Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Help defeating Moonstalker

I was playing fine until i hit 230 and started to fight against moonstalkers. I play Serena and Lance. Please give some tips/ideas on facing them. One of the moonstalker i faced did not let me him for the whole game while my allies were taken out by EA. No idea how to defeat such decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Against the type of Moonstalker which uses EA and just hides all day, it is important to destroy the EA with Stop Thief. If you do that, you can hide a whole ton of allies behind an Aeon. The Aeon will likely get CP'd, but it won't matter because you can now build up a gazillion allies behind him who can't be messed with. Eventually you will get a turn to attack, and you can try to kill him in one shot. It's honestly a very tough matchup for a rogue to handle, but it can be done usually.

Against a Moonstalker using lots of big allies, if you bring at least 3-4x Assassination and 3-4x Retreat, you should be fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    moonstalker is a bad match up for Lance and Serena, all you can really do is flood the board with allies, kill his EA with Stop Thief and wait for a turn where he can't stop your attack

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Whatever ducky said, brain. Alternatively you can carry Sever Ties to sever the lone wolf at the right time. Just Stop Thief! his EAs, WBTs and you should do fine. Include Sandworms too. One of the best 5cc drops.
    and lastly, try to keep a full hand towards the end of the game if it lasts that long.
    Full Hand= 7 cards
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would try adding at least 2x Shrine of Negatia. You can return full moon, rain delay, and others. Also, you can try using Sever Ties. This will kill Lone Wolf and Speedstrike. 4x stop thief is a must too. Since it becomes incredibly difficult to win with millstalker without What Big Teeth. Sometimes, you can also lock the mill down, by becoming reactive, stalling yourself, and not drawing many cards. The millstalker has to draw tons of cards to be able to stall like it does, they will run out of their deck long before you will and you can just sit back and watch them burn themselves to death by draw burn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for all your help!
    I will try to get the cards you all have mentioned, still trying my best to gather up gold and SCs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    Against the type of Moonstalker which uses EA and just hides all day, it is important to destroy the EA with Stop Thief. If you do that, you can hide a whole ton of allies behind an Aeon. The Aeon will likely get CP'd, but it won't matter because you can now build up a gazillion allies behind him who can't be messed with. Eventually you will get a turn to attack, and you can try to kill him in one shot. It's honestly a very tough matchup for a rogue to handle, but it can be done usually.

Against a Moonstalker using lots of big allies, if you bring at least 3-4x Assassination and 3-4x Retreat, you should be fine.
    Problem is, if he then brings Crescendo you're in serious trouble.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Problem is, if he then brings Crescendo you're in serious trouble.
    You will have to ST Crescendo and hope he doesn't have enough EA + Crescendo to outlast your ST. Getting multiple ST isn't hard because he forces so much draw on you. Not saying it's any kind of guarenteed victory (I do note in my post it's a hard matchup) but victory is possible this way. I don't know of a better anti-millstalker rogue strat, personally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When your opponent is a Millstalker and you are a Lance are you not really in a very good position. If you destroy the EA with your Stop Thief can it be that you are unable to destroy your opponents Crescendo and all your allies die at once. And many Millstalker run 2 Crescendo + 1-2 Master Smith which can become akward for you if his draw is good.

In general count that when his draw isn't bad and you can't rush him than play on time. You can bring an Aeon on the field and buff 1-2 allies high and don't let them die. Retreat your Aeon and other allies if necessary and never spam all your allies out. Also are Spelleaters Band very handy to protect your hero. If you don't have Lily and Spelleaters so far but encounter a lot of Millstalker, consider to add them.

What you should never sac:
    -Retreat
    -AB
    -Spelleaters
    -3cc allies or higher
    -Assasination (not all at least) because he could run 2 SK
    -Stop Thief

Serena has a better chances against him since she can discard vital cards. And remember that you can still hit down the durability of armors when Full Moon is played.
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    You will have to ST Crescendo and hope he doesn't have enough EA + Crescendo to outlast your ST. Getting multiple ST isn't hard because he forces so much draw on you. Not saying it's any kind of guarenteed victory (I do note in my post it's a hard matchup) but victory is possible this way. I don't know of a better anti-millstalker rogue strat, personally.
    It's probably the best way yes, I wasn't saying that it was. I just wanted to have all the information out for the original poster. Another possible strat is to destroy bazaar every time, so he gets low on draw quite fast. Though, I admit, I haven't tested that out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Larus View Post
    Serena has a better chances against him since she can discard vital cards. And remember that you can still hit down the durability of armors when Full Moon is played.
    Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you can, because your allies are actually doing 0 damage, so the durability doesn't get worn out. You can wear out weapons however.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.