shrine). And most likely the graveyard is still empty. Also note that Eladwen's SE is fully charged at this point.
    Last edited by Tyr Anasazi; 08-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    Trapmaster of Jars