Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Montag451 View Post
    I know what you mean, AA has an album out soon, Gojira is supposed to have an EP out this year, and Meshuggah tentatively slated their new album for later this year.

It's interesting that while we both listen to several varying genres of music, our tastes outside of metal differ widely. For instance, I don't listen to punk, hip-hop, and have a strong loathing for most indie music I've heard. Outside of metal I listen to some rock/alternative, industrial, electronic, dance (mostly low tempo), game/movie/other soundtracks (which in themselves can cover multiple genres of music), and on some occasions goth. But I also have completely sworn off country. I mean, I get why people might enjoy it, but I can't stand it.
    Well, I refrain from pretty much anything radio friendly. Some metal bands I like have been played on the radio before, but 98% of it is nothing you would here on that shit. I grew up with Industrial, Trip-Hop, Dark Electronica stuff, so I love that stuff as well. Video Game Soundtracks (especially the Final Fantasy Series and Fallout seriest) I love to listen to, I have my gems here and there. Never much into goth or "doom" metal type stuff, or even non metal goth stuff, but I still can listen to it. I can find at least one band/artist in EVERY genre of music that I can at least tolerate. As for indie, I listen to the good stuff (Even though 'good' and 'indie' probably don't compute in your mind from the sounds of it :P) none of this garbage ass pussy bullshit on the radio and popular movies.

I am a musician myself, making all kinds of music on my own time, or while I am in bands (only down to 2 bands atm). So I spread my music love-seed all over everyone's faces. LMFAO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Booch138 View Post
    I am a musician myself, making all kinds of music on my own time, or while I am in bands (only down to 2 bands atm). So I spread my music love-seed all over everyone's faces. LMFAO
    Well spank me and call me Socrates. *points at sig*
    I did write a blog about it (only I have actually). I haven't updated it in ages, and it's missing almost all of my good metal songs, but it's something.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Checked out your page bro, though havene't heard any songs yet since I am at work and can't listen to music at this point in time (watcing the front office for the HR people while they are at lunch.)

However, I read that you have influence from Uematsu, and wumpscut. You just went up 7.9 billion points in my book.

I don't have a lot of my more professional stuff recorded (loosely using the word professional LOL it's all pretty amature) but check out my stuff at www.soundcloud.com/booch138. It's just some fun stuff I've dabbled with. You might like the song "Living the Dream". It's my particular style of metal I write. A band of m ind has a myspace page too but yeah that's weird folk/punk/pirate/desert/surf rock shit. LOL

You can also see the song here if you are interested.
    Last edited by Booch138; 03-23-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Wicked. I wish I could do solos without needing to cheat in some form or another. I just don't have the time to master the guitar as much as I'd like. It's quite frustrating writing something I can't play.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Montag451 View Post
    Wicked. I wish I could do solos without needing to cheat in some form or another. I just don't have the time to master the guitar as much as I'd like. It's quite frustrating writing something I can't play.
    I struggle with that more than you'll ever know. I can't do sweeppicking or anything, and my music calls for it sometimes, and I can't do it. It hurt my heart LOL.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    im also a huge metalhead!!! +1 to booch's ipod, kinda looks like mine! seen some people were posting some of there own music. below is a link to one of my songs.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...&q=hi&newref=1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I've uploaded 4 more recent songs to soundclick. Clicky the link in my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by j6m6w6 View Post
    im also a huge metalhead!!! +1 to booch's ipod, kinda looks like mine! seen some people were posting some of there own music. below is a link to one of my songs.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...&q=hi&newref=1
    Very nice.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I listen to Post-Rock and the closest that it comes to metal is Mogwai, Russian Circles, and Boris.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello metal music friends
    Love :
    Insomnium
    Amon Amarth
    Dark Tranquility
    In flames and more ...

if u want I'have done some guitar covers of Amon Amarth and In Flames for time :

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkAmoNium

Cheers from france

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I came to say I like ACDC and Metallica as well as Dream Theatre. But judging on how serious everyone else is on this tread, now I just feel like a loser.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here