Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New player, looking for help from players on improvement

So I am relatively new to tcgs and shadow era. After doing some searching around the forums, I found several builds for eladwen, but I am not sure on what cards would improve my deck in general. I have only just reached level 5 with a basic eladwen deck, and after testing out elemenatalis, I found that I liked my Mage better. I only have a limited budget at the moment, so I would like some advice on improving my deck in general. I currently have

Hero
    1 Eladwen

Ally
    2 Dirk saber
    2 Sandra Trueblade
    1 Lily Rosecult
    3 Puwen Bloodhelm
    1 Birgitte Skullborn
    1 Kurt Whitehelm
    3 Blake Windrunner

Ability
    2 Fireball
    1 Freezing Grip
    1 Poison Gas
    1 Engulfing Flames
    1 Lightning Strike
    1 Tome of Knowledge
    1 Portal
    1 Arcane Blast
    2 Clinging Webs
    1 Cover of the Night
    1 Retreat!
    1 Reinforced armor
    1 Special Delivery
    1 Campfire Stories
    2 Good Acendant
    3 Rain Delay
    3 Extra Sharp
    2 Bazaar

This deck is basically the starter deck for Eladwen and all the usable cards from elementalis pack mixed together, and some random cards I could buy to hit 40 cards for multiplayer. As you might imagine, it isn't doing well. So I am just looking for what to cut, add, and a general strategy that I might try. Thanks everyone. Glad to join this forum.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Kyriaki and welcome to Shadow Era!

I suggest using this link for some free shadow crystals to purchase another Mage starter deck. This will give you more copies of the mage cards that you will want to be including in your decks.

Fireball, lightning strike, and tome of knowledge are usually staples in any mage deck. So I suggest putting in several copies of those. As for allies, just make sure you have a good distribution of costs so that you can have allies at any point in the game.

Try to avoid placing x1 of anything in your deck. Instead, put multiple copies of what you feel you will need in the deck. I suggest throwing in some clinging webs and more retreats!.

Hope this helps!
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your reply Demnchi, That link helped me get the shadow crystals I needed . I will take your advice and take out most of the one cards, and will probably get more clinging webs, fireballs, tome, and lightning strike for my deck. I searched around some more, and am now torn between whether to put more copies of jasmine or priest of light in my deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriaki View Post
    ... and am now torn between whether to put more copies of jasmine or priest of light in my deck.
    That's a decision even veteran players struggle with!

Try 3 and 3
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post
    That's a decision even veteran players struggle with!
    not really, if you have enought ability/attachement counter opponents' allies go with PotL, if you have what you need to overcome opponents' ability go for Jasmine, easy choice.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱