Close

Thread: Banebow the 3rd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Banebow the 3rd

IN THE RIGHT FORUM WOOOOOOOO!

Anyway, decided to post this out because I cba to work on it more. Taking a break from SE to see if I get enough motivation to be able to be arsed to practice again when the expansion comes out.

The deck:

Banebow

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Brutalis
    4x Plasma Behemoth / Molten Destroyer / Shadow Knight
    1x Medusil
    4x Death Mage Thaddeus

4x Poison Arrow
    4x Here Be Monsters
    3x Shriek of Vengeance
    3x Sacrificial Lamb

4x Wrath of the Forest
    4x Soul Seeker

Total: 40

The plan is to use HBM to force more sacs and then kill the opposing draw engine. If you can't kill the draw engine, just delaying their resources is fine. Proceed to roll them with card advantage.

You can pretty much use every 5cc ally Shadow has but Brutal Minotaur is kind of bad so I left that out. If you feel like 17 allies is too little, go Shadow Knights but your 5cc ally choice is your primary tech method.

Not much else to say here. Use some HBM(turn 3 HBM is pretty much terrible unless you are going 2nd and have no 3cc ally to drop), use some Shriek and roll them Banebow style.

It's not a refined deck so it's not the be-all-end-all.

See you in the next version. I'll still be lurking around blitzkrieging my post count but after I finish the tournaments I'm currently in, I won't be playing much unless there's a major event before the next version.
    Last edited by Airact; 07-31-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    so its a resource burner type with HBM and Shriek.. ever try with CobraSkin Wrap for extra -1 resource and +1 draw?

I live to Adapt and Learn to be strong. Master in any card game but not poker.. LOL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to question about the sac lamb. Doesn't it just waste space when you now have HBM to draw cards? I don't use any sac lamb if I use HBM on my BB.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nah it's card advantage type.

HBM completely screws their tempo if you go 2nd because they need an extra card to get to 5 resources (they need to sac something important to get there). If they drop a draw engine, Shriek it (unless it's Blood Frenzy, that's kinda hard to remove so just kill the JD instead, you'll get to 5 before your opponent anyway).

If you go first, you get the card advantage by skipping your t4 sac and forcing your opponent on 2 resourses. Or just play normal Banebow and go for t4 WotF, which is probably the better choice (Lance can punish you if you do that however).

Sac Lamb is there for a number of reasons. One is that you will die if you let MS CP your DMT which Sac Lamb prevents to some degree. It's good against Amber, Boris and Lance as well.

It's there to reinforce the deck in general. I might not get a good chance to play WotF or HBM in the mid or late game and Sac Lambs become useful there. I might also not draw what I want so it's there to do that and it comboes well with WotF.

Technically you could go with only 2x Sac Lamb because it's a reserve card more than anything but your MS matchup (same with Warriors and Lance) can be really hard if you do that. If you want to do that, just add a 2nd Medusil instead of the 3rd Sac Lamb.
    Last edited by Airact; 08-08-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe you need some Flaming Arrows other than the poison ones, they are good against Shadow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried using Flaming Arrows during Summer but it made the resource curve completely retarded and I didn't really like it that much. Also it only barely made a difference against Lance which is why I ditched BB to begin with.

FA can work but I think I need to change the deck a lot to make it happen (less HBM for example, I need resources if I want FA).